Ford Supermodel of the World 2011

lanvinray

Reaction score
It's about time for our annual FSMOTW thread :D
Now that Paul Rowland is with Ford, this competition will definitely be more interesting :wink::P

Ford Models Supermodel of the World is the largest and most prestigious international modeling competition. Established by Eileen Ford in 1980, Supermodel of the World held its first event at the Sporting Club in Monaco. Since its conception, the annual competition has expanded throughout the globe, with licensed competitions taking place in countries such as Argentina, the Bahamas, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Kenya, Lithuania, Panama, Serbia, Spain, Switzerland, the United States, and many more. Currently the competition boasts more than 60,000 contestants from over 40 countries worldwide. A recent partnership introduced MySpace into the competition as an online scouting resource. As a result, more than 100,000 entrants were submitted in the span of one week. This legendary scouting program has discovered some of the greatest talent in the industry, including Renee Simonsen (1982 winner), Nataliya Gotsii (2003 winner), Chanel Iman (2005), Jacquelyn Jablonski (2007), Alexina Graham (2007), Hyoni (2007 winner), and many more.

supermodeloftheworld.com

Last edited by a moderator:
3 of the 12 Latvian Finalists:

Anna Balode

Lauma Lueta Zeberiņa

Signe Korfa

All images photographed by Natalie Berezina

natalieberezina.com/blog

I believe these are the Austrian finalists (Supermodel- The Next Generation:(

wienermodels.blogspot.com

Philippines- Danica Magpantay

69454093.jpg

twitter.com/nanteywest

If Selita Eubanks were Asian, she'd look like the Philippines girl.

^ I wonder if she will compete in the finals...last year's winner didn't go to Brazil

^ I wonder if she will compete in the finals...last year's winner didn't go to Brazil
And the winner in the year before neither... I have the impression that somehow Wienermodels seems to "claim" this contest for themselves. Because eventhough they do it every year, (even with male-models aswell) their finalists never end up in the actual finale. And non of these finalists ever gets placed with Ford.
Moreover, their contest is actually called "Supermodel The Next Generation". Seems like they only do this to discover newfaces for their own agency, but not exactly for sending them out into the real "Ford Supermodel of the World".

yes the Latvian finalists do look good!!!!

Danica Magpantay from the Philippines, she is the daughter of 1990 Winner of Ford Supermodel of the World, Lala Flores. History repeats itself!

Photography: BJ Pascual
Styling: Patrick Galang

2.jpg
3.jpg

5.jpg
4.jpg

1.jpg

^ I don't think her mother won the contest, but simply got a special award or something for her smile. Because Anneliese Seubert won that year.

And the winner in the year before neither... I have the impression that somehow Wienermodels seems to "claim" this contest for themselves. Because eventhough they do it every year, (even with male-models aswell) their finalists never end up in the actual finale. And non of these finalists ever gets placed with Ford.
Moreover, their contest is actually called "Supermodel The Next Generation". Seems like they only do this to discover newfaces for their own agency, but not exactly for sending them out into the real "Ford Supermodel of the World".

The contest is currently a HUGE mess, with many national final cancelled or on hold due to argument about who owns the official rights.
Not sure that the new Ford management is interested by the contest as Ford was before.

OMG! It feels like every year the contest go into hiding. One year it's all over the internet, the next year it's very secretive. Any I'm very excited she won! runner up last year, winner this year. Philippines ♥

Must've been a very lean year because though the winner looks great.....egaad, the two runners up don't look like models at all. The Polish girl looks like she's 11! What is happening to this contest?!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->