Gilt Groupe sample sale site - feedback and info

I am going to say that I have recently had the worst experience with this company! I have ordered stuff from them in the past and had no issues, I also know many people who have ordered from with without incident.

Last month I ordered something from their erica anenberg sale. I know two other people who ordered from the same exact sale and got their items. After my friends got their items and I heard nothing from them, I get an email saying that due to an "inventory error" they did not have what I ordered, my money would be refunded and they were giving me a $25 credit. To me, it wasn't about the money. I passed up opportunities to buy other items elsewhere because I had ordered that. I made a contract in buying that and they failed to live up to their end and to me, that is something they have to remedy.

Anyway, I grit my teeth and took the credit and combined with another credit I had I bought a ring set from the Me & Ro sale. It shipped very quickly and a week after I ordered I got it in the mail. I opened it up, and it was not what I had ordered. The description on the receipt listed it as what I remembered I had ordered but the items in the box were totally different. I thought they were lovely, maybe even prettier than what I did pick, but at this point my frustration and anger at the company is so strong. I sent them a very strongly worded email but it has been about 3 business days and they have not bothered to respond. Again, extremely poor service and business practices IMO.

I am going to call first thin tomorrow, but I don't even know what they can tell me that will ever make me want to order from them again.

Yikes! I've never bought anything from them, but looks like they're rather hit-and-miss. They had a Yohji sale once that I almost cried over missing out on (FW08 stuff, gorgeous).
If anyone does want an invite for the site, please PM me- or if that fails, go over to my blog and email me.

Does Gilt notify you once your item has been shipped? B/c I ordered something about a month ago and have received no word yet only an estimated delivery date but no confirmation.

Anybody?

I usually have my stuff within a week or so from buying. Maybe you should contact them to get an updated status.

you can also check the status of your order when you log in... under my account or something

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for a charge to show up on your credit card statement? I'm a bit confused b/c its been 3 days and the charge still hasn't showed up on my statement. Is that normal?

^ i was about to ask the same question..i ordered something last week and something yesterday; the thing i ordered last week shipped out today but the charge hasn't shown up yet, but the thing i ordered yesterday hasn't shipped and my account has already been charged. weird.

Who Shops and Likes Gilt.com?

Has anyone shop there and if so how was the experience?
I just joined and find it quite interesting.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Gilt Groupe just announced they are now doing international shipping to over 90 countries!!! I've been waiting for this to happen forever, hooray!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->