Hedi Slimane - Photographer

butbeautiful

Reaction score
hedi slimane and hussein chalayan for photography

googled at know about hedi slimane has a couple of photography books till now. anyone has good stuffs about it?

and also heard that hussien chalayan has some photographs too. anyone are good at googling?

tried for the whole day but couldn't find much useful stuffs. it's only bits and pieces, here and there.

Hedi has several books out. "Stage", "Berlin" - I think those are the names. I didn't know Hussein did photography too - I'd be much more curious to see Chalayan's photography, as he is infinitely more conceptual and intelligent than Hedi (I can take my own pictures at rock concerts, thank you very much).

digging his photographic work more and more. anybody knows what kinda camera he's using? digital or film?

wow. its 35mm but i can be blowed up that big in the pages of V Magazine? how amazing. thanks d00888.

haven't really seen his photographs snaps before. all point and shoot..? anyone has related sites?

anyone notice the his name can be heidi slimane or hedi slimane?

so which one?

My expertise in etymology is limited to knowing that my Christian name means 'powerful ruler', however I think 'Heidi' is a Nordic girls' name, I have only ever seen Slimane's name spelt 'Hedi'.

There's something Freudian in the front page of his website saying 'enter Hedi Slimane', methinks.

PrinceOfCats said:
My expertise in etymology is limited to knowing that my Christian name means 'powerful ruler', however I think 'Heidi' is a Nordic girls' name, I have only ever seen Slimane's name spelt 'Hedi'.

yes his website may be Hedi but if you google for 'Heidi Slimane', there's still alot of articles or magazines using Heidi.

Compiled some of his flash into still-images. :D

hei041.jpg
hei030.jpg

hei042.jpg
hei036.jpg

hei043.jpg
hei044.jpg

hei038.jpg
hei029.jpg

hei022.jpg
hei018.jpg

- from www.hedislimane.com

Last edited by a moderator:
he's so andy warhol. he does art, creates superstars (chris ulyatt-model), made a band (superheroes?), photographs, makes money off of the drug culture image, he's skinny and mysterious....he's andy!

i love how he doesn't drive; keeps a jaguar on call and his driver wears dior.

i recently noticed that he is also responsible for the artwork of the babyshamble's album down in albion.

I looked thru it in a shop - and I think, u cant pick up any concrete image from it - its like an immersion in the atmosphere of stage and so on... nothin really extrodinary, actually, as a photography, but the poligraphy is good - its so heavy and shiny... so it adds smth to the whole impression of the work. i think its smth really personal, thats it

Ok I just wanted to know if there were pictures of Beck and Jack White together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Law
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->