Haute couture F/W 2011/2012 schedule

According to their websites:

• Basil Soda will be showing his haute couture collection on Tuesday, July 5 at 5:30 p.m. at 149 Rue Saint Honore.

• Georges Chakra will show his haute couture collection today (July 4) at 4 p.m. at Palais de la Decouverte, Avenue Franklin Roosevelt.

I can't find out when Zuhair Murad or Georges Hobeika are showing their haute couture collections. The four Lebanese designers are not part of the official calendar but are generally worth keeping an eye on.

Last edited by a moderator:
chaucer thank you for that infos :flower: I watch Basil Soda's and Georges Chakra's shows just because of casting and cause usually one of my fav model is there, but I always have hard time finding good images from that shows.

Chanel Preview

Wedding gossip, diamonds, and dancing were the talk of the Chanel studio on Sunday night—great fuel for firing up the beginning of Paris Haute Couture Week. Karl Lagerfeld was just back from the royal proceedings in Monte Carlo, while Amanda Harlech had somehow achieved the feat of taking part in both Kate Moss's wedding in Gloucestershire and the Monaco nuptials in two days flat. Tired? Of course not! There were fittings to attend to, and the little matter of moving a vast set, depicting the Place Vendôme in neon lights, in the Grand Palais for Chanel's Tuesday night couture spectacular.
Nothing was escaping Lagerfeld’'s eagle eye. "Bring me that," he said, zeroing in on a snap fastening on a speckled gray-and-white tweed jacket. "Can we put pearls around it? More couture, no?" The collection taking shape, he said, "is a play on masculine-feminine—pairings of straight up-and-down silhouettes, versus curvy ones, cut from the same fabric." The spirit of Chanel will symbolically look down on it all, from a statue of Coco placed atop a stage-rendering of the Place Vendôme column. Would she recognize any of the proceedings below? Well, definitely the shape of the hats—boaters—but pushed to the back of the head, in tweed. Lagerfeld's twist is in the trim—fluff of ostrich-feathers and the genius addition of a strip of lace, slipped under the hair, to veil the eyes. "It's very Coco Chanel," Lagerfeld said. "But she never did it that way."
vogue.com

^ the Chanel sample is very tantalizing! I have a bit more hope in Karl's couture collection this season now than his previous couture collection.

The preview silhouette is really beautiful, I love the boots paired with a classic Chanel suit. Definitely excited now.

There is a chance that a statue of Coco Chanel standing on the column above the runway may look a tad tacky.

I have high hopes for Chanel this season. I want to see a change from his recent couture collections.

But the show I am dying to see is Elie Saab as usual lol

Giorgio Armani Privé - Haute Couture Fall Winter 2011 full show is up on youtube !!
Credit to FataleFashion :flower:

Loved most of the collection this season. I wasn't sure about Chanel, when I finally got to see it, but having watched a reply, I'm kind of liking it.

Oh by the way, you can see a recap of a lot of the collections here: http://www.youtube.com/user/ParisModesen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer:
I am not affiliated to AFP or that youtube account in any way. I just thought it would be fun to share with all.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elie Saab full show is up on youtube, credit once again to FataleFashion

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->