Givenchy Haute Couture F/W 2009.10 Paris

:woot::bounce::wub::woot:

this is FREAKIN' amazing

i'm loving the dramatic jewelry :heart:

Mozah is faithful to JPG.

The Islamic looks are INSANELY fantastic.

I don't get what the spikey accessories are though. why'd he use so many spikes?

i seriously LOVE this collection but i cannot help thinking of balmain's first look in the aw09 collection when i see those black sparkly harem pants........

these white jackets with golden detailing must be the most irresistible item I've seen in a long long time. :zorro::mellow:

It's a good collection, far from a favorite but definitely better than the last couple of seasons, he's just incredible, totally made for the job..:heart:

Ummmm, my expectations were higher. This looks good, the last looks are amazing but the whole collection disappointed me a bit. On the other hand I'm sure it will grow on me in no time.

I hope some outfits will be a BIG hit in the whole Middle-East (Dubaï, Doha, Barhein etc.) ...
Cannot wait to see these women walking the malls like this ...

But I don't know ... actually ...
Was it meant to be sold overhere ?

Someone knows if Cheikha Moza was in Paris for Couture Week ?
She was in France not so long ago ...

I think what will come to be the one of the strongest points of Tisci's vision is that his outlook is fairly global. These designs speak the the codes and history of dress of several disparate cultural groups, sharing only wealth in common. Couture's clientèle is the most diverse in age, race, and geography than it has ever been. We have a couturier who understands that.

WOW!
After the disaster of Dior and Armani I was expecting the worst also from Givenchy...but I have to change my mind
This is HAUTE COUTURE!Dear John you should learn something from Riccardo Tisci...I usually don't like him both for menswear and womenswear but this time he did a wonderful job,I love the gothic and sacre vibe of the clothes,it's like devil and angel fighting against each other,very dramatic and very Givenchy

The perfume of Arabia that was sprinkled through the Givenchy menswear show last month had a second life in the designer Riccardo Tisci’s haute couture. The feminine mystique of the veil, delicate as a filmy cover over a sleek white dress, contrasted with full-blown Moroccan ethnicity — all heavy metal and covered bodies.

The result was piquant, and not entirely convincing as a couture show. Yet Mr. Tisci is bringing an aerobic mind-stretch to couture and to how he perceives Givenchy. His cuts, drapes and juxtapositions of the familiar man/woman styles look fresh.

The show opened with a curvy, corseted velvet coat, finely tailored, and a clear statement about Western dress — though the look immediately dissolved when a velvet jacket was teamed with a Turkish delight of gilded harem pants. Added to the hard/soft, East/West contrasts were veiled hoods and gilded knuckle dusters.

There was surely a narrative in the designer’s mind to explain the vivid pink or green crystals decorating long flesh-colored dresses and a shaded hemline that looked fierce and fiery. Mr. Tisci’s vision is both romantic and has a hard-edged modernity — and that makes him an interesting free spirit in haute couture.

suzy menkes, nytimes.com

Mm, yeah, it's quite nice.
Once again I'm not blown away. I don't think we're really on the same wavelength.

those jackets are quintessential couture. bravo, tisci. i dare them to call this "banal."

and i'm in love with his bride. so pure. so simple. so literal. so beautiful. so tisci.

Well it's not instant love like I felt last season, but I think that's mostly because it's not as coherent as most Givenchy collections are. There are unifying themes of course, but it's a little more random than usual from Tisci.

Other than the harem pants there are some really gorgeous things in here. I'm dying over that look on Lara, the sequined mermaid skirt with the sculptural waist and the turtleneck. It's incredible.

Lovely, but my favorite looks are the simplest, in particular the two black velvet button-down numbers with sheer hoods, and the last white gown, which is proportionately fabulous but rather unembellished... Strange of me.

And I do like (and wear!) harem pants; those I appreciate as well. :P

Thank you FashionPower!

I love it, but those boots with the individual slots for toes are disgusting.

I love it. Everything. EVERY SINGLE DETAIL. :shock: :wub:
Can't wait for more HQs!!! :buzz:
My beautiful Natasha looks gorgeous!! :heart:

TISCI, WE LOVE YOU!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"