High School Students, How to Prepare For Fashion School

Welcome to tFS, say.it.in.silk! I merged your thread with the ongoing thread where there might already be some answers.

Also ... here's another thread about extracuricular activities to prep for fashion schoo ... which you might find interestingl.

Before starting any new thread, please do an advanced search for thread titles in the forum you are in. If you need help learning how to do that, there's information in the Member Support forum ... a thread entitled "Searching for Something?".

OH ... and I think that there might be a thread about what languages would be helpful to be in fashion ... try searching this Careers & Ecucation forum for thread titles with the key words: language, French, English, Italian and you should find it pretty easily.

need a little help!!!

Im about to get my ged in June and I wanted to know some tips on how I can get into a good fashion college for fashion design I'm not trying to reach the stars and go parsons so if you have any information that would be nice

Ps,and if u have any other tips on stuff that I can start doing now so when I get into college I"ll have some stuff down already that's will be nice to thanks so much

Hi, fashionboii17. We already have threads about fashion colleges and things you can do while in high school to get prepared for college. I do suggest that you work on your figure drawing and you will need a good portfolio of designs to get into any fashion college, even if it's not Parsons.

PS, Welcome to tFS. :flower:

Welcome to the Fashion Spot, fashionboii17!

I'll give you a little help about finding things in tFS. Use our search function (easiest to use the "Search this Forum" drop down link on the nav bar just above and on the right of the list of forums in the Careers, Education & Business forum) .... and seach titles only. We have all of our threads with "search friendly" titles (unlike this one, where you cannot tell what information you seek from the title) ... so you can use keywords like ...school schools admission admissions applying and anything else you can think of (like school names) that might work. Don't use the word "fashion" or that will bring up way too many threads. Use another word that might be used with it. We have threads about various fashion schools by name (only the really big, important ones), or by city (the main fashion cities) or by country or region ... like Austrailia, Mexico or Europe. You also need to know that the search function does not work on any words less than 4 letters so searching for something in NY ... you would have to type New York and for FIT you would be able to type in "technology" and find it (we rename our threads so that it's not just abbreviations because we know you won't be able to find them that way).

Here are a few about applying to fashion school, in general, that might be of interest to you:

High School Students, How to Prepare For Fashion School
Everything about Your Portfolio ... for Fashion School
How Important are Grades when Applying to to a Fashion School?
Should I take a Year/Time Off ... Between High School and College???
The "College Admissions" Thread (for all tfs seniors who are applying)

For information about specific schools in New York ... try searching for Parsons and FIT ("technology") and "New York" and you'll find those easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my friends is applying, deciding between a couple

One four-year program required that she had pretty good basic sewing skills
The school wants a portfolio of several items.. maybe a dozen.. pocket samples and also completely finished clothing, either using an altered commercial pattern or drafted from scratch

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->