doo ri
jil sander

In no particular order...

Balenciaga
Derek Lam
Giles
3.1 Phillip Lim
Givenchy
Karl Lagerfeld (it was nothing ground breaking but hey)
and the rest i need to look further into...

I have been soooo preoccupied since school started it's almost a strain to sit down and review collections, of course I have to make time for it but I'm glad that I have until Jan/Feb to catch all the way up and start thinking about fall 2008

Lanvin
John Galliano
Alexander McQueen
Versace
Dolce e Gabbana
Gianfranco Ferre
Basso and Brooke
Calvin Klein
Oscar de le Renta
Diane von Furstenberg

p.s. I actually haven't seen all of the Prada collection, except for a few previews that I didn't like.

A few highlights for me:

Tao Kurihara/Comme des Garcons
Sharon Wauchob
Rick Owens
Ann Valerie Hash
Matthew Ames
Bruno Pieters
Hussein Chalayan
Yohji Yamamoto
Moon Young Hee
Jil Sander
Chloe
Zero Maria Cornejo
Dries Van Noten

Citywise

nr1, as proven this season (by far) PARIS
nr2, thanks to Jil Sander and Prada MILAN
nr3, almost nr2 tho, because of the excitement and hype that is an integral and necessary part of fashion LONDON
nr4, extremely dissapointing, even Marc Jacobs NEW YORK

This was just something made clear this season..

Designerwise

nr1, Lanvin (Because of the dancing editors during Alber's finale)
nr2, Nina Ricci (Because of the new Nina Ricci-girl)
nr3, Jil Sander (Because Raf's tulle makes my heart beat faster, lol)
nr4, Yves Saint-Laurent (Cause I'm still thinking about it)
nr5, Comme des Garçcons (Because I need Rei in a dull season like this)

+ I don't want to forget Chloé, because I loved last collection seeing now in the shops and this collection feels so spot on... So that would be nr6, I guess

Dissapointments

Margiela left me confused and not in a good Margiela-way
Balenciaga was too flat, tho beautifully constructed, it was too cold for me
Peter Pilotto dissapointed me with his first catwalk presentation in London
All of New York Fashionweek depressed me...

:flower::heart:

YAY MUST.BUY.:
Chloé
BCBG Max Azria
Lanvin
Sonia Rykiel
Dolce and Gabbana

Versace Just really wearable, classically beautiful clothes. A bit of a soft late 70's vibe in the cut. The slouchy jumpsuit with beaded neck was absolutely fabulous.
Lanvin Another beautiful collection with a darker 70's YSL mood. The most beautiful girls and the most remarkable gowns.
YSL Awkward styling and setting distracted from some great pieces. Stars are a great motif, very optimistic and hopefully symbolic of a new energy in fashion.
Jil Sander Ridiculous tailoring, interesting use of color. The best use of transparency in all three cities.
Balenciaga Repetitive but thoughtful. Nicolas was really trying to make a strong statement here about "looks". The miniskirt with the tall gladiator sandals was a terribly chic image.
John Galliano Classic kooky Galliano. After Dior, it was refreshing to see he still has his signature style intact. The pink and silver dress on Agyness was a dream.

Love

Comme des Garçons
Yohji Yamamoto
Limi Feu
Txell Miras
Tse
Nina Ricci
Junya Watanabe
Bruno Pieters
Rick Owens

Undecided
Dries Van Noten :(
Hate to put him here but I'm used to really loving his collections and this one was kind of a letdown -_- just can't get into prints quite yet, haha
Prada :ninja: I actually like a lot of the pieces on their own, but (again) some unfortunate prints and those hideous bell-bottoms make double-takes ensue!
Marc Jacobs :lol: loved the accessories and some of the pieces were interesting but the concept left me with mixed feelings, seems to be trying way too hard

etc?

I can't put them into order yet..
YSL - I've been really unimpressed by YSL for quite a few seasons now, but this collection was the perfect balance between wearibility and art for me. I think they were one of the best shows that did the constructed shoulders. I even liked the use of the YSL logo.
Favourite outfits;
00010m.jpg
00080m.jpg
00340m.jpg

Alexander McQueen. Always a personal highlight, but he really pulled out all the stops this season.
00050m.jpg
00380m.jpg
00520m.jpg

Christian Dior. Perhaps excessively self-indulgent, but it seemed like such a change from last season. I loved the mix of masculine suits with leopard print flapper dresses.
03m.jpg
09m.jpg
36m.jpg

Rodarte. A natural progression from last season. I thought it showed alot of promise for future seasons. Amazing colours aswell. Oh, and the shoes :wub:
00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg
00100m.jpg

Doo.Ri. So simple, so well executed. One of my main inspirations for S/S 08.
00310m.jpg
00360m.jpg

Honourable mentions; Balmain, Marc Jacobs, Jill Sander, Thakoon, Luella, Marni.
Let downs; Balenciaga, Burberry, Prada, Miu Miu, Dolce & Gabbana, Chloe (although, that is turning into a regular thing. I expect to be let down by them now)
Favourite presentation; Alexander McQueen, Y-3, John Galliano.

(style.com)

Love

Comme des Garçons
Yohji Yamamoto
Limi Feu
Txell Miras
Tse
Nina Ricci
Junya Watanabe
Bruno Pieters
Rick Owens

Undecided
Dries Van Noten :(
Hate to put him here but I'm used to really loving his collections and this one was kind of a letdown -_- just can't get into prints quite yet, haha
Prada :ninja: I actually like a lot of the pieces on their own, but (again) some unfortunate prints and those hideous bell-bottoms make double-takes ensue!
Marc Jacobs :lol: loved the accessories and some of the pieces were interesting but the concept left me with mixed feelings, seems to be trying way too hard

etc?

you are unspoiled, I love your list, it's gutsy perfection...:heart: so good to see limi and txell showing up on these lists.

Last edited by a moderator:
^I agree.. great list, dahling.
so many 'agree's' in there.. especially on the undecided part, I had an immediate crush on Dries' collection but I keep growing apart the more I see it.. it does feel like a letdown in many ways, even if the concept and quality are unquestionably outstanding, I'm still not feeling it. :ninja:

MY TOP 10

• Tao
  • Sharon Wauchob
  • Comme des Garçons
  • Rick Owens
  • Matohu
  • Bruno Pieters
  • Chloé
  • Lutz
  • Jil Sander
  • TSE
[just realised how similar it is to kiddo's.. :lol: :ninja:]

I'm gonna highlight per city

Milan
YES
Alberta Ferreti: Lovely, what this woman could do with fabrics really touches me, I would wear it definitely, and the colours were to fall in love with, its too bad that I couldnt see any of the back of the dresses, with her theres always something new happening at the back.

Blumarine: There were some dresses and jackets, that i would jump in right on!!! totally me!

D&G: Lovely

Emilio Pucci: God I love how Matthew uses colours...and there were some pieces I would kill for

Fendi : love the bags and the belts...the clothes...mmm I like more the softer shapes, I hate when he goes to the space with those shoulders and stiff frabrics

Valentino: Lovely, so sad he is leaving...but alessandra is great also.

Prada: I hated Prada since s/s2006, but this one...I think it's good, Love the 70's feeling, it is not ugly as usual so thats good for miuccia

Roberto Cavalli: It was so delicate, and so feminine, and so beautiful done...I loved it

Versace: My heart is always with Donatella, it's the most fun and sexy show to see, the models the music, the vibe, love love love it...this is my absolutly favourite...I like when beauty equals to sexiness

BIG NO
Alessandro del acqua: I didnt like it at all, I wouldnt wear an obi on waist to make me look thicker, no war, I prefer alessandro when he goes sexy instead of trying to be someone else, in this case, some japanese designer, by the way asian stuff is so not in.

Anna Molinari: Just No, nothing exciting, I don't know what's happening with rosella tarabini.

Gucci: hahahaha I can only laugh at Frida!

Dolce & Gabbana: Awful, unwearable, unflattering, they're trying way too hard to be considerer

Paris
YES

Sonia Rykiel: definitely one of my favourites...these kind of show, flowy sexy flirty happy, makes me think of spring and summer evenings...

Stella Mc Cartney: I always love her, specially when she do this kind of collection, minus the clogs and floral print, which it was awful

BIG NO

Alexander Mc queen : I dont like that image he presents, since s/s 2006 I didnt like any of his shows

YSL: too stiff and hard...and theres a lack of something, a sexiness that YSL used to have, I hate Pilati

Chloe: Sorry Paulo, you're gonna have to leave, I dont dig this guy at all

LONDON

Christopher Kane: Loved it, love when a london guy does bohemian and hippie, love the frills, I would definitely wear it.

Matthew Williamson: Lovely, I would wear everything

NY

DVF: Love the prints, the colors, everything, totally wearable

I think we have the right to see every clip of the full show, that's when you see the beauty in motion...why is it all of them so hard to get??

prada
dolce & gabbana
roberto cavalli
lanvin
louis vuitton
anna sui
john galliano
nina ricci

it hurts
because ever since ss06 nicolas ghesquiere has been my idol. but ss08. he didn't even make my cut. balenciaga probably was as good, but it wasn't knock-me-off-my-feet and i'm just not used to this :( sorry nicolas

also i haven't seen mcqueen, mj, chanel, ysl, or a lot more yet and already i have more favourites than ever before. this season surprised me insanely i am so proud to live in this world now!

This is just a list, there is no need for a hierarchy between these gems :heart: ...

Yohji Yamamoto
Ann Demeulemeester
CdG
Rick Owens
Bruno Pieters
Dries Van Noten
Junya Watanabe
Vivienne Westwood
Tao
Hussein Chalayan

Negativity makes me exhausted, so I'll make it short.
Can somebody please take Ghesquière, Alber and Pilati on a long trip,
and may they never return! ... others can come too,
but now I'm tired :ninja: ...

I loved Lavin, McQueen, Nina Ricci, Zac Posen and John Galliano
I loved Galliano cause it was fun and something different

My top ten:

*Isabel Marant
*Dries
*Marios Schwab
*Jil Sander
*Chloé
*junya Watanabe
*Marni
*lutz
*Tsumori Chisto
*Mina Perhonen

Also I really did like, TSE and tao. !
:heart:'

Not I the mood, nor do I have the time to list the stuff I didn't like
:doh: :lol:

I got gianco ferre, emilio pucci, and jil sander had stronger than usual showings this season.

Olivier Theysken was again divine with the new Nina Ricci collection.

Burberry Prorsum kicked ***.

Balenciaga was very fashion forward, but the shape of some of the cloths were just unflattering.

:clap:

Lanvin
YSL
Proenza Schouler
Jil Sander
Marni
Nina Ricci
Galliano

:blink:

Chanel
Louis Vuitton