High-Waisted Trousers

one thing is decent waisted pants - primarly, that are low waisted but no crack/peeping bubic hair. high waisted pants look good only on bodies with small waists and curvy hips, the thin hourglass figures. otherwise, ypure going to look like a sausage or something, imo. the main point of it as a trend i guess is just to offer something fresh..something that has not been done for a long time.

I haven't been in the trends area in forever and I can't believe this discussion is still current but I guess that that shows just how popular and lasting this trend is. I do love it myself. Much better than the low rider trend that few could get away with.

depending on how high waisted they come I think this cut can be very flattering. I just grabbed these from NAP. They look perfect in the waist and I am only 5'2".

Attachments

• ADApants1.jpg
    ADApants1.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 1
  • ADApants2.jpg
    ADApants2.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 1
I think is look is quite nice, but only if you're a waif. When you've got big hips, like me, this look is just unflattering and makes your butt look GINORMOUS!!

I love high wearing high waisted baggy cords tucked into riding style boots;completed by a cord jacket and chunky jumper or grandad collar shirt

I love this look... have been craving some old school dark-denim gloria-vanderbilt style jeans for some time... alas!

I think it's funny that everyone things they're only for "model bodies"... that's what they used to say about hip huggers!:lol: just try and see if you can handle it, don't worry about model bodies. I mean, look at Scarlett

00010m.jpg
:woot:

I think they make her hips & butt look ginormous- She has a pretty curvy figure, but in these she looks fat!

stilettogirl84 said:
I think they make her hips & butt look ginormous- She has a pretty curvy figure, but in these she looks fat!

I think it really highlights her waist-to-hip ratio, emphasizing her curviness rather than displaying her belly like the hip pants would. But that's just my take. This reminds me of Marilyn Monroe in the misfits.

misfits-027.jpg

www.marilyn-online.de

I think this look is better for curvy girls than hip-huggers... you're just not used to it yet.:flower:

Uj%20Behind%20the%20Misfits.jpg

stellargraffiti.com

finalfashion said:
I think it really highlights her waist-to-hip ratio, emphasizing her curviness rather than displaying her belly like the hip pants would. But that's just my take. This reminds me of Marilyn Monroe in the misfits.

www.marilyn-online.de

I think this look is better for curvy girls than hip-huggers... you're just not used to it yet.:flower:

stellargraffiti.com

finalfashion, I am with you. I think that scarllet looks beautiful in it. I especially appreciate the cut of the jeans...even compared with Monroe's pair, the new highwaisted jeans look more modern and fits body even better.

style_savy said:
I haven't been in the trends area in forever and I can't believe this discussion is still current but I guess that that shows just how popular and lasting this trend is. I do love it myself. Much better than the low rider trend that few could get away with.

Yeah, I don't think this is a trend either.
I don't know, there is just something about them that says comfort but masculinity. I love them and have been searching for a pair that would fit perfectly and last forever. I found a pair recently but I know they would rip to shreds sooner than later. Anybody got any suggestions (for a not so expensive pair and a 5'3 girl) that would look good.

Everytime I try on a pair, my mom rags on me for the fact they look too mature. BTW, I bearly turned 14 about a month ago, but they looks os good. :doh:

That's why I think this is a new trend; I've been talking about this for months. The rejection of something as deeply ingrained as where your jeans waist is takes a sea change to happen. Right now the early adopters are getting into it.

I don't know about you but for the last 13 years I wouldn't have been caught dead in high-waisted pants. The hugh waist was a "dead" trend, not a continuing one. These were "mom" pants. And remember all they hype around low-waisted pants, how girls were ruining thier circulation and becoming too sl*tty and how that was seen as such a huge problem by the mainstream? Laws regulating how low you could go? Remember the era of the 4 inch rise a couple years ago? When those were being adopted by people at fashion school I knew that a full-scale rejection was only a matter of time. The low-rise trend simply had reached it's physical extreme: it couldn't drop anymore.

040513_pants_britney_vmed_8a.widec.jpg

from msnbc.com
I don't know about you but I'm getting a little sick of this. And that gut reaction is what sends my trend-meter aflutter.

But considering the hip-hugger was a 15 year trend it's going to be a revolution to see it go, and I think it will. Even your mom can't picture a world of teenage girls in high waisted jeans.:lol: But I can.

I subscribe to the evolution/revolution theory of trends, and the high-waisted pant represents the revolution. This time around it's going to be more 1930s/1970s than 1980s, but that's just my opinion. We shall see:smile:

And if you're still wearing the 4" rise... get ready to be told you're "stuck in 2000".

Jumping on the "nice look in theory, but I won't be able to handle it" bandwagon. :innocent:

i cant say i find high waisted trousers very attractive. high waist skirts, are glorious. unfortunately whenever i whip out a floaty free skirt of that type my mother says i look 'weird' because my hips are so high. i am without torso.

oh well, i still think i look cute. i especially love wearing skirts at empire.

i think ill stick to low-er rise pants...

Many notable lines already propose a model or two for Spring and more will for Fall. As with everything, it's only a matter of time and finding one that "fits" you in the end (of course).

A few years ago, this woman dressed pretty hot when I was at the Wings Over Houston Air Show. She must have looked pretty sexy with a crop top and jeans. Only problem- the jeans had a very high waist. Personally, I don't like these. These are about as worse as wearing boots over pants. It gives the impression that you have a short abdomen. How can you show off those hot abs, that shiny navel piercing, that Old English letting for your back tattoo, or anything like that? They don't look too stylish.

Only saving grace (if any) is seeing these as career wear. Other than that, stick with your average-waisted pants. I mean, that's my pick. By the way, Britney Spears is WAY overrated.

I really would like to wear them. I haven't tried high waisted pants yet. Im afraid they will make me look fat, too curvy or weird shaped.

I'm in LOVE with these high waisted miss sixty jeans...anyone know where I can find them (or some identical to them?)
7415886elucas210200650448PM.jpg
7415879elucas210200650342PM.jpg

HQs::woot:

credit: wireimage.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
90sfan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"