Gucci Horsebit Hobo

I just bought the Gucci horsebit hobo in black and I love love love it! It is really perfect except for one thing, the horsebit metal on the strap is sooo heavy. I think my arms and shoulders are going to get tired carrying it around with actual stuff in it.

My mom absolutely adores the bag! I knew they were scarce to begin with, and even when I was in the store in NYC I had the last one in praline and none of the old tan left... either way she adores the bag! She has never been huge into designer names (she wonders where I got it!) but she told me she wishes she indulged herself sooner! :blush:

leather horsebit!

i've been on a hunt for the large horsebit leather hobo! i was at the gucci store in tampa but they didnt have ANY large hobos in stock! :blush: and
i saw one on ebay (in white) but i was wondering 1. if it was ever made in white and 2. isn't the horsebit part supposed to be ATTACHED to the leather strap? the seller swears it's authentic and i'm waiting back for a response so i thought in the meantime, maybe somebody here might be able to help me! :D

thanks!

that's weird because I see them everywhere. gucci.com has them (incuding in the white I believe, but that is a resort color and might be hard to find in stores), the gucci store in sf had them in black, and saks has them (also in black).

BTW, if the one on eBay you're talking about is this one for sale by alohahoneypie . . .

f7_1_b.JPG

. . . then it's as fake as the day is long. and those "ostrich" ones are fake too. in fact, they're all fake.

i might have to head to sake. THANK YOU!
(and that actually wasn't the one i had seen but thanks~)

intrigue said:
i've been on a hunt for the large horsebit leather hobo! i was at the gucci store in tampa but they didnt have ANY large hobos in stock! :blush: and
i saw one on ebay (in white) but i was wondering 1. if it was ever made in white and 2. isn't the horsebit part supposed to be ATTACHED to the leather strap? the seller swears it's authentic and i'm waiting back for a response so i thought in the meantime, maybe somebody here might be able to help me! :D

thanks!

They are readily availabe on the Gucci site, why didn't you just look there?? :huh:

intrigue said:

thanks!

Why don't you head on down to South Florida and stop by Bal Harbor Shops, because they have them there!! :flower: And also, you can get them online too!

^^^Not to mention Palm Beach and Orlando.......Florida has more Gucci than any other state! :P

I just love my hobo..i wear it around everywhere and get envious stares

now I'm thoroughly depressed. I just learned that the lovely praline color is not new, it's old and discontinued. the "new" tan is more orange, like terracotta. ick. apparently the entire company is sold out of the large hobo in praline. so surfermegz, I believe your mom got the very last one on the whole planet. she'd better hang onto it tight lest I come snatch it from her!:P

THANK YOU! i went on the gucci website and bought myself and my mom one :wink:
i coudln't decide between the leather or monogram so we can decide when we get them. we don't have gucci stores where i live =T i was just in tampa on vacation and happened to drop in at the store.

LilyGirl said:
now I'm thoroughly depressed. I just learned that the lovely praline color is not new, it's old and discontinued. the "new" tan is more orange, like terracotta. ick. apparently the entire company is sold out of the large hobo in praline. so surfermegz, I believe your mom got the very last one on the whole planet. she'd better hang onto it tight lest I come snatch it from her!:P

Yes she did!! And she absolutely loves it more than anything in the world!!!

SORRY to all of you, but I got it first!! haha :flower:

shoexgal said:
I just love my hobo..i wear it around everywhere and get envious stares

Don't ya just love those envious stares :lol: I get them all the time when I carry ANY of my Gucci bags. :zorro:

does anyone have one of these, real or not? i ordered one off of i-offer and was wondering about the quality/durablitity of those (real of fake). the seller has it listed as a 7 star AAA bag, in real calf skin. she has a lot of positive feedback, so i feel okay about it. but how do you like your gucci? i got the large size, does anyone have it and is it too large? is the medium better? i'm not even really a fan of gucci, but i wanted a big huge black leather bag. and when i did a search on ebay i saw one of these and like VERY much. looks like it will hold ALLL my crap. as you know, im a big bag gal, with a lil frame.

hi there...i have the large black gucci horsebit. got it from the gucci store. i love it! use it at least once a week. the leather isn't very soft, but sturdy. i think the large size is great if that's what you're looking for. my friend prefered the smaller one against her body becuase she's only 5 feet tall. enjoy!

I love the large. the leather (on the real one) is thick and sturdy, yet so beautifully slouchy that I don't think it overwhelms even petite women (so long as you don't pack it full). the medium is cute, has a zip top and is a more practical size, but it's not as dramatically luxurious as the large (and it's much smaller -- too small for me). I saw a co-worker with an obvious knock-off today and I would say the big difference form the real one is the leather, which was really really soft, so much so that even without being too full, the bag looked very crumply and it hung from her shoulder in an unbalanced way. I've noticed that same quality in the fakes on eBay -- the bag looks unattractively rumpled, like it's been slept on. other than the gucci name, this bag is all about the leather so lesser quality leather makes a big difference. I hope you like yours though!

i have a fuschia monogram horsebit that i got from ioffer.. i love it :smile:

great! im 5'6" but am tiny and wear petite sizes. i totaly dig the olsens style, the vintage and too-big style, and i love BIG bags! just throw on a pair of oversized vintage lenses and a big bag and im ready! like i said before, im not a big gucci fan and am really getting this bag for the design rather than the label and thats why im getting the i-offer one. i make bags too and thought i could get the hide and stuff and make what i want, but the hide was going to cost me more than the bag already. so i did the lazy thing and experienced i-offer for the first time. hope it works out okay!:rolleyes:

I have the large Gucci horsebit hobo in a beautiful tobacco colored leather. It is so durable and just a gorgeous bag. I get compliments all the time! I must tell you though, the horsebit is a bit heavy and if you carry it for a lot of time it may tire your arm. Also the drop from the handle to the bulk of the bag is not very big so it will fit pretty snugly under your arm. These are not bad things by any means- I am just telling you! It is my favorite bag I own right now and the bag that gets sooo many compliments! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misanita
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->