Gwen Stefani's new Harajuku Line...

actually..i think the t shirts are pretty cute...anyway, we should remember it's targeted towards teens, so i would say they're not targeted to the general population of the people who read these forums...also, as "ugly" as they may be, they are much better looking than many celeb collections, ex:

sweetface
jlo
jessica simpson's new line
eve's fetish...etc...ick..

Oh boy. I hate the tee althou I'm a teenager.
So cheap. Some of her L.A.M.B are so nice and I really like them but this is jush, yeah, ICK.

so, i still like it a LOT. (and i'm not even a teenager........but a fan of gwen, so maybe that's why? lol, no that IS why...and i loved the artwork for her album, which the line is based on..)
my order will be coming in on Wednesday..so if anyone is interested, i can post about it, lol...but it seems no one really is..

personally, i'm interested to see the quality. the company has been said to have a VERY strict quality control dept., unlike L.A.M.B which is prone to problems (i don't think i could list the number of problems i've heard about with certain pieces in this post without it being REALLY long...)
so i think it would be hilarious if this line ends up being better quality than the 'higher end' l.a.m.b stuff (i think it just might be, too.....), even if it is much more juvenile in design.....

but hey, it's just basically glorified artist merchandise...i didn't expect it to be masterful in design....

stuff coming in august or fall/winter:
Women's Bottoms:
womens_bottoms.jpg

Women's Hoodies:
womens_hoodies.jpg

Women's 'Intimates':
intimates.jpg

Men's line:
MENS.jpg

Baby Line:
baby.jpg

Girl's Line:
girls.jpg

eh, i think it's all adorable.:innocent:

That zip up hoodie in the Girl's Line looks cute but it is only a cartoon version...

i dont understand this japanese fixation of hers either....
it almost seems disrespectful, IMO...
taking hold of a culture and a style and maximizing profit...
smart, perhaps?....
but respectful?...i dont know..

i personally dont find it appealing...
far too 'cartoon-ish' and cheap....
but i'm sure there are young kids out there who will eat it up!...
and good for them.....its funky and young, i guess...
and gwen is having fun with it...

but i must say this entire harajuku thing of hers is boring me...
re-inventing yourself and having fun with your interests is one thing...
but she's put me off with this latest round of japanese obsession...

:unsure: :innocent:

she is proof that singers need to leave that to the fashion designers...:yuk:

As much as I like Gwen and even didn't mind her copying Vivienne Westwood classics for her LAMB line, this is just a step too far.

I think all of the items look tacky. Who really wants to wear slogans like 'This S*** is banana's' on their top. :unsure:

FashionFix said:
Yuck on the t-shirts--I wonder what the shoes are supposed to look like, she is supposed to have shoes under the label Love.

Whatever!

Are the LAMB shoes that are sold at Kitson the same ones that will be included in this line?

I didn't want to get sick of her, I really didn't.

Petite Coquette said:
Are the LAMB shoes that are sold at Kitson the same ones that will be included in this line?

as far as i know, there are no shoes in the harajuku lovers line (but everything else)
the only shoes she's doing are the LAMB shoes (which are the ones sold at Kitson) with Royal Elastics, and they'll becoming out with men's versions of the shoes later on....

I suppose I have my expectations set too high. Is it really that hard to make an "affordable" and "young" line, with out it looking like crap?

adorefaith said:
i dont understand this japanese fixation of hers either....
it almost seems disrespectful, IMO...
taking hold of a culture and a style and maximizing profit...
smart, perhaps?....
but respectful?...i dont know..

i personally dont find it appealing...
far too 'cartoon-ish' and cheap....
but i'm sure there are young kids out there who will eat it up!...
and good for them.....its funky and young, i guess...
and gwen is having fun with it...

but i must say this entire harajuku thing of hers is boring me...
re-inventing yourself and having fun with your interests is one thing...
but she's put me off with this latest round of japanese obsession...

:unsure: :innocent:

i agree with you, in theory, but i would suggest that she is not necessarily disrespectful, but rather stupid. the superlovers / lovers rock name rip off is only the beginning. literally EVERY "design" is a rip off of a superlovers, bettys blue, x-elle, x-girl, or similar label piece. gwen has a fundamental misunderstanding of the cutie culture...

now suburban teenage girls can play dress-up and pretend they are being photographed for "fruits."

oh, i had not noticed the drawstring sweat bottoms - perfect for undergrads...dont forget your flip-flops!!!

fundamental misunderstanding...
sounds about right...

good to hear your opinions, sir...
:wink:

I think she has an obsession with harajuku girls. Well no, this is actually quite apparent.

Also, there is something highly unsettling about someone who sings about "cleaning out vivan westwood in their galliano gown." For who in their right mind goes shopping in evening wear...?

well.......i am interested in the line, so agirlcalledk1ll, when u get ur order in, i would like to hear about it :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->