Fish Skin Bikinis And Other Clothes

mrrene

Reaction score
fp-fisch-bikini-03,property=thumbnail.jpg

fp-fisch-bikini-07,property=thumbnail.jpg

fp-fisch-bikini-09,property=thumbnail.jpg

fp-fisch-bikini-10,property=thumbnail.jpg

All these clothes by SKINI of London are made from fish skin. It's not cheap, but very interesing; I wonder how long such a piece of clothing lasts; I bet it must be layered and compressed fish skin.

Christian Dior supposedly voiced some interest in this material.

Interesting concept, i wonder how they do this , very cool.

the skin of what kind of fish? sounds horrible to me. :yuk:

Yes gross. :sick:

Leather has a distinct smell. So does silk. I can smell someone wearing a silk shirt a mile away. So fish skin must smell like fish and that does not sound good :blink:

I have a horrible horrible distaste of fishskin. it just really really bothers me. it is interesting but it's hard to tell (for me at least) from the pictures that it is fishskin.

interesting, but pretty gross too. i wonder if it gets stinky when it gets wet? i am curious to see it in person though.

its a kind of real leather fish skin that can vary from tiny 'foils' to aligator size scales, quite snakeskin effect.
note that its always very smooth and silky feeling.

a friend designer has been using this for some years (it comes in amazing colours) and Norwegian designers have been using this for bags, purse and cluches.
the material looks expensive, but its not really.
its been produced in North Seas, in europe by cultivated
fish, needless to say it has a very fine finish and does not smell at all, how could it with all the chemical treatment it gets. :wink:

i dont like the examples given here, i swear i've seen some mean 'motorcycle' inspired short fishskin jackets and some great great bags. Not something i could wear myself, but i wouldn't mind a bag :blush:

:ninja:

thanks for the topic mr rene :flower:

thx for teh info Lena, sounds cool

May be i will have to design some bags in fish skin.

:shock: Like those shoes I liked that were made from fish scales

Originally posted by Belowen@Jul 25th, 2003 - 4:51 am
:shock: Like those shoes I liked that were made from fish scales
exactly belowen, but those shoes were the on the 'large' scales size :wink:

dont mind fishscale shoes but to wear it close to your skin as in a bikini??
no too sure :yuk:

I trust you Lena that it doesn't smell but to me it just looks like it smells :lol: :

That is gross I think. I have this weird aversion to fish skin and scales. Like if I see a fish with the skin and scales on and everything, I just can't make myself eat it. So I couldn't imagine wearing it.

:o Weird... Like Leyla said,maybe for accesoiries ,but bikinis ?

Can't see the pics either :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xvtvi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->