Gucci S/S 2024 Milan

I'm speechless really.
I didn't have high expectations after reading the pre-show interviews with him, but in my wildest imagination I never expected it to be this terrible. There's literally NO interesting idea presented here. Nothing aspirational.

I'm sure there's a clientele for this but you don't need to put on a fashion show for this kind of merchandise parade.

Was very curious to see this, I almost never participate in these threads because you guys are so much smarter when it comes to collections but even I can tell that this was boring as hell. For a debut collection I find this to be very uninspiring and I hope he will improve.

And I quite honestly don't understand the praise for the soundtrack because this girly 2016 pop music added another layer of of poor taste in my opinion.

Edit: And the casting?

I’m here for the soundtrack rs. Does anyone have the complete song list, please?

Also.. I Love the color palette.

This is the kind of things that you enjoy better with the eyes closed, like "Suicide Squad".

This Pradentino collection it's just... Meh.

I cann't believe the shoe statement of opening look is platform shoe! I don't hate it but I can't say I like it very much. Basic 90's silhouette with heavy accessory styling...Some looks are very Prada 2001-2003.

Given the enormous archive of Tom, Frida and Allessandro, he ended up (the lingerie dresses) being inspired by Marc's Vuitton FW2013! He is such a terrible designer!

Not that far from what I was expecting: very commercial. I didn't think he would impose a particularly strong vision or turn Gucci upside down like Alessandro did. Kering wanted someone who could deliver nice, inoffensive clothes and return to the older aesthetic of the brand, so I guess they got what they bargained for. Also expect, the glaring Valentino influence.

There was nothing really bad, but nothing to gush about. It's clothes ready to hit the stores. I hope he can stretch himself more here as time goes by. This reminded me a lot of Vaccarello's first collection for Saint Laurent. Same safe offering following a big bold tenure. You can feel the suits breathing down his neck. Hopefully he can also grow into his own vision.

Great soundtrack, but the set really brought this down. I can definitely see this would've looked better in an outdoors in daylight setting, the big dark box was such a bummer.

The clothes were not even Zara level it was more akin to Forever 21 or low end Junior clothes. I think Sabato thought taking the Slimane like route would work , but Slimane has killer tailoring to back it up and great accessories, which are equally high quality. Also he has his Rocker girl context , here there is no context , no story its just random sh!t for a 16 year old girl. These clothes are like Bryant Park C grade designer bad. What a horribly missed opportunity. They heavily promoted this show to death and in the end it was all bark , no bite! A complete hack for a designer.

The burgundy skirt and neon green coat with the silver fringing were the strongest pieces, I wish he had used it more. Looked gorgeous in motion.

It’s definitely much worse in pics than in motion.
((Thanks Zorka for the pics).
The state of mega corporate fashion (Viard, Jones, Chiuri, Piccioli, de Sarno, Lee, Blazy etc) is … I quit. Time to unsubscribe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noorap
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->