Gucci S/S 2024 Milan

Aw, how disappointing. I have to take back my feeling that it was going to be a good debut. It could have been so good … a shift of sorts. But it sparks no emotions or covetability … not aspirational at all !

Gotta disagree. Mary Grace's clothes feel more substantial. This was almost a mall runway show

Absolutely. Maria-Grazia's has evolved into a very distinct new romance in terms of aesthetic and sensibility. It may be boring too many. but it's still elevated and transcends a high end department-store's offerings. This, this is outlet-mall with a bigger budget.

This has nothing to say creatively of course, but it will succeed commercially, no doubt. It’s very on-trend with the what the new generation perceives as quiet luxury (so sick of that term). Gucci went from crass, loud, ripping off Dapper Dan ripping off Gucci, to the most politely-quiet of department-store in-house table selection. Eh.

(Very corporation to style and showcase an extremely accessible, outlet-merch driven offering with sparse touches of monogram that’s very teen in aesthetic. But as separates, it’s as easy to wear for the mums as well as for the teens. Very corporate.)

I expected it to be lackluster…
Let’s be honest, that aggressive marketing, those profiles, posts, announcements…All that noise prior to the show is never a good thing.

It’s a trunk show basically, a trunk show of very difficult clothes to wear tbh. It’s really hard for me to envision rompers and super mini skirts that are presented on very very young girls, on grown women.

Burgundy is my favorite color so I like the burgundy pieces. I think the slingbacks are very beautiful and it’s all very commercial and sellable.

I think influencers will eat this alive (at the same time they are paid) and I suspect that the Gucci hoodie will be sold out.

The usual Tom Ford reference, spring 1999, was cool but in a way, I’m relieved that there weren’t that many…It allows Peter at Tom Ford to reclaim that heritage.

I did expect a co-ed show so, I’m quite surprised.

The real beauty of the collection is the soundtrack.

Overall, no real POV in terms of a vision for women. A line up of clothes ready to fill the stores after the usual price increase. Another campaign with Daria or Julia Roberts might create a frenzy on IG and I guess by next year, Gucci will have a usual growth.

I loved the last few collections by the studio. This feels like a step-back…

Well that was bloody disappointing! Was hoping for an original outlook on the Gucci brand and instead it just fell flat - platform shoes and all. A couple of nice pieces here and there, but the vast majority looked pretty drab and meh. Hope he steps it up in the next collection: for now it might be Sabato, but after this show I'm already dreaming for Domenica

Gotta disagree. Mary Grace's clothes feel more substantial. This was almost a mall runway show
Yeah, cause she shamelessly copied a powerful Prada collection. All her «substance » comes from other people’s work.

so formulaic, absolutely nothing new and nothing even remotely groundbreaking but i quite like it..i like the sexiness side of it, and the lace dresses and yes, that hoodie :grinningwsmilingeyes:

Oh my, i really feel bad for the guy.
The expectations were gigantic. Maybe too big for him?

I had to watch the show muted (because i was in a meeting) and even i didn't like a LOT (the platform mules, the denim, the merch streetwear, the stiffness of some mini dresses, the ill fitting hotpants) the whole experience gave me surprisingly a very calming and mesmerizing feeling. I can't further explain it - but it was very relaxing to witness all the outings. Just very young women with very young fashion - and a spotlight. No fuss, no gimmicks. I liked that.

I liked also the cast. There were so many fresh and innocent looking faces to discover. Maybe that's why i was not really focusing on the clothes that much :wink:
I prefered this muted approach much more than to «impress» with some supers from the past or even Daria opening – just because he could do so.

The highlight for me was also the neon green silver fringed coat (divine in movement). And the chunky statement necklaces and earrings (they will sell like hotcakes) plus the color palette in general. The stiff skirts with the front slit are going to be the darlings of many fashion editors for sure.

It's not the best start to turn things sucessfully around and bring gucci to the top again. Ancora has to wait i guess. But let's give him more time please. I wish he'll get his s*ht together, focus more on the rich archives and legendary craftmanship of the house than on fleeting nowness. Only killers the next time please - no fillers.

I was rooting for you but maybe they were playing it so big he can't deliver up to the expectation. The clothes are unremarkable. These are very little clothes compared to what Michele sent out. I don't like the casting. I knew he would go with way but I wish the vision is stronger and perhaps better casting can project more confidence. However, I feel like a lot of stuff is a retailers dream. So yeah, suits will love it. But these clothes will look so weird in Michele's designed store. I don't know, I hope this is a palette cleanser.

if he would have shown this collection under his own name he wouldn't get so many harsh reactions.
It reminds me of Hedis Debut Show for Saint Laurent: Everybody hated it, called it expensive equivalents of 21Forever and Zara. And we all know how things turned around in the end. So let's wait and see.....
I have a strong feeling that most of this could all sell very, very well.

Its so pathetic.. looks like a resort collection from Stuart Vevers for Coach X Zara!
Wont even go into how mediocre it all is, and even when copied from Valentino, or Prada or whatever its even as copy so bad.
Alistair Mckimm is styling this and that shows - it’s always dull, MEDIOCRE to hell an back and the moment designers drop him, things start to look up. So maybe they fire Alistair McKimm and next season will be closer to what fashion should be in 2023.

Well that was bloody disappointing! Was hoping for an original outlook on the Gucci brand and instead it just fell flat - platform shoes and all. A couple of nice pieces here and there, but the vast majority looked pretty drab and meh. Hope he steps it up in the next collection: for now it might be Sabato, but after this show I'm already dreaming for Domenica
Domenica!!! Me too! Hahahahaha

Some of these looks are very Christopher Kane...

So underwhelming and terribly boring. There’s no signature, no discerning elements that separate these clothes from everything else out there at the moment.

Also, where is the menswear? Surely they won’t wait until January to debut his vision for the menswear?

There was so much talk in the previews about this new ‘Gucci red’ that would be the new house signature yet it fell completely flat. If I had to tie that shade to a house it would probably be Ferragamo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noorap
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->