Favourite Cleanser / Cleanser Recommendations

I can't give you Karma LetThemEatCake - but the sentiment is there - thankyou! I might try it out when winter kicks in and my skin becomes dry

^Thanks for the link fashionista-ta! It's so heartbreaking to accept the fact that this amazing cleansing oil has mineral oil in it :cry: I guess in a way the Shu Uemura cleanser only stays on the skin for a minute... So it's surely not as bad as those products with mineral oil that you leave on overnight :o

^I don't think so either. I might be the reason you haven't had any reactions.

michyed, the cleansing oil from mac is what I use and really can't live without, and it's 100% mineral oil free - if you feel that you no longer want to use or repurchase the Shu Uemura later on. I've never tried the Shu so I can't compare the two but this is really excellent for getting rid of every last scrap of makeup & sunscreen.

^^Been curious about that. Thanks for adding in that it's 100% free of mineral oil. :flower:
Because I do like the OCM before a regular cleanse usually, I was looking for something else since the Darphin is not recommended to rinse off. And I NEED the action of rinsing before applying a foam to the clarisonic or just The Cure Cleanser that I'm using like liquid gold. :heart:

michyed, the cleansing oil from mac is what I use and really can't live without, and it's 100% mineral oil free - if you feel that you no longer want to use or repurchase the Shu Uemura later on. I've never tried the Shu so I can't compare the two but this is really excellent for getting rid of every last scrap of makeup & sunscreen.

Thank you for the recommendation! :heart: Does it wash off well?

Super easy, no residue - although I would not use it as a cleanser exclusively, just to remove all my makeup and then do my normal routine ^_^

Bf got us some La Roche-Posay stuff yesterday (love that boy :lol:), and one of them was the Physiological Cleansing Gel. It's really lovely...for oily skin. It dries me out to the point where my skin is sore, and that goes for every gel cleanser out there.

I can only cleanse once and only with an oil cleanser, otherwise my skin gets stripped for moisture. miu miu I actually don't think it's necessary to cleanse twice when using an oil cleanser (depending on the quality and how much it lathers etc). The whole point with oil cleansers is that you remove makeup and cleanse your skin at the same time, no?

Last edited by a moderator:
does anyone else use Shiseido's Ultimate Sun Protection SPF 55 sunscreen, and if so what are you using to get it off your face at the end of the day? somehow my oil cleansers (including Shu and Kose) aren't doing it.

I just use the oil cleanser as a remover, I don't feel it has any additional effect on my skin - but it's oily enough that I can use both with no problems. Your mileage may vary with oil cleansers, especially if you make your own - but this works for me just fine.

NeverNude, I have always heard that oil cleansers are the best for removing Shiseido 55 - if it's not removed properly then it can clog pores and that's why people haven't liked it initially. I would search MakeUpAlley because that's a popular sunscreen over there :flower:

switching off my Kose Softymo Deep cleanser proved to be a horrible mistake - one that I quickly corrected.

I don't at all buy into the negativity surrounding mineral oil usage, as long as it's used properly. I wouldn't use it in a moisturizer or foundation but as a cleanser it's just fine.

Anyone here that uses the Care line by Stella McCartney?

I've had the foaming cleanser since August and every time I use it, my skin is always so SOFT :woot::blush: I really enjoy the smell and the texture.... and it seems like my skin looks a bit better since I started using it. It's hard to tell because I have a really bad lifestyle these months (school...... not smoking/drinking) but no breaking out, except for the occasional zit ^_^

Speaking of cleansers... I'm still looking for a non-oil cleanser suitable for dry skin that doesn't lather, doesn't strip your face face of moisture and leaves your face feeling soft (not tight).

Here are some cleansers I am trying to pick from... If anybody has tried any of them, do let me know! :heart:

Aveda • Botanical Kinetics Purifying Creme Cleanser
Dr. Hauschka • Cleansing Cream
Origins • Pure Cream Cleanser
Clarins • Extra-Comfort Cleansing Cream
Clarins • Cleansing Milk for Dry to Normal skin
L'Occitane • Shea Butter Extra Gentle Cleansing Milk
L'Occitane • Shea & Organic Cotton Ultra Comforting Cleansing Milk

I just bought Bliss Steep Clean cleansing milk a little while back, and it's fantastic!
There's salicylic acid in it and it makes my skin clean and even helped with the disappearing of 2 little bumps on my jawline! Love this.

I also use their clog dissolving cleansing milk which doubles as a quick, 5 minute mask as it has got enzymes in them. Fantastic despite the strong smell!

michyed, out of that list I've used the Clarins comfort cleanser, the Dr Hauschka cleanser and the Aveda cleanser.

I didn't like the Dr H one at all, it clogged my skin up like nothing else (and I was also using it in conjunction with the Cleansing Cream exfoliator).

I had a gigantic bottle of the Aveda one that I finished only a few months ago (it lasted me about nine months using twice a day). It was good at cleansing my face but couldn't take off more than minimal amounts of makeup (I don't tend to wear heavy makeup) unless I really scrubbed at my face with the face washer.

The Clarins extra-comfort cleanser is excellent and probably my favourite of the ones off that list I've tried. It's not greasy but quite gentle and seemed to get all my slap off. Hope that helps a bit. :smile:

Bump! Any recs for a foaming or gel cleanser that you can use on a wet face with wet hands?

I swear by the OCM method every night, but since I run regularly now I need something I can use straightaway in the shower to remove sunscreen and sweat.

Nothing too drying...

^Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel is my HG day-to-day cleanser. It's very gentle but effective on my combo skin. However, I don't wear any makeup besides mascara and a little concealer, and I doubt this cleanser would take off heavy makeup by itself. It's nice and cheap too, a bottle is around $8 and it's huge. I only use about two peas worth of cleanser on my whole face and that's enough.

When I get a few small bumps from stress or hormonal changes, I use MB Glycolic Foaming Cleanser once or twice. Be warned, though, this stuff feels really gentle, not drying or anything, but it's POWERFUL. I had several bumps on my chin during finals week stress and I had this as a sample so I used it 3 times within 48 hours. It felt fine and cleared up the break-out, but a few days later my cheeks and around my mouth were insanely dry and rough. It took a few days to get back to normal and I learned my lesson. Now I don't use this cleanser more than once every day and a half.

If I'm ever washing off a scrub or treatment and want something that is not irritating and doesn't have an exfoliating agent (unlike the two MB cleansers) I just use Johnson & Johnson baby wash. Very gentle and basic, and dirt cheap :smile: I also use it to clean makeup brushes!

Baby wash, really?? That sounds lovely...I love the scent and packaging of baby products..

I'm presently using Nuxe 3 Roses foam which works scarily well, gentle and non-drying but it smells like petrol...
A long time ago I used to love the Dior Gel d'Eau Nettoyant Magique, coming to think of it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->