Riccardo Tisci is Leaving Givenchy

Mayhoola for Investments just injected a lot of money into Balmain so I don't think Olivier Rousteing can live or even wants to leave... He really feels at home there.

Balmain is already ruined and as Christophe Decarnin is now at Faith Connexion, we don't need Rousteing to ruin another house.
Givenchy can still turn things around but Balmain is a lost cause IMO...
Please, no Rousteing anywhere. I would rather have Frida Giannini at Givenchy than him!

Frida’s designs always had the generic personality of a high end department-store collection— if I were to be very generous about her…

At least with Olivier Rousteing, he has a distinct personality— whether that’s one that is along your compatibility is another question of course LOL And his is more than just Virgil and Co overpriced tees, sweatshirts and hoodies.

I suspect if he wasn’t so infatuated with dressing his obnoxious BFFs, he could leave their stench of cheapness that permeates the label, and get back to concentrating on form again, like his debut— and even evolve that aesthetic. There is a place for his brand of OTT-camp— I’d take Rousteing any day to someone like basic Jeremy Scott. Balmain’s more tamer pieces in the shops actually do look solid. I wouldn’t pay money for the menswear, but I’d have no problem pulling a few of the leather pieces if someone else was generous enough to pay for them…

Givenchy is so commercial and attracts the same demographic as Balmain at this point . These corporate labels aren’t interested in nurturing talent these days. They’re more invested in short-term bursts of hype that will drive the widest demographic to gobble up their most basic of offerings for the widest profit margins— until it’s time for the next overhyped chosen one to rehash the latest basics all over again. And I do believe Olivier, once removed from the stench of his current BFFs, is a capable designer. I mean, even Mean Girls moved on.

I would like to see that. I think she has much more to offer than her Chloé stuff, where she was very limited. I have the feeling she has some talent so I'd like to see if it's true... She's a sweetheart, she's not pretentious at all and it would be a nice departure from Tisci's style.

There is talk of Claire Waight Keller being lined up for the job, which....

From what I've seen at Chloé, the couture techniques and craftsmanship is superb which I believe she has skills and cut for a couture house. I think Chloé is such a unique house with niche identity that I would love to see her take on Givenchy. I would rather see someone with great skill sets than hype.

^I get that Alber is one of the best designers out there, but give him some time. He was so repetitive at the end of his tenure at Lanvin and I don't think that's what Givenchy needs.

On the other hand I think Clare would be great. She's talented and her Pringle of Scotland was just beautiful and modern, yet she knows how to do commercial pieces. And in my opinion she truly deserves to be working for a couture house.

Clare can do it. She is quite versatile actually. Chloé is not really a house where you can experiment but she can reinvent Givenchy. I wonder if she can be as good in menswear.
Karl loves her a lot and Karl is a friend of Mr Arnault. It can work on her favor.

I would have loved Stefano at Givenchy. He can do it plus, there a so many men that want him to design again that it would be perfect for the house... And he knows a bit about shoes & bags.

I would love to see what Felipe Olivier Baptiste could pull out at Givenchy. At Lacoste he has proven back to back seasons what he can do with sophisticated sports- and street-wear ( basically Givenchy's tribe these days) Add a Givenchy archive and there is endless potential.

^I get that Alber is one of the best designers out there, but give him some time. He was so repetitive at the end of his tenure at Lanvin and I don't think that's what Givenchy needs.

On the other hand I think Clare would be great. She's talented and her Pringle of Scotland was just beautiful and modern, yet she knows how to do commercial pieces. And in my opinion she truly deserves to be working for a couture house.

His time off so far has been equivalent to a short designer tenure :rolleyes:

I thought Clare's Chloe was fairly one-note, but at least she's not known for hoodie chic.

This. I used to love Alber, but gosh, he is not fresh at all anymore. I don't think he has much more to offer at this point. If I was him I'd start my own line; he should just enjoy the process, create cute dresses and that's it.

I couldn't bear the repetition of the same collection in any old fashion house. I've had enough...

^ Honestly ... I find this nonsensical when he hasn't worked in a year and a half. I would say perhaps yes, his work isn't fresh, because the most recent of it is almost two years old, and some a great deal older than that.

I think he has a great deal to offer, but he clearly doesn't need to go begging, so it's all up to him. From what I've heard him say, he doesn't sound like he wants to deal with any BS. I certainly want him back, but ... it's clearly his choice to make.

If you can bear the absolute ... suckyness of fashion right now, then I daresay you'd be able to bear it with Alber's talent added back in to the mix. I have confidence ... I really do.

This. I used to love Alber, but gosh, he is not fresh at all anymore. I don't think he has much more to offer at this point. If I was him I'd start my own line; he should just enjoy the process, create cute dresses and that's it.

I couldn't bear the repetition of the same collection in any old fashion house. I've had enough...

I don't even know if he should. What was amazing about Lanvin is that the entire business was supported by his clothes but once your "moment in fashion" has passed, it's slightly difficult.
Alber has always been fortunate to work for big or fairly major brands. From Guy Laroche to Lanvin he always had access to a good and experienced atelier.

Can he start from scratch when he was used to work in lovely conditions? I don't feel like he is courageous like an Olivier T. His line can be like Azzedine Alaia but i don't know if he will manage to do it.

But it is totally true that as a designer, he is a bit like Hedi Slimane...His work is always a bit about the same thing and he maybe needs the influence of a major fashion house to go beyond his own tricks.

Very skeptical about Clare, because during LFW there was a huge rumor going around she might replace Bailey at Burberry!

She deserves a good next job, because she has talent, so i wouldn't mind seeing how Givenchy looks under her!

Clare at Burberry sounds good. They need someone that can commit full time to the brand. Bailey has become a glorified creative director.

Givenchy needs someone versatile and experienced. Alber or Stefano would be ideal!

Clare at Burberry sounds good. They need someone that can commit full time to the brand. Bailey has become a glorified creative director.

Givenchy needs someone versatile and experienced. Alber or Stefano would be ideal!

i weep whenever i think that people like demna and alessandro michele have jobs while stefano and alber don't, but while i'd die to see stefano do couture, i don't think his approach to fashion and designing could be a fit for givenchy, the way riccardo shaped it to be. :cry:

^ It's interesting, isn't it? Surely the pendulum will swing again and there will be renewed interest in actual skill. I don't mind Alessandro, I appreciate his enthusiasm and cheer, but he certainly doesn't have anything like the raw talent of the two designers you mention.

Stefano's Givenchy would just ooze sex appeal, which is so needed right now. It could be such a good fit. I don't see Alber's lightness at Givenchy, it needs to be a tougher sensuality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inafrombaki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->