Heidi Mount's Husband Accused of r*pe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fall into the 'I tend to believe the accuser' category, especially if she has been seriously questioned by the police and examined. In this case, while I don't consider the wife of the accused a powerful figure in the fashion industry, she is definitely connected to powerful people and my guess is that, while the general public does not know who the accuser is beyond her age and rank, most fashion insiders probably know her identity and too often the attitude in fashion is "just bite the pillow and take it," so it is not an easy environment to make allegations of even mild misconduct.

HOWEVER, I really, really, REALLY wish that the press would not identify the accused until an indictment has been handed down or at least some kind of evidentiary hearing has been scheduled. If he is guilty, then there will be plenty of time to heap vitriol on him when that information comes to light. There are enough instances where serious allegations have been made of r*pe and other crimes have not panned out for me to not feel comfortable with knowing that someone that I know, in a tangentially celebrity kinda way, is the subject of a serious investigation.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ As to the young girls thing, that is one explanation, although perhaps not very plausible in this case, as the alleged victim is 24 years old.

It is true that women do occasionally make r*pe up, but as someone stated on the previous page, the figures are low. I'd like to echo The_Ida's sentiments in post #37; that I find it shocking that people try and explain away r*pe accusations and often cast the woman as a harlot or as a liar. A case like Duke University does not somehow add merit to an argument that someone in a completely separate incident is lying about being raped.

This is a 24 year old model. She is not some clueless young girl who hardly knows if she's had sex. I know what you're saying Echoes, I just think you're wrong to assume that every r*pe reported is a false report. It's not very likely, esp not for a 24 year old. At least not where I live.

I would be very hesitant to file a report on a sexual assault because I'd be afraid that people wouldn't believe me. Shame on those who file false reports, yes...but I think it's even worse to automatically believe that every girl who reports a sexual assault is lying through her teeth. It makes me sick. Who cares if some young stupid girl filed a false report, it's utterly irrelevant.

Accused being the key word. At this point there are only two people in the world who know what really happened, and even they may have different perspectives on it.
Sure. One is scarred for life, one isn't. If anyone says they have been raped, they should never be met with disbelief. Nothing good comes of it.

BUT I have to say that I agree with agee. It's completely unnecessary to throw the name of whoever is accused out in public as long as the investigation is ongoing. It just seems strange to me.

Who cares if some young stupid girl filed a false report, it's utterly irrelevant.
It isn't irrelevant if the accused's name is released to the media.

ETA:
BUT I have to say that I agree with agee. It's completely unnecessary to throw the name of whoever is accused out in public as long as the investigation is ongoing. It just seems strange to me.
:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just think you're wrong to assume that every r*pe reported is a false report.

Like I said, I'm keeping an open mind. These cases can go either way.

Like I said, I'm keeping an open mind. These cases can go either way.
Taking the alleged victim's age and job situation in mind, I don't think so. No one will EVER work with her again if this turns out to be a false report. This can only go one way, and it's not looking very good for Mount.

BTW it's really uncommon in DK to release the name of someone accused of r*pe, I really think this is super strange. Well, someone inside must be for sale...:blink: in DK it would have serious consequences for anyone who leaked the name of someone accused of, well anything, to the press, especially when no charges are filed

things are very uncertain at this point, and we should not accuse any of them until we have some evidence.

given the nature of the industry, i would not exclude the possibility that the model actually seduced the man in an attempt to ruin heidi's career.

either way, the boy made a bad mistake. hope it all resolves.

I will try to respond to this as level-headed as possible, because if I unleash my true feelings, I don't think my point will get across and I think its important to try to educate. r*pe is not a mistake. It is a violent crime that is about power and control.

As for evidence, unfortunately our culture has been raised on CSI where we believe that all crimes can be proved 100 percent. This is not true in the real world, especially in r*pe cases where much of the evidence is circumstantial and a he-said-she-said. Just because there is no hard evidence doesn't mean a crime did not occur. Further, if the police decided to arrest and charge him, they obviously felt they had enough evidence to do so. The victim doesn't owe it to the general public to show everyone her r*pe kit to prove to the masses that it happened.

It's funny how even women defend men who are accused of being r*pists. Well, funny perhaps isn't the word I'm searching for...medieval and bloody stupid might be more appropriate. I just can't believe that some people are still caught up in that chauvinist culture where women are evil seductresses while men can do no wrong - even if they r*pe a woman, it's her own fault. And to see some women still having these opinions is quite puzzling.

It really breaks my heart. We definitely live in a r*pe culture. It's no surprise that 60 percent of rapes are not reported. Who would want to be further victimized after the attack by being called everything from a liar to a manipulative seductress.

Post #33 above basically covers it. There could be a few other possibilities also.

Being connected to law enforcement, I've seen several cases where the girl made an accusation she later recanted as false. Most of them were young girls who did something consensually, then out of fear of their parents finding out made accusations against the partner. It didn't take long for their cases to fall apart under scrutiny and trying to get the facts.

There have been some high profile cases in the news in the last few years also. Duke University was one I believe?

Your anecdata doesn't hold up when statistics and academic studies suggest otherwise. Ok, so you have personal experience with a couple false claims, it still makes up a very small percent of actual reported cases. High profile cases like the Duke university one makes it seem more prevalent because the press focuses on it, but that is just because they don't focus on the thousands that don't go reported at all. Just because there is a lot of noise around one case doesn't make it representative of all cases.

i guess this is law but i still don't understand why the alleged victim's identity is held secret while the supposed name of the r*pist is okay to be published anywhere and everywhere. his reputation is already ruined sadly, even if he is innocent, for just be associated with r*pe.

i just hope it gets resolved, for everyone.

I understand that to be falsely accused of r*pe is something terrible, but these are measures meant to protect the victim, not the suspects. The suspects have the right to trial and whatnot, but there is no right to be anonymous. As you can see in this post, the comments regarding this woman range from dismissive to downright cruel. These are comments about a woman they don't know. The only thing they know about her is her age and possibly her profession. Who knows what people could or would intend to dig up on her if they knew her name. Withholding the name of victims helps encourage those to come forward because they won't be put out in the press. It protects their privacy when they have already been severely violated.

A man has been accused of r*ping a woman. That's pretty much the only solid fact we have that's relevent. I'm surprised that so many people are already picking sides based on that fact. It's definitely possible that he did r*pe her and that she's telling the truth. It's definitely possible that she's lying. It's also possible that the accusation was somewhere between a truth and a lie. We shouldn't be "picking sides" as of right now. Every case depends on variables, and and we don't really know any of them at the moment. Let's not accuse other people of things that we don't know they've done.

I can't decide if the r*pe apologists in here are extending the blind adulation and worship of models that abounds on TFS to include this chick's husband or if they actually believe that in cases where someone is accused of r*pe, initial sympathy should lie with the accused and doubt cast on the victim.

I also can't decide which is sadder.

I can't decide if the r*pe apologists in here are extending the blind adulation and worship of models that abounds on TFS to include this chick's husband or if they actually believe that in cases where someone is accused of r*pe, initial sympathy should lie with the accused and doubt cast on the victim.

I also can't decide which is sadder.

they're both really sad but I'm going to have to go with the latter. there are lots of people who believe that.

A man has been accused of r*ping a woman. That's pretty much the only solid fact we have that's relevent. I'm surprised that so many people are already picking sides based on that fact. It's definitely possible that he did r*pe her and that she's telling the truth. It's definitely possible that she's lying. It's also possible that the accusation was somewhere between a truth and a lie. We shouldn't be "picking sides" as of right now. Every case depends on variables, and and we don't really know any of them at the moment. Let's not accuse other people of things that we don't know they've done.

Thank you. We are still on the accusations and people are thinking about conspirational theories? Give it a break.

Due to the sensitive nature of the topic and accusation, and the fact that no more news will be released until a later date, the tFS mods have decided to lock this thread. When more news becomes available we will look into re-opening the thread. Thanks :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turbotastic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->