Hedi Slimane - Designer

^ Probably too soon?? I was in the boutique here this weekend and heard even the plants will completely change :wink: What could be wrong about a fig tree, I wondered? First they will go after everything that isn't nailed down for phase 1. And then phase 2, everything that is.

I don’t think Hedi has anything to do with it because the project must have started when Phoebe was still there and I think she left in January and Hedi only started in February.
And Hedi is known for doing things his way...

Yeah, I don't think it's Hedi's project either. Marble aside, it's a bit too colorful and bit rustic for his taste. :P On a related note, WWD reported that the first men's boutique could be open as early as Spring 2019, so it won't be long till we see the store concept he'll create for Celine.

Yeah, I don't think it's Hedi's project either. Marble aside, it's a bit too colorful and bit rustic for his taste. :P On a related note, WWD reported that the first men's boutique could be open as early as Spring 2019, so it won't be long till we see the store concept he'll create for Celine.

The Marble looks amazing !!! I really love it. I really want to know how's the boutique will be under Hedi's direction. Since the SLP store is sort of looks like a Dior Homme... lol

The Celine stores under Phoebe were special. I started the trend of "gallery store" with products are curated in the space rather just pieces on the shelves. I always enjoy going to their stores given it's very minimal, spacious but never feel cold. Something that was missing in all Heidi's SLP stores.

Hedi definitely redid everything at YSL to the chagrin of many, but to be honest, his skinny louche mannequins have a soft spot in my heart. He's one of the people i'm okay with doing the same things. Even Anthony's collection at SLP just recently, I saw a lot of parallels to Dior Homme Hedi with the scarves and model casting. At any rate Hedi first and foremost needs to make stuff that sells, since I doubt there are many bosses out there benevolent enough to spend their own money to fund 'pure visions'. Money and art are not always mutually exclusive, but sometimes, they really are.

In April 2016, Hedi Slimane revealed that, after a rollicking four-year tenure marked by his compulsive and convulsive rewriting of the house’s most revered codes, he was leaving Saint Laurent. Then, in January of this year, the news broke that Slimane was heading to Céline to replace the departed Phoebe Philo—another seismic jolt to the system, one amplified by the briefest of statements (Slimane has long been a man of few words but many actions) outlining that in addition to women’s collections there would also be, for the first time, a Céline collection for men, as well as haute couture in due course—or his version of it, at least.

Though these two events both occurred within 24 months, given the hyperspeed at which everything turns these days you might as well count the time elapsed in light-years. The political and cultural metamorphoses—and all that reordering of hierarchies and taste and beauty—that have touched us all have left Slimane eager to return to the fray. “Current evolutions make me want to focus, commit, and engage even more,” he says. “There is, besides, a really inspiring generation coming out.”

This is quintessential Slimane: a headlong rush into newness powered by the youthful energy fomenting in the world. “It’s quite liberating to see how new aesthetics can transcend preconceived ideas and conventions,” he adds. “It is important not to fall for generic or fake postures of progress, but rather to question a status quo, to have a clear and distinct voice.”

And what of Slimane’s voice, one of the most clear and distinctive out there: How has his time away altered its timbre? That initial announcement aside, Slimane still has his finger pressed to his lips as to what, exactly, his Céline will look like, and so his debut show, to be held during the Paris spring 2019 collections, will deliver that rarest of things in fashion today: a genuine surprise. Yet it seems that he’s feeling the ground shift under his feet. For one thing, Los Angeles, whose sonic and aesthetic landscapes helped shape his vision for Saint Laurent, is being reevaluated.

“There is clearly a change, a certain edge that feels disturbing,” he says of his adopted hometown. “I’m always attached to the idea of California, but recently less so to the city of Los Angeles. I don’t feel comfortable with the evolution over the last few years—too many people have moved in; we have seen entire neighborhoods destroyed by speculation and developers. Something untouched, mysterious, and magical has gone.” Instead, this serial nomad, who has also lived in Berlin and London, is gazing back to France. “Clearly, the political shift has changed the dynamics of the city and the country in general,” Slimane says. “It has definitely moved my focus toward Paris.”—Mark Holgate

HEDI_VOGUE.JPG

4F81AB4500000578-6111917-image-a-171_1535575443190.jpg

confirmed by Pierre A. M'Pele (in his instagram account), a correspondent of Dansk Magazine.

Major. So much buzz around Hedi’s first collection for Céline. Comng Soon.

Céline Bag
Vintage Alaïa Leather Trench
Jimmy Choo Shoes
45E885B1-D2E3-482C-98D3-37A41A13C651.jpeg 39349FC7-5BA2-4187-AA91-7AC326AAC2EE.jpeg
source | hypebeast

Cute bag maybe slightly reminiscent of Thom Browne’s signature bag. A bit classic and mature. I think it’s indicative of a more mature direction...
And the coat is part of the Re-release of Alaïa’s past designs.

Was a thread necessary for a bag? Lol

Cute bag maybe slightly reminiscent of Thom Browne’s signature bag. A bit classic and mature. I think it’s indicative of a more mature direction...
And the coat is part of the Re-release of Alaïa’s past designs.

Was a thread necessary for a bag? Lol

One part of me wants to be optimistic and I'm hoping for a more mature direction. I am hoping for a nod to his Rive Gauche days but I don't think his handbags are indicative of anything.

I just want some glamorous clothes again.

^^
In fact, he said something to that extend on his Vogue US profile.
We’ll discover it soon...

Not bad, but seems derivative to me. (I wasn't thinking Thom Browne, but IMO not a tremendously impressive reference to evoke.) Celine bags represented a new direction. I question whether existing customers will be interested, but perhaps it doesn't matter. They'll still be able to buy the classic designs, so that should retain them for awhile at least ...

Hedi’s Céline handbag is Lady Gaga’s only job until A Star Is Born premieres at Cannes.

Hedi’s Céline handbag is Lady Gaga’s only job until A Star Is Born premieres at Cannes.

Talk about milking the hype! :lol: It's so desperate of her, which of course isn't much of a surprise. Other than A Star is Born, there's not really much going for Germanotta, is there?

Anyway, I don't think the bag will evolve into the it-bag of the season. Too basic. Let's wait for Gucci.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->