Hedi Slimane - Designer

I seem to remember reading in a few different articles that the goal was €2-3 million and that they did meet the goal. Don't remember where the articles were, though.

Surely Hedi did leave Celine because he has something bigger on the horizon: either be CHANEL, ARMANI or GUCCI: he’s been said to have moved in Milan. At least they are reporting
i cant imagine Hedi in Milan he already had issues with staying in Paris as it was not vibrant with a youth or underground scene, milan is even worse in the sense of vibrancy.

and honestly people would have been making pics of him on the street by now if not the paparazzi :-)

also Hedi is at his core interested in french couture houses but time will tell things could change. ... i just hope its Chanel and we can move on :-)

Would they announce the future arrival of a star designer when there's still another "designerless" collection (or several) to be released? Anything released between the announcement and Hedi's first collection would be drowned out by the inevitable Hedi discourse.

I think people at Chanel already have the candidate, I think they must be in endless negotiations with Hedi…

If it was Jacquemus, everything would’ve been so easy that they would’ve announced it already.
they indeed already have the candidate and it isn't Hedi or Jacquemus

Surely Hedi did leave Celine because he has something bigger on the horizon: either be CHANEL, ARMANI or GUCCI: he’s been said to have moved in Milan. At least they are reporting
i cant imagine Hedi in Milan he already had issues with staying in Paris as it was not vibrant with a youth or underground scene, milan is even worse in the sense of vibrancy.
I'm here for ÅRMAÑÏ Paris if that's what's in the works.

Ok , I get it now. Slimane has become a good-for-all token, like he can embrace the aesthetics of houses as different as Saint Laurent and Armani...whereas the truth is that, wherever he goes, he ignores the codes of the house (provided there are any) and does, quite simply, the only thing he's able to do, being himself (both in a good and a bad sense)
Can someone explain to me how do you think he can tackle Armani? I simply see it as water and oil coming together.

The Hedi Slimane women in the two houses were quite different to be fair. When you look at his last collections for Saint Laurent and Celine it’s clear that those two didn’t come from the same intent. Although you can still see Hedi’s fondness for animal prints and sequins—lots of them. He’s a much better womenswear designer at Celine even if a bit limited. He does take from houses’ history but filters it in his frankly strict and limited aesthetic.

He’s more guilty of seasonal repetition. Where you can barely tell this show from the last one. But if you look at it in years, there were shifts.

im sorry but whoever says his woman for saint laurent and celine are different are delusional. It's the same SLIMane woman, but theres progression. She didn't stay in her rock and roll era, she had new hobbies in Celine but her style was the same. Its really not a bad thing, Hedi has a strong pov the same way michele has and even tisci when he went to burberry and still had similarities to his givenchy woman. Hopefully he can find the perfect house to slimanify if he still wants to be in fashion. Gucci would be my choice atm.

Ok , I get it now. Slimane has become a good-for-all token, like he can embrace the aesthetics of houses as different as Saint Laurent and Armani...whereas the truth is that, wherever he goes, he ignores the codes of the house (provided there are any) and does, quite simply, the only thing he's able to do, being himself (both in a good and a bad sense)
Can someone explain to me how do you think he can tackle Armani? I simply see it as water and oil coming together.
One thing is fore sure, he will "revolutionize" menswear by replacing Armani's loose/relaxed-fit with his slim-fit.

The Hedi Slimane women in the two houses were quite different to be fair. When you look at his last collections for Saint Laurent and Celine it’s clear that those two didn’t come from the same intent. Although you can still see Hedi’s fondness for animal prints and sequins—lots of them. He’s a much better womenswear designer at Celine even if a bit limited. He does take from houses’ history but filters it in his frankly strict and limited aesthetic.

He’s more guilty of seasonal repetition. Where you can barely tell this show from the last one. But if you look at it in years, there were shifts.
When I look at his last womenswear Celine collection, I think about the visuals he did of Anja Rubik in the Saint Laurent salons or of the introduction of his Couture line at Saint Laurent. His Celine show at the concert whatever is Saint Laurent SS2016. His second Celine collection is similar in spirit to his prefall 2016 collection at Saint Laurent.

Change the shoes and his first Celine collection is his last Saint Laurent collection.

For someone who started womenswear only a decade ago, I think that we have seen everything already.

But, he is very sure of his aesthetic and I can appreciate that.

I would say that I prefer his Celine because overall it feels more grown as a whole. I always feel like he is dressing a groupie and I think that at Celine, more than at YSL, he made more attempts at dressing a woman in charge. I think FW2019, SS2020 and SS2025 are probably his best work.

I appreciate his Celine more because at some point, he went back to the spirit of the house. I don’t care about people going back to the archives, sleeping in them to just rehash old designs in a spirit that doesn’t match the ethos of the brand.

But he has a sensibility that can work in many contexts. It’s about sportswear and Couture everytime and he is a great stylist. And because he is so firm in his vision, we can almost be fooled.
I mean, clearly it’s working. People are willing to see the Armani woman turned into a groupie at the back room of some random rock concert.

It’s hard to see him at Armani, firstly because Giorgio just said he intends to retire in a couple of years’ time, not now, and secondly, while they have some similarities, their silhouettes and strengths are completely different. I like both designers, but I can throw on Armani without too much thought and still look good on holiday. Wearing Hedi is far more deliberate.

I think the Pinaults should do everything they can to woo him back. I would love to see him at Gucci; he has the right mix of glamour and convention. I might even be tempted to buy something from them, which I’ve never thought possible.

It’s hard to see him at Armani, firstly because Giorgio just said he intends to retire in a couple of years’ time, not now, and secondly, while they have some similarities, their silhouettes and strengths are completely different. I like both designers, but I can throw on Armani without too much thought and still look good on holiday. Wearing Hedi is far more deliberate.

I think the Pinaults should do everything they can to woo him back. I would love to see him at Gucci; he has the right mix of glamour and convention. I might even be tempted to buy something from them, which I’ve never thought possible.
Him back in Kering means FH Pinault has eaten his hat. Almost a public humiliation.
Let's see if he is that desperate, I know he his, he has his father and siblings on his shoulders, but that level of desperation, idk.

Him back in Kering means FH Pinault has eaten his hat. Almost a public humiliation.
Let's see if he is that desperate, I know he his, he has his father and siblings on his shoulders, but that level of desperation, idk.
Plus Sarah going to givenchy it will be too much

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REN1099
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->