Fruits

Gboy said:
hi everyone :heart:
These last sunny days I m getting so opsessed by fruits ,water ,and other basically healthy foods.Many times i find myself eating fruits ,but i m not well balanced in this ,sometimes i eat 3 or 4 kinds of fruits for a moment and sometimes i forget to eat them again for days or weeks,so I am verry unbalancedin eating :wacko: .do anyone here fells like me ,who like the fruits only because of the well-knowing fact that thay are HEALTHY and not because of how thay taste like?
..and could anybody tell me plssss..... eating how many fruits is enough for one day? :wink: sory for my bad english. thank you all :flower:

I see your point and feel somewhat the same way. I eat fruit because it is good for me, but if you gave me the choice between an apple and a candybar and told me that they were both good for me....I would choose the candybar. I choose to eat fruit because it is healthy....it is not my favorite, but I like it.
:flower:

I love fruits! I am addicted to oranges *yum* and my dad has this thing about making me eat bananas...he buys so much I have to eat like three a day so they wouldn't go bad...

tiffany said:
I think I've lived off apples, strawberries, watermelon and peaches for the past few months, not intentionally, but I can't help it, I just love them :flower:

Those are nice foods to live off of. :D

its five portions a day but a glass of orange juice etc. counts

i have a difficult time w/ fruits b/c i was spoiled growing up: picking perfectly ripe fruits like guavas, bananas, mangoes, coconuts, oranges, pomme-cytheres, plums etc. right of the tree and eating them.

If fruit's not picked right off the tree, doesn't taste the same... worse yet if you live in cold climes and fruit's shipped in green to ripen in the store. So unless they're summer tree-ripened fruit, i hardly eat them and have to force myself to.

i did go through a kick where i'd buy flash frozen wild blueberries, pop some in a little bowl, sprinkle w/ a bit of sugar, let them defrost naturally (30mins or so) and eat them w/ a spoon... not bad tasting and very healthy (except for the extra sugar). Blueberries pack a whole lot of antioxidants and flavonoids.

using a juicer is a good idea, that way you can choose what fruit you want in there and you'll know how many servings you've got and how much sugar you do/don't have. a mix of apple, pear, pinapple, banana might be nice... strawberry/banana and apple for more juice may be good too. my fave juice combo is: 2 sweet apples, 2 pears, 1 beet, 1-2 large carrots.

all that being said, i still have to force myself to eat fruits, if i ever do.
i walk around feeling guilty about it a lot - knowing it's so healthy to eat the stuff.

i thoroughly dislike most apples, pears and those horrid bananas that are sold here ..... in Canada, i like fuji persimmons, fuji apples, asian pears, wild blueberries, wild raspberries, totally summer sweet strawberries, concord grapes just before Fall, and tree-ripened peaches & nectarines.

Last edited by a moderator:
i love fruit too, i get into total fruit kicks where its all i want to eat. Beware however of fruit juices- all the calories of fruit- none of the fiber or other nutrients. I would recommend you guys try prunes (the cherry enhanced ones are my fav's) because they are SOOOOO good for you. mm... fruit.

I eat as much fruit and veggies as I like.I don't believe I could really get fat by eating cucumber,tomato,melon,apples or pears, or anything like that.and it's far better option than bread or cerials or something...and if the fruits have some calories, there's also so many good vitamins etc., so that's not bad.the only one I don't eat all the time is banana, because it contains like 100 cal, doesn't it?

They say the fruit that packs the most punch is blueberries. Close behind are watermelon and raspberries.

I can't imagine only eating fruit because it is good for you...so many taste good too.

Every day that I work I almost always eat vegetables and fruit only, I probably get my whole days worth at work. :lol: Once home I stick to something high in protein w/ low carb things and some vegetables.

I am trying to incorporate this into my days off when it seems my eating routine is less restrictive only because of the lack of rigid planned times to eat, like I have at work.

Just remember eating fruits and vegetables is not enough, take a multi-vitamin too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love fruit!! My favorites are bananas, strawberries, frozen raspberries, and especially grapefruit! I also like watermelon, but only when it is nice and crisp. Mushy watermelon is gross. :yuk:

i LOOOOVE fruit, my favorite has to be fuji apples, i eat one every day ^_^
i also really like grapes, bananas, mangos, honeydew, and strawberries. i could so live off of fruit :heart:

jadedomega said:
I love fruits! I am addicted to oranges *yum* and my dad has this thing about making me eat bananas...he buys so much I have to eat like three a day so they wouldn't go bad...

That's amazing - my father is the EXACT SAME WAY: "we're pressing bananas this week, so eat up!"

I have my days with fruits.... a few weeks ago i had a massive craving for grapes,i eat a bag in 1 day.Then i had a craving for apples and was eating about 3 a day,but for the past 3 weeks i havnt touched 1 fruit :( weird.

i am obsessed with fruit at the moment, probably because it's warm and summery here right now. at the moment, i eat loads of pineapple, grapes, strawberries, and nectarines.

I just had a lot of watermelon today. :smile: To me, the signal of summer approaching is plenty of watermelon :heart:

In the Summer, fruit, veggies and water is all I eat. Oh, and shrimps for some protein.

I eat looooads of grapes, apples, peaches and kiwis each day. :heart:

Watermelon.I could eat it as breakfast,lunch,dinner and snacks!!!

I love fruits! I couldn´t live without b/c they are not only healthy but delicious. I eat fruits instead of candy. My favourite is Granny Smith apples.

It´s recommended to eat 500 grams or more fruits and veggies per day. Healthier is to eat more veggies. It´s good to try different kind of fruits and vegetables, not only cucumber or apples.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haleyabhdisjsbw209
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->