High Waisted Jeans #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostinemotion

Reaction score
I always hear ( in nyc and london) how people want high waisted denim. I just can't figure out,what a flattering pair would be. I feel in general, people are stuck on the low-waisted. I think that if high waisted denim is executed right, it could potentially be cool. I think it would take alot of coaxing to get people to try on. Does anyone have any thoughts on high waisted? I feel it should go all out or not at all. Otherwise, it will look like your gran's.
Does anyone have pictures to post of hot denim high waisted. Also, what leg opening would be good?

I'm not so sure as to how I feel about this trend... but with regard to the leg opening, I'd say that a straight/skinny leg would be best.

High waist is making a MAJOR come back.... ...it's going to be HUGE this summer 06.... ..not only for jeans, but for skirts and pants in general...

finally moving away from all that tacky low waist non sense...

great thread lostinemotion!

I will try to post pics asap..... i know imitation of christ s/s 06 show were mostly those jeans... but they're pretty horrible! :yuk:

High waisted tapered capris would be amazing. Rockabilly 50's style anyone?

sssanguine said:
High waisted tapered capris would be amazing. Rockabilly 50's style anyone?
I am definitely feeling that! I was watching a movie today and think it looks so good...

Kimkhuu said:
High waist is making a MAJOR come back.... ...it's going to be HUGE this summer 06.... ..not only for jeans, but for skirts and pants in general...

finally moving away from all that tacky low waist non sense...

great thread lostinemotion!

I will try to post pics asap..... i know imitation of christ s/s 06 show were mostly those jeans... but they're pretty horrible! :yuk:
I agree Kimkhuu :heart:
I truly think people will think of the new high waist, and swallow it the way they do with the skinny jean. I know that even earlier this year, people were so against the skinny, but it did finally take over. The low waist is just so dull and tired.
I think that the IOC was pretty bad looking, it could be done even better than that I feel.
I hope to see some pictures of anything cool. :flower:

The one Chloe made a few seasons ago and sold like hotcakes was great because the double braided waistbands added interest and texture between the waist and hips, shortening it, which I think is a key element. If the area is completely smooth it could make you look long waisted, your stomach look bulgy, and your hips look low, flat and droopy...not pretty!

I thought that high waisted look would catch on much earlier but the skinny-leg stole the spotlight...

And yes, straight or wide leg are good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Melisande said:
The one Chloe made a few seasons ago and sold like hotcakes was great because the double braided waistbands added interest and texture between the waist and hips, shortening it, which I think is a key element. If the area is completely smooth it could make you look long waisted, your stomach look bulgy, and your hips look low, flat and droopy...not pretty!

I thought that high waisted look would catch on much earlier but the skinny-leg stole the spotlight...

And yes, straight or wide leg are good.
I know what you mean. I felt that was a good way to do it. I have always been afraid to try on, even the vintage type...for fear of the "long *** " LOL..It definitely needs something to break it up. :lol: :rofl:

Oh i loooooove the highwaist, I've always rocked it, and will never do a low waist. It helps if you've gotta linear bod for pants. But Leather high waisted tapered skirts are soooooooo damn hot!!

lostinemotion said:
...for fear of the "long *** " LOL..It definitely needs something to break it up. :lol: :rofl:

Loooo~~ng ***! Eww! :lol:

Oh yes, also the waist to hip area needs to be slim, not baggy, gathered OR pleated!

I personally believe high waisted pants, jeans or otherwise, look best wide-leg (with a properly fitted waist of course). I actually like pleats on such pants, a la Yohji Yamamoto or Raf Simons.

Fade to Black said:
I personally believe high waisted pants, jeans or otherwise, look best wide-leg (with a properly fitted waist of course). I actually like pleats on such pants, a la Yohji Yamamoto or Raf Simons.

I agree. I was about to edit and add "unless it's handled like Yohji" but was too lazy... :P Thanks for bringing it up!

please no! not a fan of any kind of what do they call them 'britney bumsters' whatever but what is worse is the people if this high waisted look comes through that will wear this style... im not sure which is worse - the muffin top or the 1m cubed *** :sick:

I've been wearing my high waisted skinny jeans since summer 05, and I love them!

just found 2 pairs [raw denim & grey] from 1997-98, looks suprisingly good:smile:

As much as i find them refreshing, I think they are really uncomfortable and unflattering..... but I'd rather wear those than low waist jeans..... :innocent:

I absolutely :heart: :heart: :heart: high-waisted, skinny-legged jeans. I remember shopping for so long last fall to try and find them!! Hopefully they will soon be easier to find.^_^

tristan said:
Oh i loooooove the highwaist, I've always rocked it, and will never do a low waist. It helps if you've gotta linear bod for pants. But Leather high waisted tapered skirts are soooooooo damn hot!!

I think you just might rock!:heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strigi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->