Gwen Stefani HARAJUKU LOVERS line

Oh pleae, we don't have to take everything so serious! It's entertainment and it's fun! I agree on what Lucky Star said, Gwen only talked in a positive way about the whole Harajuku-thing, and we are all grown-up enough to see that the whole perspective on it is tongue-in-cheek and with a wink instead of degrading. I'm quite curious to see the Harajuku Lovers-line.

EbayFashionista said:
I heard it was going to be carried in *gasp* sanrio stores, as well as higher end stores, but I haven't seen it yet. That's why I was curious what it looks like.

Doesn't it seem like Gwen seems to have her fazes where she's obsessed with certain styles? For awhile it was Indian and she wore the little sparkle on her forehead and dressed in saris. For awhile it was punk, for awhile it was rasta-farian. Now its Japanese....whatever!

Yeah--total Madonna-be! Haha!

I haven't seen it yet, or even knew she was planning to release a Harajuku-inspired clothing line, but I don't think I even need to see to picture what that montrosity will look like. :shock:

I agree that Gwen does go through phases, but I find this one (her music, especially) obnoxious. I would have never guessed that she is 36.

Haven't seen the line, can't say I'm not interested. I do find the phase she's in now interesting. I do like her album, I think some valid points have been raised. I think LuckyStar summed-up her music very well...at least to me. I like that sings about what she experiences, although "holla back girl" is really annoying- sorry to any hard-core fans.

Oria said:
although "holla back girl" is really annoying
Isn't that kinda the point? That's why I like it. :lol: It's so bad and obnoxious, it's good.

EbayFashionista said:
I heard it was going to be carried in *gasp* sanrio stores, as well as higher end stores, but I haven't seen it yet. That's why I was curious what it looks like.

Doesn't it seem like Gwen seems to have her fazes where she's obsessed with certain styles? For awhile it was Indian and she wore the little sparkle on her forehead and dressed in saris. For awhile it was punk, for awhile it was rasta-farian. Now its Japanese....whatever!

She has also had illusions of being Ska, once looked like a rap hoochie, and old hollywood starlette, and in the begining she looked kinda grundge rock.

I really like Gwen Stefani and much of the new album. Harajuku is a district in Japan where a bunch of younger japanese people dress up in different styles, lolita, etc. Its purely about expression, and cute attention getting outfits. To say she "perverted" the concept is a little out there. Stefani is a wealthy women and I'm sure travels the world quite a bit, what doubt is there that she gets inspired by different cultures ? She has been a presence in the music industry for more than 10 years, an industry where you can't become stale.

So she has japanese back up dancers ? Whats the big deal ? "Taking advantage of them ?" Please. I'm sure there more than compensated for just looking cute.

nicely said. i think its a rarity to even see asians in the business. she doesnt treat them like dolls, they almost make fun of "posses" that rappers have with them constantly. she is not taking advantage of anyone. people love her because she is constantly reinventing. no one wants to see/hear the same old stuff for decades! i applaud her for doing all that she has done. if you dont like it, then dont pay attention to it!

Err, Gwen couldn't match up to maddona in any way whatsoever.

i've only just discovered this collection, and i love it! so cute!!

http://www.harajukulovers.com/

1062.jpg

pic from harajuku lovers website as above

evexa said:
Err, Gwen couldn't match up to maddona in any way whatsoever.

agreed! madonna is style-less. her line for h&m was uncalled for. she is not a stly icon. she looks freaky, the only credit that I give her is when she said she was wearing Gucci Gucci Gucci. but ppl only paid attention cause the clothes made her look good and ppl want to look good. if anyone wants to look like her...get your head examined.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oreo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->