Gilly Hicks Sydney : An Australian Themed Lingerie Brand from Abercrombie and Fitch

it's dark. of course. they'd hate for you to actually see the product.

cathangle thanks for the pics. Wow the second image (interiors pic) looks NOTHING like 'Sydney' style (I'm allowed to be critical to a certain extent, I'm from Sydney :P ) It feels like they're bastardizing Sydney to me :( I mean, 'Gilly Hicks'? That name is up there with Crocodile Dundee.

The shopping bag is the same as Ruhels or whatever.

This is really...moronic. I hate the name Gilly Hicks, sounds like some backwater yokel from Arkansas.

Most teenages only wear A&F, kids, and Hollister clothes especially guys. With Abercrombie opening this new concept, they won't be wearing Hanes and Fruit of the looms any more.

But from watching the film hosted on Gilly Hicks site, it seems to me that they won't be selling mens clothes. I think it will be only for women. After the stores open this month, we'll see how they will work out.

No, it will have men's clothes.

Abercrombie and Fitch has always been good to me. I love that company to death.

one of the images trademarked for their logo had a koala in it...

i agree it is inexplicable...i think they also plan to put a "1932" or some other date in their logo/marketing as well.

pretending that the brand dates back from there....

The only brand that does not have a fictitious date is Abercrombie and Fitch, which really was founded in 1894. The rest have back stories created for them.

:ninja: how totally weird. Didn't they already sell underwear?

Smart

I actually love the idea and think it's pretty brave of them to act as if they are from the other side of the world. It's the new trend remember; "the grass is always greener on the other side".

On the other hand, from what I see here on the thread; I have to agree that the store facade has nothing to do with the fresh Sydney style. It looks more like 'Hamptons' than Sydney to me. OK, it does not necessarily have to be HIP to look like an Aussie brand - maybe they were afraid it'd look a bit too young or energetic because they aim for luxury (new-luxury) customers.. But the story has to stay young and fresh anyways. Otherwise they could've picked any coastal city for inspiration. In this order, I think the logo could've been better. It just does not look right on the fuchsia logo t-shirt.

p.s. Fuchsia: think again!

What I love about Abercrombie is how calculatedly random they can be. If their market researched had shown them that Germany was popular and on trend right now the store would be called Otto Kruger Germany, and would have a bratwurst theme.

I hate A&F, I never ever shop there. I went in Ruehl once, and ended up only buying a ton of their lingerie (it was absolutely gorgeous!). I was heartbroken when they decided to stop making it, so I'm excited about this lignerie line.

Has anyone bought anything from their yet? The pics floating online (not of the video but of the actual lingerie) are stunning!

I only saw a picture of the bra wall that somebody took and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to buy any since they won't go to 36D...but so far it looks like a more romantic line for the 20-somethings. VS Pink and their Pout lines are the fun, whimsical ones, Very Sexy is all about the sexy (as you would expect), but Gilly Hicks looks to be more sensual, more romantic-a lot of sheers, a lot of lace.

There is one opening up about 40 minutes from my house on the 25th, and I will be going to check it out.

So today I got to go in and actually check out the stuff and well, here's what I have to say. It's priced, for the lingerie, on the same price point as Victoria's Secret for the Angels/Very Sexy stuff. Bras are usually around $45, they have 4/$26 and 3/$30 panties. The tanks and shorts are on the price point of Hollister and A&F-most of the tops will be $24.50 or less, the shorts I bought were that price as well. The store itself is brighter than an A&F and the porch is beautiful. Right as you walk in, you go down a step and they have little round areas where there are perfume counters for their perfumes (Tanarama is like a sweeter L de Lolita Lempicka) and then they have cabinets of their bodycare and so forth-they even have a face palette and kabuki brush. They have, instead of the photos of ubiquitous scantily clad men, paintings of scantily clad men in most of the store. The layout of the store is very confusing though.

I would have to say don't write this off because it's from A&F because as far as the loungewear goes, it is SOFT, and the lingerie is pretty.

hmm. Sounds pretty mundane to me though. How is it really different than VS? Why not just sell it in their regular stores?

The main difference between this and VS besides the parent company and store setup is that I see VS as appealing to many different people with all of the lines, whereas GH would appeal more to not only the usual A&F client but there were a LOT of older people in there today because the store did not scream sex and everybody deserves good lingerie. Yes, there's the adults-only video on the website but it seems to be more sensual than sexy. It's kinda hard to explain...

Oh and the shorts are INSANELY soft. Probably the softest ones I have ever bought.

Honestly the quality and design of Gilly is way better then Victoria's Secret and I would rather spend my money here then on VS crap that isn't even sized correctly. Gilly has very soft and pretty lingerie and loungewear, the layout of the store is nice. The porch, furniture, glass tables, chandeliers and lounge chairs are beautiful and the only thing that screams "Abercrombie" to me is the darkness, the music isn't loud and the smell isn't overpowering. I actually adore Gilly Hicks and think this is one of their best brands to come out of abercrombie. Ruehl was nice as well but it wasn't advertised correctly and it was too overpriced.

Very crass. One has to be naive to buy into this conceptually wrong brand. It's all very crass with the whole Aussie association.

I was prepared to hate this but I went to a store recently and loved it.

Just a note: I really dislike Abercrombie & Fitch.

Gilly Hicks fit really well, the prices were reasonable, and the designs were cute, fun, pretty and a bit sexy - rather than tacky, over the top and sometimes just crass like Victoria's Secret.

The store layout is confusing though and it is VERY dark. As an Australian I am very perplexed by the so-called 'Australian' theme, but hey, the product is GREAT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aza
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->