Gucci Horsebit Hobo

I bought the large black leather horsebit from Bergdorf a couple of weeks ago and it is the best bag investment I have ever made. The color is classic, the size perfect, and I will look at it years from now and still love it.

That said, it does have a tendency to slip off my shoulder unless I am wearing a tank top or camisole where my shoulders are bare. It's not a huge deal if I push it behind me a little bit versus letting it hang straight down.

As for authenticity, most bags on ebay are fakes. The fake large bags have a snap closure (real ones are open at the top). That is one of the obvious signs of a fake. Other signs are Gucci tags attached to the bag. My bag had a care card and controllo tag in the zippered compartment inside. Only the BG price tag (ouchie) was attached to the outside.

Good feedback aside, sellers can and do get away with selling fakes.

As an aside, I really wanted the older style tan leather (called tobacco) which was more of a cognac. The new tan has a strong golden orange undertone. And - don't think I am crazy - but there is a huge difference between the leather on the tan and black. The black has some texture to it and slouches nicely. The tan is perfectly smooth and stiff, almost like a sheet of vinyl. I don't know if this is consistent with all the new tans, but the ones at Saks and the Gucci stores in Florida (where a friend of mine lives and checked them out for me) were all that way. Even the s/a's hated them and felt they looked fake.

does anyone have a medium horsebit hobo? or at least seen it? because i really like this bag, it just seems awfully big to me. i'd like a bigger bag, but only so i can put in my wallet,cigarettes,some make up and my keys. so i thought i'd go for the medium one. just curious wether it will be suffice.

i bought mine off of ioffer and the quality is superb! SUPER soft lambskin, supple and man does it hold a LOT of CRAP!!! perfect for me, i like to have my whole life in my bag at all times! tendancies of a cancerian...:wink:the seller i got it from was " smusprincess" she has really good prices too and ships super fast! i got mine in a week and a day! very nice seller as well.

um...i dunno...go to a gucci boutique, otherwise your never going to REALLY know if its real or not.....

Yeah, I know.. but is'nt the large logo hobo ( in black, with a silver buckle or something on the front) from some seasons ago?
I don't think I could find it in a boutique, thats why I'm looking on the internet.
:blush:

jun3machina said:
um...i dunno...go to a gucci boutique, otherwise your never going to REALLY know if its real or not.....

Diggilooo said:
Yeah, I know.. but is'nt the large logo hobo ( in black, with a silver buckle or something on the front) from some seasons ago?
I don't think I could find it in a boutique, thats why I'm looking on the internet.
:blush:

oh sorry....:blush: i'm not a hugemongous gucci fan...i didn't know that.:doh: sorry!

okey, but do you know any site that sell real gucci's ? -exept the gucci site:P
jun3machina said:
oh sorry....:blush: i'm not a hugemongous gucci fan...i didn't know that.:doh: sorry!

Trying to find a classic bag - Has anyone seen the plain leather hobo in gucci lately

I'm thinking its a bit orangy?? Thoughts?

Hm. Thinking of getting a horsebit hobo in plain black... It'd be a classic bag... which I don't really own... all of my bags are brightly colored or contemporary designs...

Do you all think this would be sort of a classic bag?

i'm contemplating the same thing luna. i think i'll get it in black too. but the medium one, the large one is huge.

Luna, do you mean the real horsebit or an iffoer? I set out to buy the real one, large size, in tan and ended up with black because it is so much more classic and timeless. I weighed the pros and cons in terms of color and price (sticker shock! :o ) and decided black would e more of an investment.

I have the large black and love it. the medium is a more of a regular sized handbag, but I love the dramatic largeness of the large. don't get the tan. they redid the color for this season and it's much more orangey than it used to be (even the SAs don't like it).

roey said:
Luna, do you mean the real horsebit or an iffoer? I set out to buy the real one, large size, in tan and ended up with black because it is so much more classic and timeless. I weighed the pros and cons in terms of color and price (sticker shock! :o ) and decided black would e more of an investment.

No ioffer this time.

:wink:

And yes Lilygirl.. the large is what I'm after .. :D

Does anyone know the price of the large Gucci Horsebit Hobo in GG canvas? I can't get on the Gucci UK/US website and I can't call a Gucci store.

Can anyone tell me, based on the model and serial number, what year this bag is from?

Thanks!

Serial Number behind tag:
:flower:

Attachments

• 5 Gucci Horsebit hanging.JPG
    5 Gucci Horsebit hanging.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member