Grace Kelly

Sorry, I goofed in posting the quote I was responding to. It is from "fouroclock," post 664.

I had never heard about how she liked to look taller. Thats very interesting. I knew she liked to wear hats but didnt know that that was the reason

OK, I hope I get the quote properly this time! Yes, I read that in one of her biographies, but I wouldn't be able to tell you which one, for I have read them all. (I go to used bookstores to find the out of print ones.)

Her graduation picture
gradutateworldroots.jpg

worldroots

When do you think she was in the prime of her beauty ? Even though she looks beautiful here (thanks, scriptgirl), she is not yet the out of this world beauty she became. Or do you think studio photography has a lot to do with how beautiful the 'subject' will look ?

^^ Thanks as always ScriptGirl!! I wouldn't even think that was her!! She looked totally different when she went to NY- which was right after school, right?
And why was her face so puffy in later years?

Some biographies claim she drank a little too much, others deny that she did. Whom to believe ? Apparently, every year, she'd go on a two month no alcoholic beverage diet to lose weight for upcoming occasions. I also read that she really knew how to mix a good cocktail (that was the era...)especially everytime the old gang from Hollywood would reconvene together. Well, if you're going to mix a good cocktail, you're going to want to enjoy it too, right ?

When you get old, your metabolism slows. I think that is her high school graduation pic.
gracekellyoperga-136-1.jpg

gamma

Yeah, I had heard for some time that she drank too much- partly as a result of her lonliness and isolation...But by some accounts she knew how to party pretty good back in her New York days, too...She seems to have been sexually liberated long before it was fashionable... :wink:

Yeah, with her beauty she didn't need to look like Queen Elizabeth...:cry:

I think that was one of Princess Diana's great things- young and a little sexy but still dignified...:wink:

In my opinion, the prime of her beauty spanned from Rear Window up until the first couple years after she married Rainier. Her face was just stunning.

^Thanks so much for all of the rare pictures, scriptgirl! :flower: I appreciate seeing so many great pictures of Grace.

You are so welcome! More rareties coming your way, so keep coming back to the thread
4-1088-princess.jpg

movie maidens

She was so breathtaking. What is everyone here's favorite Grace film?

She was so breathtaking. What is everyone here's favorite Grace film?

I would have to say To Catch a Thief!! The visuals were breathtaking...I remember when I was a kid sitting with a pad and pencil pausing the video to write down each outfit Cary was wearing- :blush: He and Grace were the most beautiful couple- and Grace was, of course, the ultimate Blond Dreamgirl...!!
High Society would be up there on the list for Grace, except I could never take to Frank in that role and the entire Bing thing bothers me...:cry:

Hmm-I would have to say Green Fire, cause no one remembers it. I also love Mogambo and Rear Window.
eydgala.jpg

eyedea

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->