Ghd Straightener & Iron Oil ?

Golden_butterfly

The mod squad
Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a GHD after the great reviews.
But there are a few to choose from.
There's a Ghd Ministyler with smaller plates,
GHD prof. styler wich straightens your hair with " total styling control " (?)
& last one with wider plates.

Don't know wich one i should buy :unsure:
I have dry and wavy hair wich is not easy to straighten.

Has anyone tried GHD Iron Oil & can tell me if it's any good ?

i have GHD & hairtools. :heart:
there is no real difference between the two.
lots of my friends have the chi one which is also good.

if your hair is dry & wavy then i'd recommend the wide plates.
GHD iron oil is okay. not the best & it's a bit greasy. :doh:

My Ghd straightner is my best beauty buy EVER. B)
I have long hair and the amount of time I used to spend ironing it has been cut in half.Haven't tried the Iron oil spray though.

My sister has GHD and I have hairtools......mine were half the price on the internet at £40 and they are just as good. I honestly would never pay GHD prices. GHD are sooooo overpriced!

my boyfreinds cousin got her hair done last week for a ball at the hairdressers with a ghd....it was the big loose curls..i never knew you could do curls with it..the big loose ones..it looked great..i think i may have to invest in one

i think they retail here for around $300AUS.....i have a friend that can get me one for $150 ^_^

i just got The GHD salon styler & hair straightener with the iron oile from hqhair.com two days ago and it's really good you should buy it!

GHD's are amazing - they make your hair poker straight and shiny, and it looks like it's in really good conditio. Even after sleeping/ a big night out/ tying my hair up, it looks a million times better than it would if I let it dry naturally or even attempted to blowdry it straight myself.

They do a huge amount of damage to your hair though, you wouldn't want to use them regularly if you're concerned about your hairs condition. I think they're so effective because they reach 180 degrees celsius or something ludicrous like that :shock: One of my friends fumbled hers while straightening her hair and burnt her neck....it looked exactly like a hickey :lol:

I've heard the oil is only good for severely dry (afro) hair.

I have seriously tough Asian hair -it's like wavy horse hair :D -and GHDs were the best money I've ever spent on it. I had Hairtools before and there's really no comparison -Hairtools work well on fine hair, but GHDs are in a different league. Also, I've seen people do brilliant curls with GHDs (although I can't manage it), something that doesn't seem to work with lesser irons.

I second what was said about them wrecking your hair's condition though -I deep condition once a week and don't straighten more than twice a week, otherwise it gets a little ratty.

rainglow said:
I've heard the oil is only good for severely dry (afro) hair.

I'm mixed race and have really thick curly hair and the oil didn't work for me at all. but i use the ghd irons with the thick plates (after i have straightened my hair using a hair dryer) and they work wonders to flatten my hair and make it sleek which trust me is not an easy job!!

im gonna go out and buy the chi...used my friends last week and my hair neeeever straightens as well as with the chi...except when the hairdresser does it i think theres a ten % discount at trade secrets dec 9th on any appliances and the code is : N134....for ne one whos interested^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to have a muster, which i thought was the best until i got my GHD! I cannot live without it now! I got the limited edition professional pink ones (for breastcancer month) and the iron oil came with it- though i don't really know what this does! I think it's just like a light hairspray really, that you use before you straighten your hair. My hair is naturally very thick and curly, and with these it stays perfect for as long as i need. :heart: GHD!!

Oh by the way, if you look on ebay you will pick them up for the same price as a cheaper brand. I got my pink ones from England for $260 Australian (about $200 US i think), when they retailed for $330. The black model will be much cheaper again. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->