Givenchy Pre-Fall 2011

MissMagAddict

Reaction score
According to Riccardo Tisci, the decision to import his whole team and pre-fall collection to New York for nearly a week was about more than convenience for press and buyers. For one thing, the U.S. market is of the utmost importance to Givenchy right now, not only in terms of growth but also creativity. Tisci chose to shoot his pre-fall look book downtown, photographing Izabel Goulart, Lea T and Saskia de Brauw, in an open studio in front of a New York City street; “street,” he said, is what this collection is about.

It featured his signatures — lace, hardware, sharp tailoring, all countered by a touch of romanticism — but “less Baroque and Victorian than usual,” said Tisci. Robust outerwear came in brown and olive green, two of the lineup’s most prominent colors, and was worn over cropped trousers and filmy silk dresses in lilac for a striking contrast. He evolved the graphic print of spring 2010 with a computerized “armadillo” pattern on jackets and sheer skirts. As for accessories, they were major: sturdy, leather work boots that laced up the thigh, fur-lined booties and disco-glam strappy platforms that illustrated the Seventies Parisian vibe that Tisci had in mind. Also major was the hardware, like the new gold, crosslike fixture Tisci’s calling Obsedia, a combination of the Greek word “dea” and “obsession,” which he sees as key to the Givenchy identity.

source | wwd.com

Not sure how I feel about this, especially the brown. I'll need to see more and better photos.

Wow, really unexpected. Glad to see her colours, I'm tired of black / white / red.

I have to see more of it to get a better feel of the collection right now Im kinda of the fence

Argh! I hate when it's only a few images released. I feel like after we get to see the full collection there will be more of an understanding, for what he is trying to do.

I do like what I see so far though. It seems like a departure from what he's done in the recent collections. The second look is just amazing

Very, very different colour scheme for Riccardo, but not very different designs, yet.

that third look on izabel is the best one so far. I'll wait until I see the whole collection.

This isn't doing anything for me. If anything, I find this a tiny bit lackluster.

i like the bags. the second look is sexy imo. even though she's covered, she could still be sexy.

Wow. I'm intrigued to see more because this is unexpected, although the second outfit still feels very Tisci but I can't wait to see how the whole collection looks.

ooo Im loving this so far, that first dress is amazing and that last coat is very chic and intersting.

look 1 is ok
look 2 i can definitely see how that came from previous collections
look 3 ...
look 4 is my fave

overall i need more

This is what I love about Tisci, he CAN change! (and what's the deal with Izabel? She is so not a Givenchy girl...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->