The Creepy Man behind Abercrombie and Fitch

A&F....I was never into it when I was in high school......-_- GAP clothing was popular when I was in high school too.....I never got into that either......I thought it was too trendy or something like that.....I guess I was bored with that kind of fashion......I'm still bored with it to this day......:mellow: *yawn**

Pastry said:
needless to say, the uniform for their employees is :"must be a petite blonde for women, must be a tall blond hunk for men"...i'm not kidding...it wasn't untill after the visit that it hit me, this is real and not a joke..if these people will open a store in hong kong, they'll still sport caucasian employees...

I work in an abercrombie and fitch in New York City and the majority of employees are actually petite ASIANS, with me being in the minority.
So...:innocent:

^ i noticed that there was a big asian crowd hanging out at the store. they were all severely whitewashed though

Vintage Mischa said:
I work in an abercrombie and fitch in New York City and the majority of employees are actually petite ASIANS, with me being in the minority.

I wonder if that's the Public Relations chief's idea of an apology. :shock:

"Here...we're sorry. Take these token asians and be proud!"

in used to love abercrombie when i was like 20.....i went in the mall of america store with my cousins over christmas and it was awful!!!! the stupid tee's with do i make you look fat? how terrible is that!!!!! there is no style to any of their designs, its all basically "what degrating phrase came we spit on a shirt?" and the pricing is ridiculous!!!! it was a bunch of shallow kids running around and bithy sales people who could careless...

I don’t know what is worse, when you have degrading phrases on the front of a T or when you just have A&F on the front. Well they both degrade the wearer. And Eeeeeeew, he looks like the sort of creepy guy who sits at the beach and pervs at all the young surfer boys. Grow up.

This is straight out of a Chuck Palahniuk book-writer of Fight Club and other great books-from the creepy guy,workers-everything.....so funny,yet sad and alarming!
Thanks for this thread,my sister needs to read this.
It actually helps you understand what's going on actually when you enter the store.

This is so gross. I can't believe all the girls at my school wear this crap, yet, of course, they don't realized all this sh*t they're buying into. Disgusting.

Jeffries wouldn't discuss any of that with me, and he fidgeted nervously and grew visibly agitated when I asked about several of the many controversies and lawsuits he has weathered in his 14 years at the helm of A&F. Our first bump came when I mentioned the 2002 uproar over the company's thongs for middle-school girls, which had "Eye Candy" and "Wink Wink" printed on their fronts. "That was a bunch of bullsh*t," he said, sweating profusely. "People said we were cynical, that we were sexualizing little girls. But you know what? I still think those are cute underwear for little girls. And I think anybody who gets on a bandwagon about thongs for little girls is crazy. Just crazy! There's so much craziness about sex in this country. It's nuts! I can see getting upset about letting your girl hang out with a bunch of old pervs, but why would you let your girl hang out with a bunch of old pervs?"

I am a fifteen year old, and I fully hate being patronized- but this is utter madness. It is always a bit disturbing for me to see my fellow schoolgirls, all under the age of seventeen, in thongs- as though someone is going to see them or take them off. And because of some of the messages sent out by this company, many of these girls have had them taken off.

As far as Jeffries is concerned, America's unattractive, overweight or otherwise undesirable teens can shop elsewhere. "In every school there are the cool and popular kids, and then there are the not-so-cool kids," he says. "Candidly, we go after the cool kids. We go after the attractive all-American kid with a great attitude and a lot of friends. A lot of people don't belong [in our clothes], and they can't belong. Are we exclusionary? Absolutely. Those companies that are in trouble are trying to target everybody: young, old, fat, skinny. But then you become totally vanilla. You don't alienate anybody, but you don't excite anybody, either."

I have been told by many of people that I could be employed by Abercrombie- a lot of these people are avid Abercrombie wearers. However, I prefer shopping at Hot Topic, Journeys, Aeropostale, American Eagle, and the occasional Hollister (ONLY when I need long jeans. And that was before I knew this creep was in charge of Hollister Womenswear). And this quote is one of the reasons why.

Vintage Mischa said:
true story about those korean girls loving a&f
this whole story is ridiculously creepy! and explains a lot...i really want to show this to those girls and show them what they are really wearing :ninja:

fixoid said:

Thanks for showing us a picture of this man.....er monster!!!!
He is truly hideous...seriously...he has no eyebrows.
he looks like an alien....if he wants to stay young needs to do something about his waddle ( neck).
Why does he dye his hair blonde....looks truly disgusting.:yuk:

i don't see what all the hate for A&F is, never really got it, been
to the store couple times and a whole bunch of people wear it out
here, but it's just clothes, it's all pretty basic and simple :blink:

Nontheless.... the campus sounds very interesting :D XDXD *mind in gutter*mind in gutter*mind in gutter*

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aza
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->