Ford Supermodel of the World 2007

model_mom

Reaction score
A race to be 'The Face'
46 vie to be the next Ford supermodel
BY ADAM NICHOLS
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
118-models_karuthiru.JPG
[SIZE=-1]Issabel Karuthiru of Kenya flashes smile before the competition to become the next Ford supermodel. [/SIZE]
299-models_stevenson.JPG
[SIZE=-1]Jacinta Stevenson, 18, of Sydney, is in supermodel heaven as she tries on shoes and other designer gear at Hudson Hotel in Columbus Circle. [/SIZE]
944-models_panemanglor.JPG
[SIZE=-1]Michelle Panemanglor, a hopeful from the Phillipines. [/SIZE]A gaggle of international beauties catwalked into town yesterday from every corner of the globe, preening to become the next Ford Models' Supermodel of the World.
Super thin and super pretty, many had barely modeled before. Most were on their first trip to the fashion world's capital. And all hoped to stay as the face of the future.
"I am in fashion city," said Lea Plut, a 20-year-old business student, who was making her first stateside visit from Slovenia. "I really want to be here. I walk down the street and there is so much energy, so much excitement. I want to live here."
Plut and the other 45 contestants staying in Columbus Circle's Hudson Hotel all were handpicked from contestants in their home country to vie for a $250,000 contract with the Ford modeling agency.
For the next four days, they will be interviewed, preened, measured and fitted. They will get walking lessons and go on shopping trips.
On Wednesday, they'll show what they've learned in a Tribeca runway show, hoping to impress judges who will choose the next big name in fashion.
For Australia's Jacinta Stevenson, 18, her nearly 10,000-mile trip to a room packed with designer gear was well worth it.
"Are you sure you don't want me to try them all on?" she gushed, gasping as she tore off her pink boots and replaced them with a pair of white Christian Louboutin stilettos.
First impressions of New York had left her far from speechless.
"I'm from Sydney, by the beach where we have waves and everything," she said. "I love how New York's so different from home. I love the doormen you have, they're so cute.
"Even the chewing gum. I saw Juicy Fruit in a purple package at the airport. I was standing for ages staring at it."
Stevenson should feel at home - Ford teamed with G'Day USA Australia Week to put all-Aussie designers on their runway.
The Philippines' Michelle Panemanglor, 20, hoped to follow in the elegant footsteps of Charo Ronquillo, a Filipino who finished as 2005's runnerup.
"At home, everyone was very excited by her success," Panemanglor said as her height was measured. "I have never done any modeling, but I've always wanted to."
The U.S.A.'s hope Wednesday is Anya Cekauskas, a 16-year-old from Birmingham, Mich. "It is so exciting to be around all these people," she said. "I am listening to languages I have never even heard of."

The winner of Holland's Next Top Model Sanne Nijhof (she has a thread here) is competing... of course I am rooting for her :smile:

^i knew she looked familiar! apparently she won! someone commented on Ford's YouTube site and said she won

She won indeed! :shock:

NEW YORK - JANUARY 17: Winner of the Ford Supermodel of the World 2006/2007 contest Sanne Nijhof of the Netherlands arrives at Skylight Studios on January 17, 2007 in New York City. Nijhof won a $250,000 contract with Ford Models. (Brad Barket/Getty Images for Ford Models)

[Getty]

OMG I am so excited :buzz: I cannot believe she won!! YAY :heart: :buzz:

i liked some of the other girls better than her. But when I saw her, I knew she would win.

It wuold be nice to see pictures other than the ons on MDC. You have no idea who is who :huh:

^i used three of the videos on ford's youtube site to identify the girls. the videos are called "test shoot outtakes" or something like that

^I'm not sure what order, but Kate from Canada, Victoryia from Belarus, Vanessa from Brazil, and Marie Louise from Denmark

Whatever happened to last years winner? The winner this year looks a little older than the norm (13/14). :innocent:

Thanks! I remember seeing Kate on yotube, I'll go look for the others.

^^last years winner, Katsia has been in Elle magazine and in some other editorials, I believe.
^ The YouTube videos tended to focus on a small group of girls, so I don't think you will find many videos of the other 3

Last edited by a moderator:
There are three videos on youtube that shows all the girls in their testshoots. The vids are called Testshoots and show them as stills. By the way, Sanne is 19 :flower:

The winner, Sanne Nijhof from Netherlands
1tu4.jpg

First runner-up Viktoryia Makhota from Belarus (my personal fav!)
2eo0.jpg

Second runner-up Marie-Louise Korsager from Denmark
3zu4.jpg

models.com

julesrules815 said:
First runner-up Viktoryia Makhota from Belarus (my personal fav!)

models.com
Bwahaha, I just started a thread on her. I couldn't resist, she's too darn kyoot. :blush:

The 2007 Winners.

2h7qhqe.jpg

MDC

Many cute girls, but for now most are just cute and pretty. I think Viktoriya can do well if she grows out of princessy look. And I liked sweet British Holly with braces and bad posture. :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->