Hangers - What Kind Do You Use? Are You A Hanger Snob?

Mettchen, how great are those! ^_^
I'm shamed to say mine are totally mismatched & mostly plastic...I really should get more organized. I try to keep our closets quite neat with the clothes sorted by color (mostly black anyway) but the best organized wardrobe in our house is definitely my little girls' ~ she has only pretty wooden hangers & matching painted chest: )

pLNT-1060508_group_dt.jpg

five bucks for a 24 back :cool:

aquarius_21 said:
Could I ask, what do you mean by "are you a hanger snob"?? :blush:

Hmm... well, I suppose I mean are you very opinionated about what the best type of hanger is and does it actually bother you to not use those hangers. (Though I realize one might be treading dangerously close to phobia territory.) :D

i'm embarrassed. mine are mostly the wire kind that i've had for a million years.

Hehehe, thanks!! :wink:

It doesn't really bother me to not use the hangers that I use... But the reason I use them really is cos I'm a neat freak and like how the hangers look and match each other and just makes everything look tidy... :D

I must admit I am a bit of a hanger snob.:blush: I use all wood hangers. I just cant see the point of spending thousands of dollars on clothing just so they can hang on metal or plastic. My wood hangers do not match though. Most are stolen from stores friends or hotels.

This topic made me laugh! I am also really picky about hangers!! :lol: All dark wood and they all have to match. My mother wanted to kill me when I insisted on shipping dozens of hangers when I had to temporarily relocate from NYC to Monaco. Thankfully I've found a great store here in Monte Carlo that sells beautiful wood hangers at reasonable prices! :heart:

masquerade said:
five bucks for a 24 back :cool:

I can beat that. 12 for a dollar at!!! woo hoo!!! I'm in no way a hanger snob, but I do like all my hangers to match and it bugs me if one is different. Also, I use those plasic ones, but all mine are in black. I also like to keep things organized and color coordinated. We're also in the process of getting our apt. finished so things aren;t as organized as I'd like them to be, but when its done it will be super organized the way I like it. I cant stand for things not to be uniform.

~Sher~

Last edited by a moderator:
Sher said:
I can beat that. 12 for a dollar at!!! woo hoo!!! I'm in no way a hanger snob, but I do like all my hangers to match and it bugs me if one is different. Also, I use those plasic ones, but all mine are in black. I also like to keep things organized and color coordinated. We're also in the process of getting our apt. finished so things aren;t as organized as I'd like them to be, but when its done it will be super organized the way I like it. I cant stand for things not to be uniform.

~Sher~

I second that. :D

mb117 said:
I must admit I am a bit of a hanger snob.:blush: I use all wood hangers. I just cant see the point of spending thousands of dollars on clothing just so they can hang on metal or plastic. My wood hangers do not match though. Most are stolen from stores friends or hotels.

Ha! (I'm envisioning you with a complete set of little curtain rod circle thingys to fit the pointy ball-pin hangers into.)
:P

hangers_hotel.jpg

Sher said:
but I do like all my hangers to match and it bugs me if one is different

i'm the exact same way too. all my hangers must be uniform and equal!! that means i must buy all my wooden hangers from ikea now:rolleyes:

Under no circumstances do I use wire ones but I use different hangers for different clothes. Cotton shirts, work shirts and casual dresses go on plastic hangers. Some skirts go on those plastic ones with the clips. Coats and jackets go on wooden hangers. And now that I'm at home with my parents, I get padded satin hangers for delicate things like strappy dresses and chiffon/silk things.

I use only light wooden hangers for my clothing....all matching.....but I hang my lingerie and intimates on various padded satin hangers.....as well as cashmere and silk delicates.

Melisande said:
What's the best way to hang nice trousers?

I think the little wooden "pinch" hangers where you clamp the ends of the trousers and they hang upside down are best ...

Thanks, Baizilla and Ta-ta!!

I have those, they're fine with tweed and such but they leave marks on the delicate wool trousers...maybe the hangers aren't good quality? Or do you cushion the clips with bits of fabric? Wow, I never knew you should hang them upside down, as opposed to by the waist...what's the reason for this?

So many questions...:blush: Thanks in advance!
:flower:

(bedbathandbeyond.com)

Melisande, these are similar to what I have:

As you can see, no clips--the whole thing is one big clamp. Mine don't leave any marks. Mine are solid wood with "texturing" on the inside that makes a grip, and the whole hanger is varnished. I believe these pictured have a rubber grip on the inside. Have you tried these?

Oooh, those are perfect, Fashionista-ta. No, I've never tried them but now I certainly will be on the lookout. Thank you! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->