Gucci

I have to agree on the Prada nylons, they don't age very well. The leather ones I have are ageing quite well though!

I'd avoid the nylon and go for leather as far as Prada is concerned, if you want longevity...

Thanks, mehg and OriginalGucciGirl :flower:

I have a few Gucci and Prada, but never had a Fendi. so really have no idea how the quality of the Fendi fabric is comparing to the other two.
I think I'll get one :wink:

The black one looks PURPLE :blink:

I really like the first.... very, very nice for sloshing around town or school books :furious: I want it..

I finally got a Prada bag, not nylon or leather, but good quality material. I like the black gucci thats great for carrying books etc.

Plumour - Go for the Fendi you wont regret it. I also have a vintage Fendi, that is still going very strong. enjoy :wink:

If you own enough money for Prada I guess you have enough money for someone to make a copy of the same bag you want in good quality :wacko:

:innocent:

I agree with this, but I had a Prada nylong during my undergrad years and it held up very well. I also have a leather bag and the edges never frayed, the stitching has held up and what I liked was that the leather was sorta aged when I bought it, so it's texture/appearance hasn't really changed much.I couldn't imagine paying retail for it, but they go on sale :smile:

When I first began looking into better bags, I went with Prada because of the lack of/discreet logo. Gucci and LV are just too much for me. Now that I know better, Prada wouldn't be my first option.

Some would say that the reason that so many have issues with Prada these days is because there is just so much fake Prada out there....who really knows...all these online stores like Bluefly, Ashford, etc., all have problems with authencity and I've always heard Prada having the most complaints. Then again some say the quality of the fakes are similar to the real ones.

Originally posted by tott@Dec 13 2003, 09:03 AM
I have to agree on the Prada nylons, they don't age very well. The leather ones I have are ageing quite well though!

I'd avoid the nylon and go for leather as far as Prada is concerned, if you want longevity...
[snapback]120621[/snapback]​

I should add that my wife hasn't had good experiences with the Gucci monogram bags. They do not wear well at all.

I only have Prada and LV as of now, and I must say - my Prada bag started to show wear and tear after only a couple of months of use. The LV I've had for 2 years and looks brand new.

My next purchase I hope to be Dior. :heart: So it's good to hear their quality is top-notch.

about the bag posted:

IMHO, you should look for something else, by someone else. Gucci has his core-business in accessories, and you can see it because here in Italy Gucci is overall the most spread as for accessories.
Also, I've heard that a similar bag from LV is about 400 euros.

If I was you I would definitely go with the Vuitton bag (even if I like made in italy best than everything else).

The problem with me is that I loathe wearing the same things as the people do, and that's why I wouldn't go for Gucci if I'm looking for a bag, a belt, or a wallet.

(I hope everybody understood what I tried to say since I'm not American and my English is only average :P )

i agree. i have a few and guccis bags are always good quality. ick, i didnt know about prada so THANKS to everyone. lol i was gonna go buy one soon:P

I second Theory's remarks about the Gucci monograms..mine did not hold up very well, but the rest of them hold up very well and are of great quality.
My mom's LV Alma still looks great even though she's very rough with her bags, although I think the Speedys look terrible after awhile. I don't like how their shape doesn't hold up...likewise with the monogram totes that everyone's got. They get all wrinkly after awhile. The Suhali collection is really good though
Fendis seem to get in terrible shape...
I've had excellent experiences with Dior... even my ancient logo saddle is in fantastic shape, and I was really hard on that bag.
My Chanel 2.55 bags are great too.. I have both the caviar and the smooth lambskin. The lambskin is a little more high maintenance because of the leather but they both retain their shape very well.
As for Prada...both my aunt's and my own are in terrible shape :shock:

I think the biggest problem with gucci monogram bags is that the fabric gets dirty easy and is hard to clean.

I am ambivalent towards Prada. My bags have held up well except for the fact that the lining of my postman messanger ripped along the seam. That is the only problem I have had, but it was annoying.

Originally posted by Incroyable@Dec 9 2003, 02:27 AM
Somebody once told me that Gucci is actually quite high quality, and even their logo canvas stuff is resilient, and well made. Fendi I am somewhat ambivalent about. Any other opinions?
[snapback]117950[/snapback]​

i've had a black mono gucci for 4 years now, simple hobo, bought it on a whim when i was in rome, have used it often for as long as i've had it and it's in great shape. shows no wear at all except for some rubbing on the bottom corners, i still get compliments on it regularly (which is odd b/c generally i find black mono canvas boring, i bought this when i was 17 and have since come to value bags that are more interesting.) i also have a gorgeous suede gucci bag i find to be of superior quality.

personally, i adore fendi, but i've never had a logo anything by them. i have a crazy rhinestoned mama baguette that i never use, so i've never had problems with the strap . . . i must say though that i have a python box bag from several seasons ago that i brought with me on a 2 week trip to san francisco and used almost every day, got caught in the rain a couple times, kept its shape and color, excellent quality, LOVE that bag!

i also have a ponyhair YSL mombasa that i love, i wear it a lot and its hair has never rubbed off at all, which i like

and though you may not be interested in these bags, if you are looking for the absolute best leather or suede . . . Bottega Veneta.

about that messenger, i like it, but for the same price you could get an LV Broadway, which is what i carry my schoolbooks in-- same size and shape, but the damier is both more durable and more subtle . . . i also like the naviglio for a slightly smaller option . . .

I've heard this complaint often about the Prada bags. I would take it to a Prada boutique and have them send it out for repairs. That shouldn't be happening so fast. I've considered the postman bag myself, but $600 for nylon just seems insane.

Originally posted by meister122@Sep 28 2004, 09:38 PM
I am ambivalent towards Prada. My bags have held up well except for the fact that the lining of my postman messanger ripped along the seam. That is the only problem I have had, but it was annoying.
[snapback]378826[/snapback]​

Originally posted by MaLkAv@Sep 27 2004, 06:01 AM
The problem with me is that I loathe wearing the same things as the people do, and that's why I wouldn't go for Gucci if I'm looking for a bag, a belt, or a wallet.
[snapback]376934[/snapback]​
It's funny you should say that, because here in America, everyone has LV (mostly fakes, of course :wacko: ). I counted 12 fake LV bags in 30 minutes sitting outside a classroom at a local community college.

Today I saw 6 boys at college with fake Gucci belts.

Originally posted by ahhGucci@Oct 8 2004, 11:22 AM
Today I saw 6 boys at college with fake Gucci belts.
[snapback]390286[/snapback]​
Never seen that. Come to think of it, I've never even thought about fake Gucci belts existing.

I just saw a bunch of Gucci belts on Overstock.com. Are they fake? How do you spot a fake belt?

Sorry for getting off topic here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->