Finally Got Galliano

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Jan 28th, 2004 - 11:23 pm
You guys would wear this in public? :blink:
I'm looking for those outfits for a friend of mine who wants them ;D

And yeah, she definitely would... along with those Dior dominatrix heels! :wub:

as open minded as i am, if anyone else than ISABELLA BLOW wears those outfits iwould burst out in laughter :lol: (with all my respect :ninja: )

Originally posted by leyla m.@Jan 29th, 2004 - 8:05 am
as open minded as i am, if anyone else than ISABELLA BLOW wears those outfits iwould burst out in laughter :lol: (with all my respect :ninja: )
Maybe Galliano had her in mind when he designed this collection.

I can definitely see how it's not for everyone, but if it's your style (and you have $5768866470.50 to blow) then go for it!

...Sometimes I cannot beleive that this stuff is ready to wear! Some...err, most of of the stuff is so outrageous and huge!

:wub:

chanel_girl.......they dont sell these clothes at ANY selfridges im afraid

they only do bags really

you'd be better off at the actual boutique and harrods

and Brian........you seen to have a friend who wants EVERYTHING :lol:

Originally posted by brian+Jan 29th, 2004 - 3:08 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brian @ Jan 29th, 2004 - 3:08 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-leyla m.@Jan 29th, 2004 - 8:05 am
as open minded as i am, if anyone else than ISABELLA BLOW wears those outfits iwould burst out in laughter :lol:  (with all my respect :ninja: )
Maybe Galliano had her in mind when he designed this collection.

I can definitely see how it's not for everyone, but if it's your style (and you have $5768866470.50 to blow) then go for it!

...Sometimes I cannot beleive that this stuff is ready to wear! Some...err, most of of the stuff is so outrageous and huge!

:wub: [/b][/quote]
if its anyones style and they have worn this out in public.... they'd be in VOGUE by now :wink:

I'm sorry to inform everyone that Selfridges Birmingham does not sell womens Galliano, however London does from what I have been told. I will find out for sure on Saturday.

Originally posted by Acid@Jan 29th, 2004 - 8:09 am

and Brian........you seen to have a friend who wants EVERYTHING :lol:
Yes she does!!!

If only she had a computer so she could get her own TFS account :lol:

WOW!! sorry but every pic in this thread is hideous IMO.........the newsprint pants look almost as ugly as the dresses with all that "fluff" hanging out.......i think if u tried to walk down the street in that thing youd be knocking down peolpe left and right.....

Like i said, just my .02$ but i felt i couldnt let this thread go by without commenting

-dl

oh my god!!!!!!!!

galliano doesn´t expect women to dress like that, he is not that mad, his catwalk presentations are an ultra exageration of real life and it has to do with a vision and the driving inspiration for the season to come, but don´t expect to see those doll dresses hanging on the boutiques because they aren´t reproduced for consumers, instead you get beautifull "real" clothing with stricking design in his boutiques with the same paterns of the prints for the catwalk line for example, i went to paris when the victorian doll collection was supposed to be sold and the dresses where just in the window, inside there where the most beautifully crafted silk dresses i have ever seen, the most beautifull black satin and crystal sandals and the chicest trench coat!!!, all so desireable!!!!!, and the man clothing was as great too!!!

i went to the boutique when the s/s 04 collection was in, and (as always) what was available there is hardly what you see on the catwalk... completely wearable and desirable... what galliano put on the runway are just ideas to be explored, however it was possible to custom-order some of those outrageous runway pieces but the prices were outrageous as well :lol: and deservedly so.

Last edited by a moderator:
It just doesn't seem ethical to show runway items that are not for real. Isn't false advertising against the law (maybe it isn't in france but it is in america)? Galliano should be a role model for the youth of today. He should not put out lies on the runway. It makes my heart break to know I can never have the ones I fall in love with on the runway.

^I completely disagree. I don't find it the least bit unethical. A designer can show whatever he/she wants on the runway. To me, the show is all about the designer's artistic vision, not selling. And, as stated before, special orders can be placed.

haruki said:
It just doesn't seem ethical to show runway items that are not for real. Isn't false advertising against the law (maybe it isn't in france but it is in america)? Galliano should be a role model for the youth of today. He should not put out lies on the runway. It makes my heart break to know I can never have the ones I fall in love with on the runway.

:blink:

i got one of his t shirts from hn in manchester ( £ 195 ) but i think it was worth it because u dont c every tom,dick and harry wearing them !! true?? plus it is a collectors item!

Wow. That outfit in the picture posted is heinous. :lol: On the other hand, if somebody really wants to be noticed and different from the crowd... then heck, that is your outfit, and Galliano is your man!

I wonder how this collection is selling....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"