Fendi S/S 2018 : Vittoria Ceretti & Taylior Hill by Karl Lagerfeld

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score

PHOTO TAKEN BY VOGUE28
FROM UK HARPER'S BAZAAR FEBRUARY 2018

Ugh, seriously? The image is nice, but I'm so over her. Hopefully it's not OG.
I'd love to see Kaia/Birgit/Cara/Hoyeon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same boring set of last season, but last season they had a very solid collection with two boring models for the campaign, now I like the model choice (even if it is so safe) but not the collection. Also, the hair look too messy and don't suit the styling for me. The most tragic thing is Karl's photography though, so uninspired.

Oh god i miss the time when Karl used to shot his campaigns outdoor.
The worst thing about those weird sets is that they don't add anything interesting to the campaign.

The FW2012 set was worthy of Fendi.

At least this season, i can't complain on the casting. For that alone, i'm happy.

I actually think it's really pretty. Very simple, and limited by that, but she looks gorgeous and she's selling the clothes to me. Vittoria is still doing amazing season after season - Loewe, Alberta Ferretti, Versace and Fendi so far! I wonder if its OG? I would love to see Birgit Kos too, but I find it somewhat unlikely. If there is another girl I have a feeling it will be Kaia..

Hopefully it will get better but Vittoria does not sell Fendi IMO.

At this stage it looks like they just change the model, setting and clothing always looks the same to me. I liked last season because not only did Kendall and Gigi look glam, but the props worked.

I think Vittoria looks great, can't wait to see more images.

Fendi is such a boring brand and everything about this campaign reflects that, especially Vittoria.

It reminds me of some classic Dior image... I prefer this over last season´s.

I think Kendall is in this campaign as well

Ugh why...She's one of the worst Karl muses of all time.

It would be so nice if Binx, Joan, Jamie B, Freja, Saskia, Kati N, Lindsey would get it instead of that definitive defintion of mediocrity.

Kendall's Fendi campaigns are 100X better than what Vittoria is serving in that pic... but I am pretty sure she is not part of this year Fendi campaign.

Kendall's Fendi campaigns are 100X better than what Vittoria is serving in that pic... but I am pretty sure she is not part of this year Fendi campaign.

How? I've looked at those campaigns and she just stands there looking bland as usual. Vitto isn't trying much in this shot either but at least she's got a beautiful face^_^

So does Kendall, so what's your point?

Fendi campaigns are boring. It is what it is.
I'm not happy w/ Vitto being part of this again, and adding Kendall wouldn't help either. But I wouldn't be mad if it's true. She's a boring model, so she fits boring campaigns.
Plus, we've only seen one shot so far. I think it's too soon to judge.

Btw, I wouldn't mind Karl being a little too obsessed w/ Luna and/or Grace and using one of them for this campaign as well. They would have elevated this, just like they did with Chanel.

Last edited by a moderator:
So does Kendall, so what's your point?

Vittoria's beauty at least evokes elegance; Kendall is pretty but her look doesn't take me anywhere
So yes, Kendall might actually be a better fit for Fendi:wink:

That is absolutely incorrect. Kendall is extremely lackluster in front of the camera. She can't pose and she sure as hell can't show emotion. She looks the same in every single picture. The only time she show's any form of emotion is when she put's on that fake smile for Vogue and Love. Vittoria draws you in with her eyes. She has so much power in front of the camera. Kendall could learn a thing or two from her. I would rather see Binx or Kaia. At least they can do something besides mimicking a mannequin.

That is absolutely incorrect. Kendall is extremely lackluster in front of the camera. She can't pose and she sure as hell can't show emotion. She looks the same in every single picture. The only time she show's any form of emotion is when she put's on that fake smile for Vogue and Love. Vittoria draws you in with her eyes. She has so much power in front of the camera. Kendall could learn a thing or two from her. I would rather see Binx or Kaia. At least they can do something besides mimicking a mannequin.
I absolutely disagree with everything you wrote. IMO there is not much difference between Vittoria and Kendall and maybe 90% of models today in print. I do think Vittoria work with Meisel is the only exception between the two but people will always judge Kendall harshly because of her last name. "Vittoria draws you in with her eyes. She has so much power in front of the camera." :lol: ... but modeling is subjective. She does not do the same for me but she has a very pretty face and when done right she can take pretty pictures, just like Kendall and most models today.

For me Vittoria just does not pull off Fendi at all. The clothes look awkward on her and just like the spring 2017 she's just standing there like one of the props (maybe there will be improvement). I think Kendall and Gigi did well last season and Kendall Fall 2016 Fendi campaign was pretty good. Not that Kendall is an exceptional model by any means but she pulls of the Fendi vibe/aesthetic quite well and that translate in the campaign. Also, the makeup and styling were better last season. Of course, this is based on one pic... I may change my mind once the complete campaign has been release.

I am pretty sure Kendall did not shoot Fendi this spring. I hope its an only girl campaign for Vitto.

Fendi campaigns just simply suck lately. That's pretty much it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->