Fashion's Night Out 2009 - New York City

Is anyone else going to be in New York during FNO?
I had been planning to go especially to see Coco Rocha but I got home at 3 last night and I'm completely knackered, so unfortunately I have to skip it :( I can't do fabulous 2 nights in a row, my feet will fall off (super high heels that I love nearly crippled me last night) and I'm too sleepy lol

I hope for you guys Fashion's Night Out is better in NY than it was in Paris. The atmosphere her was sooooooo stuck-up. Awful. :ninja:
But anyway NYC is in a different country, different city, so have fun and enjoy! ^_^

i just got in because it's a ZOO out there...:shock:...

there is NO shopping going on..
just a lot of standing around posing...
:lol:

ugh. that would have been sooo much fun to go to. :( i would have just run around new york city all night long in search for the mystical creaure that is WINTOUR. ahaha :lol: and i would have tracked down all of my fav models.

I saw Ashely and Mary-Kate Olsen... oh god was it a hellish nightmare at Barneys, so many people dying to see those two... as was I! :lol:
Eventually it got too much, and I just went to DKNY and saw Coco Rocha dancing! She is so gorgeous in person, although I think she looks more striking with red hair, still she is very talented as a dancer and beautiful as a model, it was really enjoyable:blush:

Just like what softgrey said there is NO shopping, just really walking around and looking to see whats going on. Some stores like Versace actually had models posing as Mannequins which I thought was pretty cool (one of them really looked like a mannequin, it took a while for me to guess:lol:)
Overall it was pretty fun! :flower:

i just got in because it's a ZOO out there...:shock:...

there is NO shopping going on..
just a lot of standing around posing...
:lol:

exactly why i don't get it. i hardly saw anyone shopping amongst the coverage i saw just a lot of partying really. what makes anna wintour think this huge spectacle of an event was ever really going to change anything at all? i mean why should this event compared with the day prior get people to rush out and shop? and if i'm shopping any time it certainly isn't going to be amid a huge frenzy.

i dunno,it just feels so self-righteous.

UNIQ,
me too! that would have been THE best item in my wardrobe!!!

I was front row for the Chanel event in London (live Vogue fashion shoot with Daisy Lowe, Laura Bailey & Erin O'Connor) and it was really fantastic to see it in action. Exactly like an episode of Ab Fab - all the Vogue girls were 'daahling' this, and 'sweeetie you look amaaazing' that!
Otherwise stopped by Burberry (loads of celebs & paps) and Louis Vuitton (live models in the window), but otherwise it just appeared to be a lot of free cocktails but not the most enormous amount of actual shopping.
Does anyone have any good photos or anecdotes to share? xx

I thought it was fun. My friends and I went to 3.1 Phillip Lim as our first stop. I snagged one of the Rosette Dresses that was part of the FNO exclusive pieces that were re-released in new fabrics. I was thrilled because I missed getting it the first time around in S '07 when it was released in jersey. THEN, as we were leaving I was lucky enough to have Phillip Lim himself sign the lining of my 3.1 S'09 linen motorcycle jacket!
I was floored! Irina Lazareanu was there too and signed right below where he did.
Love the Lim!

Here are a few pics, I put a dot over my face though.

GetAttachment-4-2.jpg

GetAttachment-2-1-1.jpg

^I know!
I didn't even care what happened for the rest of the night. I really admire him so much, what a thrill!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zendayacomz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->