Getting the Word Out! Press Releases, Press Kits, Swag for Celebrities!

fezbatik

Reaction score
Moderators' Note:

Part of this thread is about how designer's get samples of their line to celebrities. I have merged some old, but helpful information posted elsewhere into this thread as a reference. Be aware that some of this information might not be current.

I know a lot of celebs are represented by publicists at Dan Klores Communications - but representation can chang so fast, you never really know who's on the roster...

Last edited by a moderator:
im in the PR biz, so here are some of my adresses **these are FAN adresses only, not their residence**
Paris Hilton:
c/o PMK/HBH
Jack Ketsoyan
700 N. San Vicente Blvd.
Suite G910
West Hollywood, CA 90069

Hilary Duff
c/o Curtis Talent management
9607 Arby Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Lindsey Lohan:
LLRocks, Inc.
PMB 179
223 Wall Street
Huntington, NY 11743-2060

Brittney Spears:
c/o Carson-Adler Agency
250 W 57th Street, Ste 808
New York, NY 10107

let me know if you need any more!

CD

Celebrity Press Reps

Does anyone know how to find a celebrity's press rep? I am looking for a celeb to make an appearance at my boutique to really promote it..If anyone has any other promotional ideas I can always use them!!Thanks

If you have a specific celeb in mind and they have a web site ... sometimes there is a section on there called "press" and they name their PR firm ... that's who you'd want to start with.

about celebrity reps

Hi belladawn,
I think what you're looking for is an agency that handles celebrities.
Creative Artist Agency is one of them. Check www.caa.com
Also there are other PR firms and agencies that represent celebrities. You'll have to check around.

Here are some links that might help or they might just make things complicated. Best thing is to contact one of them by phone. I mean the agency that represents celebs.

This link is a list of resources.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/hyperlink/industry_resources.jsp

Also here I'll try and make it a little easier for you.

Celebrity/Movie - Information & Updates [this is from E! Online]

How do I contact my favorite E! Celebrity?
Simply check out: http://www.eonline.com/On/People/

How do I contact or get information on a celebrity?
Try doing a search for the celebrity on E! Online or use a search engine (AOL, Yahoo, etc.) to locate their fansite. You can also try: The National Association of Fan Clubs PO Box 7487 Burbank, CA 91510-2750

Good luck & let me know how it goes.

malkaus

Thanks soooo much that is all very helpful info..I let you know how it works out...:rolleyes:

Getting the Word Out! Press Releases, Press Kits, Celebrities!

Designers are writing all the time to ask about how to get their pieces featured in a magazine. It's a hard nut to crack. Usually you need to hire a PR firm or someone with good PR skills to market your name. Otherwise you can approach editors of smaller magazines and show them your line, tell them where it's available and ask them if they'd like to use it.

I'd love to see some sort of forum created here at tFS for designers and stylists to share collections. A sort of market where young designers can publish pics of their work along with the availablility of the line for photo shoots. That way the stylists here could do market work that most could never dream of before (a stylist in Sweden sourcing from a new label in Singapore which wants to expand to Europe, etc.).

Good luck and thanks!
Stylebites :heart:

Hum ... great idea to develop a Networking forum at tFS.

And you were right on the spot about having a PR firm work the press for a new designer to get exposure ... though .. if you really want to market yourself ... I'd think that having stars wearing your stuff is enough (ie Thomas Wylde)

Of course! If you can get a well known star to wear your pieces then it's a HUGE advantage...

Submit for my story! ;-)

ultramarine said:
Hum ... great idea to develop a Networking forum at tFS.

And you were right on the spot about having a PR firm work the press for a new designer to get exposure ... though .. if you really want to market yourself ... I'd think that having stars wearing your stuff is enough (ie Thomas Wylde)

I think being genuinely talented is the key^_^.

careers and education is designed for industry professionals to network there..

so this will be moved accordingly...
:flower:

new_dawn_fades said:
I think being genuinely talented is the key^_^.

Oh .. that's the ideal! I totally agree ... and even though I prefer this designers to keep to myself .. they could do much much better with a lil bit more of $$$ (this is the eternal problem and the fashion crisis noawadays)

Celebrity Product Placement

I am wondering if anyone here knows of a great agency that handles celebrity product placement...not for a thighmaster or a bbq grill (LOL), but for designer clothes and accessories.

I have specific celebs in mind, so I would also be grateful if anyone knows how to get in touch with stylists like estee stanley, etc.:flower:

Seeding celebrities

Anyone here into swag?

I love the idea of it, and for my label I'm sending star's PR people, swag packages (after calling them of course for permission). I know some girls get carloads of it every week, but at least I have entered their domain, and they do know I exist!

I should have noted about this thread being for other designers to read.

AND sorry about the spelling error on starts(=stars), I cant find the edit button.

Good topic, starz1! Something that should be of interest to most designers.

(I've taken the liberty of cleaning up that first comment to make it easier to understand ... siince you cannot edit a post after 10 minutes. Also, there have been posts about this before with helpful information ... so I've merged them into this thread, above.)

Per Wikipedia: Swag = In American colloquial usage, a term for promotional items, gifts to the general public, or a souvenir of a special event

But I think that starz1 is using the term loosly to describe a designer sending "gifts" from their line to celebrities, in the hopes that they will wear them in the public ... which would be a huge PR boost for the designer. Usually the only way you can get things to celebs is through their publicists. It's done a lot .... and sometimes, it actually works. Most of the time ... your stuff gets lost in the shuffle or someone at the publicists office decides they want to keep it.

This will be the answer to your prayers:

http://www.whorepresents.com/

This is a database of probably every celeb you can think of and their contact information, through agents, managers and PR people.

There is a monthly fee, but if you use your time wisely, then it won't cost you that much.

Thank you for that, educo! Just the sort of info we love to bring in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->