Gucci Bouvier Bag... formerly Jackie O.

brian

Reaction score
153693_D591G_4167

gucci.com

the 'jackie o' bag ... now known as the 'bouvier' :wacko: is an iconic bag... definitely one of my favourites.. i think it deserves its own thread. ^_^

gucci, for some reason, recently changed the name of the bag from 'jackie o' (which i think all of us are used to referring to it as)... to the 'bouvier' bag... which totally boggles my mind... i don't like that much, even though i know jacqueline's maiden name is bouvier. anyhow, gucci is featuring the 'bouvier' bag in a special section on its website:

http://www.gucci.com/us/us-english/us/spring-summer-06/bouvier/

what do all of you think of the jackie o/bouvier? :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
I :heart: :heart: it! It's a classic bag with a classic style (and stylish history) that will carry a person season through season, year after year.

Isn't bouvier her maiden name?

edit: Sorry brian, just read the rest of your post. It does seem odd that they changed it but at least it's still in the same vein.

probably bovier sounds more classy....its like instead of calling someone short, they use the french and say petite...sounds much nicer but means the same thing...

This was my first "designer" bag I bought in college....black on black. Love it- still carry it occasionally. I think I'll always have a fondness for this bag.

Question- I saw one in all leather one time....it was a gorgeous caramel color, kinda slouchy from wear. Ever seen this version?

JessRuthie said:
Question- I saw one in all leather one time....it was a gorgeous caramel color, kinda slouchy from wear. Ever seen this version?

yeah,i think they're still producing this caramel leather version... they also have it in all black, which is so gorgeous... :wub:

I looove the zebra ponyhair one, that one is incredible...

I tried on the tan/pink/green one. I thought I would love it, but it did nothing for me.

Though I love the pink/green ribbon w/ tan leather, Im interested in more styles like this.

BGV6354_mp.jpg

Source: Bergdorfgoodman.com

i love it..
i held the medium red one at neiman marcus two days ago..
it was gorgeous.. :smile:
this bag is the only gucci bag i actually LOVE.

Diorling said:
I looove the zebra ponyhair one, that one is incredible...

153029_C7O1G_8583

gucci.com

... it is... :crush: ... the only thing i don't like about it is that the trim is brown... it would look a lot nicer with black trim... or, imagine, black PATENT... :woot: !!

... and the piston closure instead of the clip... :ermm: .... :lol:

^^ ditto from me too! It's delish and the only Gucci bag that I'm in love with from the Resort collection.

The funny thing is the bag Jackie actaully carried was the Hermes Trim. Gucci basically did its own version of the Trim.

G-BAG-003_1.jpg
G-BAG-003_4.jpg

diabro.jp

i like the bouvier a lot more with the piston closure than the clip. the clip looks too coach. :yuk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jessy1982
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->