Grace Kelly

I read in one of her biographies that at the beginning of her "career" as Princess of Monaco, she hated all the small talk and meaningless social encounters that were part of her duties. I think she really missed what would now be called "the creative people", all the art, performance, movie professionals with whom she had an experience to share. It's all the more to her credit that she fulfilled her obligations with the same charm and elegance she would have brought to a professional encounter. I am not sure one finds such fortitude and spirit of sacrifice (for the greater good: the country, the marriage, the family) as much today (at least for people in the limelight, as she was). She certainly acted with maturity, even at the cost of a certain fulfilment for herself.

Her maturity level always amazed me. She seemed so grown up even in her early 20s.
It was too bad that she had to sacrifice her acting career after she was married. I would have liked to have seen her in a few more movies

With Gregory Peck
gregaci.jpg

ACI

I have always though she was sorry and somewhat unhappy with her Princess role...:cry:

This is an amazing thread! I can't believe I haven't spent more time here...the photos everyone has contributed are divine! :heart:

Not all of the pics are showing up for me, but I hope these haven't been posted yet.

From her civil wedding ceremony:

Grace-Kelly-Civil-Wedding-790347.jpg

and from the church ceremony:

Grace-Kelly-Bride-790440.jpg

www.indiebride.com

i loved the outfit she wore to the civil wedding ceremony! and of course her wedding dress was beyond gorgeous. thanks for those luxmode

Hummm- It looks more like Stephanie to me- but hard to tell...I still have trouble telling young pictures of Caroline and Charlotte apart!!:lol:

i keep watching rear window and i am totally obsessing about this bracelet, please if anyone can help me with that , karma and thanks

script-- you have such a great collection , do you have hard copies or are they rare pics you have found on the internet?

I just bought a book that claims to have some rare things. i will post when i get them.

I don't have hard copies-I used to, but I moved and had to through stuff out. I find stuff on the net. I always make suree that it is rare, though. Thank you for appreciating my pics!
721304_01.jpg

amana

i keep watching rear window and i am totally obsessing about this bracelet, please if anyone can help me with that , karma and thanks

i found a few, hope these help
photobucket.com/albums/v42/faithx5

With her "Swan" costar, Sir Alec Guinness, better known as Obi Wan Kenobe
mpalec.jpg

mptv

Damn, those English tailors know how to make a suit!! ^_^

kochie-- do you think it was made for her by wardrobe.. but maybe not i am geting a tiffanys vibe from it.. what do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->