Favourite Cleanser / Cleanser Recommendations

my fav cleanser now is Caudalie micellar water (there are also good micellar water by Darphin and La Roche Posay). Also i love cleansing emulsion by Payot(pink line for sensitive skin).So soft and so tender!

does anyone else use Shiseido's Ultimate Sun Protection SPF 55 sunscreen, and if so what are you using to get it off your face at the end of the day? somehow my oil cleansers (including Shu and Kose) aren't doing it.

My mom uses this product religiously. I don't know what it is about Korean women and their protection of skin... but she goes through these like it's nothin'!

She pairs it with Shiseido's White Lucent Brightening cleansing foam. I believe it comes off fine just with this facial cleanser. I personally use their Pureness cleanser. :sideways:

^ I had to stop using that sunscreen and any like it. Turns out that it isn't a matter of using the right cleanser, my skin just can't tolerate silicone.

^ I bought the origins oil cleanser about a month ago and love it! I was using the green shu oil but was concerned that it contained mineral oil so I picked up a bottle of the origins.(origins is also way cheaper) It takes all my makeup and sunscreen off really well, emulsifies really nicely and rinses clean. It smells nice, it's a citrus with a hint of a natural herb-ish scent.

My favourite cleansers are Decleor Cleansing Gel and Decleor Foaming Cleanser! The cleansing gel totally changed my skin when i started using it a year ago. Now i don´t have acne anymore so i switched to the foaming cleanser a month ago and my face is still clear :D I also like the md formulations cleansing gel but it´s a little too hars for my skin so i can´t use it every day. I use it at night twice a week.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I bought the origins oil cleanser about a month ago and love it! I was using the green shu oil but was concerned that it contained mineral oil so I picked up a bottle of the origins.(origins is also way cheaper) It takes all my makeup and sunscreen off really well, emulsifies really nicely and rinses clean. It smells nice, it's a citrus with a hint of a natural herb-ish scent.
Yeah I use it as well and really like it. Though I don't really have much to compare it with since this is my first cleansing oil. I bought it about a month ago as well. I mostly use it before going to bed. It removes all of my makeup, though I don't really wear much. And it doesn't irritate my skin or make me oily which are my main concerns when it comes to skincare products.

Has anyone used the Wexler cleansers (either the acnescription or the dual foaming) from bath and body works?

The cleanser I'm using right now is just terrible. Really dries out my skin. I am way overdue to change up my skincare regimen.

I've heard great reviews about Pat Wexler's skincare line but am just curious if any of my fellow tFSers use it and would recommend it?

well, i bought the origins cleansing oil and my skin is looking better 4 days in :smile:

does anybody know of a good cleanser you can use without water? the water here is ruining my skin:cry:

^ I've been eyeing up L'Occitane's Ultra Calming Cleansing Milk cause it says "it protects skin from irritations caused by hard water" and it has quite good reviews on MUA.

I'm a fan of oil cleansers though, I've only used Dermalogica Precleanse, but it does the job of cleaning off all my makeup better than any other type of cleanser I have tried, without making my face all tight.

I use Purifying Foaming Cleanser by Jurlique. It works well for me and the water here is really hard and I use two small squirts in the shower and that covers my face and neck.

So I didn't end up purchasing the Wexler cleanser line because its not sold here in Canada (however it can be shipped from the website... odd).

But its a good thing because I ended up going with Dermalogica. Which is a line I've been looking into for quite awhile but wasn't sure I wanted to spend that amount of money. Definitely worth it though! I can already see a difference in my skin.

I used to wash my face with Zirh but I wasn't happy with it, it was heavy for my skin.

I also tried the REN Mayblossom & Blue Cypress one but it was extra gentle and couldn't really clean my face, I had to use a lot, but otherwise it's a very good product, very light.

I bought the Weleda Almond facial cleanser which was very good, light and cleaned my face well.

I finally bought the Kyoku cleanser and I'm very very happy with it. It's not as light as the previous two, but it's so good for my skin.

the one i use the most is Avene Cold Creme Gel Cleanser. it's amazingly hydrating and creamy without leaving behind residue and the jar is like 14 oz so i also use it as body wash. on the occasion's i wear heavier make-up i use YSL Pureness Cleansing Satiny Oil. it's the best cleansing oil i've tried and i've tried em all.

Sabon Face Polisher

I'm very much in love with the Sabon Face Polisher. I recently visited the Sabon store on Spring Street in NY & fell in love! My girlfriends and I splurged on fantastic products & this is one of my favorites!

It's a polisher I use about twice a week. I love that it has the mint ingredient, feels so invigorating. I've also noticed that my skin has been a lot more hydrated and smoother because of it.

Another thing I always use at least once a week is a mud mask - keeps your skin ridiculously smooth afterwards and got rid of a lot of oil.

But, as far as a daily routine, I keep it simple with the Clean & Clear exfoliating scrub with menthol. Keeps unnecessary breakouts at bay & leaves me feeling fresh :smile:

I'd like some sort of cleanser to use in the morning. I have rather oily skin and some redness, so I'd like something that deals with oil and helps keep oil from developing during the day, helps with redness, and doesn't clog pores. Any ideas?

I'd like some sort of cleanser to use in the morning. I have rather oily skin and some redness, so I'd like something that deals with oil and helps keep oil from developing during the day, helps with redness, and doesn't clog pores. Any ideas?

how about neutrogena oil free acne wash?

or the neutrogena grapegruit version of the oil free acne wash...

those are both bestsellers...

^I don't think that will work for me. 2% salicylic acid is too strong. That is the same concentration that was in my two previous astringents, and those were very drying and reddening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->