Heidi Mount's Husband Accused of r*pe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saying from MY perspective that I wouldn`t report a r*pe that I didn`t have evidence for. Just think of the odeal the victim will have to go through! The humiliating process of questioning by doctors and police...and when it comes to a trial she`ll have to justify herself for even going along to the hotel room with a married man...

UNFORTUNATLY victims of r*pe are likely to be accused of "having provoked it".

And just think she`ll go through ALL THAT only to risk being caught lying!? Sorry, I just can`t picture ANY women doing that! (Especially not when a modelling career in public is at risk.)

There are women who have unfortunatly lied about being raped or being sexually assaulted.:neutral: Heidi's husband is still innocent until proven guilty .:neutral:

What a truly sad situation. The fact that they all know each other makes it far worse. The victim thought she could trust her safety with since she knows Shawn Mount. Heidi thought she could trust their husband. How horrible for both the r*pe victim and Heidi.

Means nothing until the results come back.

Don't assume anything. False allegations are made more often than people like to think.
Excuse me, but you really shouldn't be making claims like that without any sort of backup. Most studies put 8-10 percent of reported r*pe claims as false, with some being as low as 2 percent. Just because a man is cleared of charges doesn't mean the claim is false, as r*pe is one of the hardest cases to prove and the courts are often biased against women.

Further, 60% of rapes are never even reported, so if we are going to talk about the 8 percent of the 40 percent, then I wouldn't call that "often".

You can read more about it if you like at these links.

http://www.rainn.org/get-information/statistics/reporting-rates
http://www.slate.com/id/2231012/
http://www.ojp.gov/ovc/publications/infores/firstrep/2001/NCJ189631.pdf

There are women who have unfortunatly lied about being raped or being sexually assaulted.:neutral: Heidi's husband is still innocent until proven guilty .:neutral:

And there are women who have told the truth.

The post above this is very interesting.
Everyone should read it.
Thanks for all the information masquerade.

things are very uncertain at this point, and we should not accuse any of them until we have some evidence.

given the nature of the industry, i would not exclude the possibility that the model actually seduced the man in an attempt to ruin heidi's career.

either way, the boy made a bad mistake. hope it all resolves.

^ I agree with the first sentence of your post so I don't understand the second. We shouldn't be speculating on anything at this point, and certainly not on things like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel so bad for her. I can only imagine what is going through her mind at this time

things are very uncertain at this point, and we should not accuse any of them until we have some evidence.

given the nature of the industry, i would not exclude the possibility that the model actually seduced the man in an attempt to ruin heidi's career.

I honesty can't believe that you wrote this...........

This is a r*pe not a seduction. There is a big difference.

:lol:

Some possibilities:

1. He raped her

2. He wasn't even there

3. He was there, but didn't have any sexual relations with her

4. He was there and they had consensual sex

5. He was there and they were both drunk and she decided he took advantage of her

6. She seduced him as part of some Fatal Attraction intrigue

i guess this is law but i still don't understand why the alleged victim's identity is held secret while the supposed name of the r*pist is okay to be published anywhere and everywhere. his reputation is already ruined sadly, even if he is innocent, for just be associated with r*pe.

i just hope it gets resolved, for everyone.

There is so much wrong about this post. And describing a possible r*pe as just "a mistake". Being sexually assaulted can negatively impact someone's life forever.

And how would seducing Heidi's husband ruin Heidi's career anyway? Heidi and Shawn are not a public couple (like, say Natalia and Justin) and most people don't even know she is married with a child. And by the way, Heidi's career is not so crash hot at the moment anyway.

Following your first sentence, I would like to see some evidence that this unnamed model is an evil seductress before we accuse her of being one. Given that we seem to have none, we will probably have to continue to use our prejudices to construct the case for and against both of them, which sometimes seems to be going in the direction of a world where men make unfortunate mistakes, while women deliberately make themselves into career-ruining nuisances. But we will all see it from a different direction.

It's funny how even women defend men who are accused of being r*pists. Well, funny perhaps isn't the word I'm searching for...medieval and bloody stupid might be more appropriate. I just can't believe that some people are still caught up in that chauvinist culture where women are evil seductresses while men can do no wrong - even if they r*pe a woman, it's her own fault. And to see some women still having these opinions is quite puzzling.

"I would not exclude the possibility..." isn't quite suggesting that it's a woman's fault if she is raped. Zhaopian was simply stating that at this stage of public knowledge any number of things may have happened, one of which would be the movie scenario. One could easily find your "Heidi knows how to pick em" comment as presumptuous or more (except I don't: I think it's fair, as are Zhaopian's remarks.)

I honesty can't believe that you wrote this...........

This is a r*pe not a seduction. There is a big difference.

No one on this board knows for sure that it was either. An accusation has been made and evidence is being gathered. That's all we know.

It's funny how even women defend men who are accused of being r*pists.

Accused being the key word. At this point there are only two people in the world who know what really happened, and even they may have different perspectives on it.

Post #33 above basically covers it. There could be a few other possibilities also.

Just saying from MY perspective that I wouldn`t report a r*pe that I didn`t have evidence for. Just think of the odeal the victim will have to go through! The humiliating process of questioning by doctors and police...and when it comes to a trial she`ll have to justify herself for even going along to the hotel room with a married man...

UNFORTUNATLY victims of r*pe are likely to be accused of "having provoked it".

And just think she`ll go through ALL THAT only to risk being caught lying!? Sorry, I just can`t picture ANY women doing that! (Especially not when a modelling career in public is at risk.)

Being connected to law enforcement, I've seen several cases where the girl made an accusation she later recanted as false. Most of them were young girls who did something consensually, then out of fear of their parents finding out made accusations against the partner. It didn't take long for their cases to fall apart under scrutiny and trying to get the facts.

There have been some high profile cases in the news in the last few years also. Duke University was one I believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turbotastic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->