Ford Supermodel of the World 2009

I don't know why I am so excited to see the girls when it's been a while since this contest's winners actually took the modelling world by storm. The last breakout star is Chanel and she didn't even make top three, LOL!!

I don't know why I am so excited to see the girls when it's been a while since this contest's winners actually took the modelling world by storm. The last breakout star is Chanel and she didn't even make top three, LOL!!

5th Place:Russia - Julia Pyankova, 18, 177cm
137292930cg6.jpg

fashinfags

This girl is fierce. Reminds me a bit of Kasia (face wise).

Yeah I keep waiting for models.com to make some type of announcement.. or coacd.. or any other model website.. but Nada.. what is up with Ford????

Does anybody know if the Dominican Republic had a candidate??

Perhaps Ford's marketing strategy is to keep the video and photos of the finals under wraps for about a month to whet the appetite of the fashion world?

but in a month we'll be in Milan or so..

Usually they would unveil the winner a couple of weeks b/f fashion week to generate the buzz... fashion week in Ny starts on 12th. Its perfect time now. Showcards are starting to roll out. Girls are flying to NY next week or so.

The winner is pretty, but my favs were Russian and Polish girls, absolutely !

Perhaps Ford's not too excited about their winners? Except for the girl from Canada, the top 5 winners the year the girl from The Netherlands (Sanne?) virtually disappeared. I guess the operative word here is Incubation?

The New Supermodel Of The World
6a00d8341c4f4c53ef010536f4cf38970b-800wi

Tayane Leão, winner of Ford Supermodel of the World, shares the Brazilian love.
madeinbrazil

Perhaps Ford's not too excited about their winners? Except for the girl from Canada, the top 5 winners the year the girl from The Netherlands (Sanne?) virtually disappeared. I guess the operative word here is Incubation?

yeah I was thinking that but ... how can they not like the winners when they JUST picked them. If that was the case they didn't like any of the girls, then they should have just picked Magdalena Fiolka as the winner and called it a day

I don't think so.If they weren't excited about the winners they wouldn't organise for the firs time semi-finals and finals in which all 12 girl will sign contracts with Ford.And that doesn't sound logical at all,becouse they hired 7 extra girls.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK well the showcard for FORD is out and none of the top 5 girls have showcards :blink:

But Clara Buchanan has one, as does Carolina Thaler (Finalist in Brazil). I am really not getting the point of the competition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppermilk
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->