Getting Into The Accessory Business?

shapeofthings

Reaction score
I`m just getting started with accessory line in Montreal. I`m selling at a couple places in Montreal (where I`m located) and a few places in other cities. I`d really like to expand.

The jewellery is inexpensive and most of the pieces are unique. The majority of the collection is made of plastic; hand drawn, cut and linked. I also use materials like wood, stainless steel and glass.

I`d prefer to target smaller boutiques and possibly some on-line stores, but I`m not sure how to find them, or what to approach them with. I`m a terrible salesman, and my business relations so far have relied on personal connections.

Should I just be sending willing friends with samples from store to store? Should I find a rep? How? When I find a store, how do I approach them? What kind of terms do I offer?..........

Any help would be fantastic.

(I`m in the process of having a website built, but in the meantime, I`ve put up a few pages myself. The design is awful, and the pictures are even worse, but it`ll give you some idea of what I`m trying to sell. www.complexgeometries.com)

Well, you could first off get your website up, and then make a nice business card with your website and then you might want to looking into going to trade shows, that's where most stores buy their goods from. But you have to have alot of capital and goods. If you don't you can just go from store to store and show them your jewelry. And then they placed their orders if they like it. About sales rep, again if you have the money for it, do it. When you approach a store make sure you present yourself well, be confident and tell them all the facts about your jewelry. That it's handmade, blah blah blah. MOST important BE CONFIDENT!

If you are looking into wholesaling these jewelry pieces then I can suggest you also take a look at this place: http://www.oscommerce.com/ All you have to do is set up some things(they could help you with it) but the website is like a template and they can even order online from you. All you have to do is post pictures up. But I don't know at what type of volume you are able to produce. So if you can't make several of each piece than I suggest you should maybe stick with your own website.

I went to your website the jewelry has a lot of potential. But I suggest if you want to portray yourself as professional you should stick to something simple on your website and the pictures. I hope my advice helped, if it didn't I am sorry. Take care and goodluck with your business.

-Chieu Lee

Thanks Prncess. I agree the webite is terrible right now. It was an afternoon project, just to get something up. The wholesale link is a great lead though. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->