Halle Berry and Gabriel Aubry Split

Halle Berry Believes In The "One-Drop Rule"

halleracestuffisnuts.jpg

Aaaand we're back to wading through this mess of insanity and fuc*ery again. Several sources have already branded Gabriel Aubry as the winner of Miss Aryan Nation 2010 by saying he flips his white hood whenever somebody refers to his daughter Nahla as black. If these sources are telling the truth, then I guess Gabriel's inner David Duke is raging like all hell this morning, because Halle Berry believes that Nahla is black. In case you're not keeping track of what Nahla checks as race on the Census, she's technically 25% black and 75% white.

In the March issue of Essence magazine (via TMZ), Halle gives a subtle "fuc* you" to the rumors that Gabriel thinks his daughter is white by saying that Nahla is black. Halle said, "I feel she's Black. I'm Black and I'm her mother, and I believe in the one-drop theory."

The definition of the one-drop theory from Wiki:

The one-drop rule was put into law in the twentieth century, for instance in Virginia under the Racial Integrity Act of 1924 (following the passage of similar laws in numerous other states). Despite the strictures of slavery, in the antebellum years free people could have up to one-eighth to one-quarter African ancestry (depending on the state) and be considered legally white.[2] Community acceptance, carrying out community responsibilities, and appearance were often the most important factors if a person's racial status were questioned.

We can argue about the "She's black! She's white!" mess all day long. There will always be people shouting that she's white. There will always be people shouting that she's black. There will always be people shouting that she's bi-racial. And there will always be people shouting that she's full lioness (include me in this group). Whatever. Being bi-racial myself, when people ask me what I am, I just tell them I'm 100% cun* sl*t. It keeps things simple.

Meanwhile, Gabriel and Halle need to go back to their padded room and scratch at each other about this issue some more. Make sure you blare "Black or White" through the speakers while they do that. Because if they keep fighting about this shi*, Nahla is truly going to be full fuc*ed up.
Dlisted

Last edited by a moderator:
Her comment about the One-drop rule is a little rude and somewhat ignorant.
Especially considering she's bi-racial herself and Halle's white mother raised her.
You would think she would want her daughter to appreciate all parts of her heritage.

But I think at this point, Halle is just mad and doesn't care how nasty things get.

all this is rather disturbing/sad/didn't need to go this way, poor nahla i am on her side and after this statement from halle i support gabriel on his fight to be officially recognized as her father because HE IS!

I have REALLY been shocked by how dirty this split has been. Most of all though, I'm disappointed in Halle. I used to be such a fan, but not anymore. The whole dirt throwing has brought her down in my book, shows that she has no class.

I've worked with people going through divorce sufficiently enough that I know people (both parties) love to exaggerate and stretch things and be vindictive for no reason, etc but at least most keep it private and limit the exposure to the court room. Halle decided to let the whole world in on it and it's not doing her any favor.

I'm no saying Gabriel is a saint (well he might be, I don't know either of them) but at least he's keeping it classy and not going down to Halle's level in this whole thing. But I just feel bad for the little girl, poor thing. :(

I have REALLY been shocked by how dirty this split has been. Most of all though, I'm disappointed in Halle. I used to be such a fan, but not anymore. The whole dirt throwing has brought her down in my book, shows that she has no class.

I've worked with people going through divorce sufficiently enough that I know people (both parties) love to exaggerate and stretch things and be vindictive for no reason, etc but at least most keep it private and limit the exposure to the court room. Halle decided to let the whole world in on it and it's not doing her any favor.

I'm no saying Gabriel is a saint (well he might be, I don't know either of them) but at least he's keeping it classy and not going down to Halle's level in this whole thing. But I just feel bad for the little girl, poor thing. :(
there's some statistic, and i dunno if it only applies for my country or it was measured in universal way, but it said that over 89% of all accusations put out during the separation/divorce process from both sides turn out to be false.

I always heard she was crazy, but this baby drama proves she has a screw loose. To unleash friends, on and off the record, to slander the father of her child in such a malicious way is the work of someone disturbed and incapable of seeing their actions clearly. I'm willing to bet Gabriel has his faults, but he's not Charlie Sheen.

I agree. And even if all the rumors are false, her track record speaks for itself. She seems to always have amazing amounts of drama in her life regardless of who she's dating/married to. It's unfortunate that a child is now involved.

Halle is making herself look bad to be honest. I bet she just wanted to have a baby and not a father. A sperm bank would've been a better option since she has the money and resources for it.

And I'm not buying the story that Gabriel will scream that Nahla is white. If anything he'd say that she's mix.

^ too late Halle, a lot of people think you've got issues now!

Halle Berry And Gabriel Aubry Have Put Down Their Shanks

gabrielhalleberryfight1.jpg

The "He said ('she's a jealous b*tch with the middle name CRAZY'), She said ('he's a racist child abuser')" battle between Gabriel Aubry and Halle Berry has been put to bed for now. It all started when Halle issued a statement saying that she didn't trust her daughter Nahla around Gabriel. Then an explosion of messy shi* flew all over the place and "unnamed sources" from each side put their fightin' words on stage. But now Radar is saying Halle and Gabriel have both cooled their overheated anuses in a punch bowl full of ice cubes and have agreed to act like reasonable adults.

Another one of those unnamed sources tells Radar that Halle realized that the only mess she wants to be known for creating is Catwoman, so she will not try to get sole physical custody of Nahla and is going to try to play as nice as possible from now on. Halle and Gabriel are now speaking to each other instead putting on their "unnamed source" masks and talking to the media. The source went on to say, "Gabriel and Halle even resumed talking again last week, and it seems that Halle is going to be making it easier for Gabriel to spend time with Nahla, which has been a sticking point between the two up till now. Hopefully this is the start of the two of them being able to form some kind of workable co-parenting relationship for the sake of their daughter. Halle is determined to do whatever is best for Nahla."

This sucks for those of us who lick on messy drama like it's covered in penis veins, but this is good news for Nahla who was thisclose to getting snatched by Zazu and taken to the pride lands to be raised by some sensible hos for a change. Oh, well. At least we can always count on Mad Mel and OctoSana to keep the fuc*ery levels high.
dlisted

Good. They now realize all that mud slinging was not in their daughter's best interest.

from TMZ:
Halle Berry's baby daddy tried creating a "Sophie's Choice" for her -- earn a living, or be with her baby ... and that's why Halle went to court Wednesday and kicked his butt.

Sources connected with the former couple tell TMZ ... Gabriel Aubry told Halle he would not let her take Nahla to New York City to shoot a movie. We're told Halle agreed to put Gabriel up in a fancy hotel during the 1-week shoot so he could be with the kid, but he said no.

Gabriel -- who isn't working right now -- responded this way: "Why do I have to follow her? She can leave [Nahla] here."

TMZ broke the story ... a Los Angeles County Superior Court judge ruled Wednesday that Halle could take the baby with her.

Friends of Halle say Gabriel knew what he was signing up for when he impregnated her and he's just acting out of spite.

Halle -- who dropped out of the film, "New Year's Eve" to battle Gabriel in court -- was offered another role in the flick and that's why she's going to NYC. We're told she'll take the trip in 2 weeks.

But the battle isn't over. Halle has other films in the works, and she expects Gabriel will continue to cause problems.

and from team Gabriel, caugh, sorry i meant Radaronline:
Gabriel Aubry will be following Halle Berry to New York after a Los Angeles judge ordered that the Canadian-born model be granted visitation rights to see his daughter Nahla, RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned.
PHOTOS: Halle Berry & Daughter Nahla At The Beach
Halle's attorney called an emergency hearing Wednesday to obtain permission for the 44-year-old Oscar winning star to travel out of state with the two-and-a-half-year-old.
The judge granted Halle's request, but stipulated that the actress must allow her ex-boyfriend to spend time with his daughter while she is there.
As we first reported, the child custody battle between the pair has soothed with a stop-gap resolution reached.
While the documents in the family law case are sealed, court records showed that the judge dismissed the child custody and support petition filed six weeks ago by Gabriel.
A source close to the situation tells RadarOnline.com that Gabriel will be traveling to New York, on his own dime, to spend as much time with Nahla as permitted while Halle films a new movie.
She rejoined the cast of the ensemble romantic comedy New Year's Eve after pulling out of the project last month to fight the case.
PHOTOS: Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez Get Ready For The Holidays
At that time, Katherine Heigl stepped in and replaced Berry.

Gabriel Aubry Is Putting His Career On Pause For Halle Berry

halleberrygabrielnyc.jpg

Seen here wearing an old costume from a community theater production of Dracula at the Annual Costume Designers Guild Awards in Beverly Hills last night, Halle Berry is getting ready to pack up the crazy and drag her Lion King baby all the way to New York to shoot a few scenes for the movie New Year's Eve. This is the same movie that Halle dropped out of because Gabriel Aubry didn't want to travel for her job anymore. But Halle took another role in the movie after a judge ruled that she can take Nahla to NYC. Gabriel is coming too, but he's not exactly farting out bubbles of happiness over it. That's what a "source" tells Radar.

The source says that Gabriel has taken out a 2-month lease for a NYC apartment so that he can care for Nahla while Halle is on set. Gabriel is going to be making a pretty boy pouty face the entire time, because he has put his career on hold so that Halle can do this shi*. The source explains, "He has put his career temporarily on ice, cancelled a couple of projects he had booked, and plans on concentrating full time on being with Nahla. The agreement at the moment is that Gabriel will be primary caregiver to Nahla during the time Halle is working, but nothing is set in stone, or agreed in writing, so we will have to just see how that goes. He really wanted Nahla to stay behind in LA with him while Halle went to New York, but she wouldn't allow that, so he is uprooting and moving there to be with her."

Slap me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Gabriel write "WORLD CLASS SUPERMODEL/sperm donor/devastatingly gorgeous man piece" under occupation on his tax forms? If that's the case, then he's obviously making a major sacrifice by temporarily moving to NYC. You know, because everybody knows that NYC is the worst place for models. Real life is like Models, Inc. All the major modeling jobs are in Los Angeles. Oh, how I miss Models Inc.

Gabriel is crazy for bitching about caring for his daughter in a fancy NYC apartment for two months. And Halle is crazy for causing this drama so that she can take a small role in the damn sequel to Valentine's Day! Crazy b*tches, the both of 'em.
dlisted

Why don't they just hire a nanny? All this drama is unnecessary.

news i guess..

Halle Berry visits the Pacific Design Center on Tuesday (June 28) in West Hollywood, Calif.
Earlier in the day, the 44-year-old actress went to family court, claiming her ex, Gabriel Aubry, violated the custody agreement over their 3-year-old daughter Nahla.
Documents submitted by her lawyer “go into great detail about Gabriel’s parenting skills,” TMZ reports.
Gabriel was not in court and a judge reportedly set a hearing for a later date.
The day before, Halle picked up Nahla from school and took her out for a cool treat.
FYI: Halle is carrying Loewe’s Grey Metallic Gunmetal Viento 38 Lambskin Hobo Bag.

justjared.com

so they still haven't reached an agreement?

^I thought they had worked it out, but it appears Gabriel may not be sticking to his side of the agreement.

Halle seems so petty with this whole thing. And really cunning, from what it seems, obviously I don't know the whole story.

I would love to know what these incidents are...if it's all petty BS, then I hope the judge recommends that she seeks professional help because this kind of petty behavior will really make for a terrible childhood for Nahla. Having one parent bad mouth the other constantly is damaging.

Who really knows what's going down. The consensus here is that Halle's at fault but, Gabriel is no saint either. I hope Nahla comes out of this relatively unscathed.

There's a picture of him picking their daughter up from school yesterday or the day before, the caption says she claimed in court that he's neglecting their daughter. Poor kid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->