How Do You Walk In High Heeled Shoes?

nikka!!

If you work out how to walk let us know, i've been stuck in flat shoes forever, the pain of high- heels is just too much.... it's lucky flat shoes have come back in to fashion for the moment.... :wacko:

Originally posted by NIKKA@Oct 7th, 2003 - 12:43 pm
ok, I did practice walking in the parking lot where no one was looking. Tried the catwalk style too but I think I looked funny...I feel like I'm bouncing.... :blush: will try practicing at home...
bouncing? I guess you were walking too fast, hun ...
no worries!

Aww..you'll get it!You just need to break in the shoes and get used to walking in heels..I've never had a problem...I have crazy huge heels and my friends are still trying to figure out how I balance myself in them!!!*hehe*

Originally posted by kinugasa@Oct 7th, 2003 - 5:05 pm
nikka!!

If you work out how to walk let us know, i've been stuck in flat shoes forever, the pain of high- heels is just too much.... it's lucky flat shoes have come back in to fashion for the moment.... :wacko:
:o hands to face, and this from an aspiring shoe designer, dare you say pain and shoes in the same sentence. Hmpf! I'm taking your aspiring card away! :wacko: :woot:

Just kidding LOL!! Tis a no no, but yes Nikka if you discover the tricks let us know, and fax your findings to all the top modeling agencies because some of those models really need to learn to walk in stilettos LOL!

Oh and practice, thats all I can tell you, thats how I learned and try and find shoes with lots of support and cushioning. So many shoes that are pretty are't made to support the arch or even the heels. Be weary and careful, you can still be beautiful with comfort. This is why I advocate actual shoe designers and not people who place their names on licensed deals that are "massed produced" in a country where the people make pennies to keep us looking good. Mind you the art is gone. I fully believe in paying people well for their services, which is why I save to buy good shoes, in or out of fashion.

im a trainer girl, but when i wear heels i wear 4 inch heels i can walk fine but if im tipsy i get wobbly :blush: take longer even strides and keep your head up , maybe you have bad balance? i was in ballet so i can wear the super high and my balence can survive!! good luck :heart:

walking is okay after years of practice. but I can run very fast in high heels......(I don't know why??????) Probably I learned it running to catch my bus after work :P

Originally posted by nay-k@Oct 8th, 2003 - 1:03 am
walking is okay after years of practice. but I can run very fast in high heels......(I don't know why??????) Probably I learned it running to catch my bus after work :P
now that i cannot do :o

running in heels im scared to even try :cry:

Thats pretty easy. if the heels are tight... you only start to run. because your legs are longer with high heels you can make bigger steps and you run faster....
but it looks funny (especially if i cross a street with two steps...-flying)

:ninja: well, i dont walk with high heels

since i started wearing flats & trainers (on my :blush: raver days)
I can only wear heels for no more than three hours in a time.

I adore them and love the feeling when I have them on
(i'm 1.76 so i get even taller with them) but i simply can't bear the
burden, so i dont wear them often

two seasons ago while covering the collections in paris,
i had high heel suede boots on for one 7hours running day :doh:
the terror, i came near to buy a pair of weird looking dutch felt slippers
and continue the shows wearing those. i was near to tears.
i wonder how all those fashion editors manage, i'm sure they have
flats or slippers waiting in their limos , taking short rests and foot
massage between rides for the shows :lol:

your right lena......I know this pain....
my boyfriend and I do a lot of salsa dancing and sometimes I am wearing highheels 12 hours....
but if I keep on moving the pain is not as strong as it feels when I sit down....

i heard about a new treatment for people who cannot walk in heels, an injection in to the ball of the foot to cushion the weight. apparently it is used a lot on the red carpet, I'm not sure how long it works for, but I guess it depends how desperate you are....

quote Oria "hands to face, and this from an aspiring shoe designer, dare you say pain and shoes in the same sentence. Hmpf! I'm taking your aspiring card away! "

I still buy heels, I love them, but can only wear them when I know I only have to walk a few metres (even that is painful) :cry:

Originally posted by kinugasa@Oct 9th, 2003 - 9:41 am
i heard about a new treatment for people who cannot walk in heels, an injection in to the ball of the foot to cushion the weight. apparently it is used a lot on the red carpet, I'm not sure how long it works for, but I guess it depends how desperate you are....

quote Oria "hands to face, and this from an aspiring shoe designer, dare you say pain and shoes in the same sentence. Hmpf! I'm taking your aspiring card away! "

I still buy heels, I love them, but can only wear them when I know I only have to walk a few metres (even that is painful) :cry:
It's cool I was just messing around with you.

Tchau :lol:

its not the same as walking in heels, but you can just be around your house, barefoot, doing everything, walking like if you were wearing high heels, that might help stretching out the feet, but walk almost like if you were walking on your toes, also, try to immitate supermodels, that works also...in a few days, you will be able to start strutting ur *** on five inches heels... :flower:

:lol: you cant imagine how many bad heel walkers i see every day....its shocking

my friend from new york is like :shock: 'does she have a truck between her legs'

As a male, I had the "priveledge" of working as a "waitress" in a gay bar when I was 16 to 21. The money was great and enabled me to buy that Trans Am...

Having NEVER walked in any kind of heel, one of the resident drag queens took me under their wing and coached me on walking in heels.

1. On a step, roll off of the planted foot.
2. When you feel the heel of the foot moving forward come in contact to the ground, transfer weight from planted foot to the ball of the other foot.

You should NEVER put all of your weight on a high heel lest you relish a broken ankle or broken heel.

Use the heel as a guide or trigger for transferring weight.

Also, for some reason, a little twist of the heel inward, (that sexy model walk) actually helps maintain control without helicoptering your arms around. It's sort of a search for the center of gravity for your bottom.

I haven't worn heels in a couple of years now, But I can remember them quite well. If this male can work up to 4 inch heels and maneuver a tray of drinks around, anyone can!

Good Luck!

That is so neat shonuff, I am impressed. I've got little padding on the ball of my
feet so I really do need to cushion most of my shoes and they usually help. 4-inch heels ...wow :shock:

Kinda off-topic:
I just saw E!'s REVEALED with Jules Asner ... she was interviewing Naomi Campbell ..and when talked (and showed the vid) of the Westwood show where she tripped, she just said: "The trick to walk on those shoes is to put the tip on the ground first" I dunno if it'll help, cuz she was wearing platforms!

I can't really explain, but it's fairly easy for me to walk in high heels. ( and I'm talking about 4inches stilletto. :blush: ) I wore them running to the subway, walking up and down the stairs, I can't walk in flat shoes, which make me tired and sluggish.

I guess maybe it had something to do with me taking ballet when I was little and I always danced growing up. Perhaps that is why.

Originally posted by nay-k@Oct 8th, 2003 - 12:03 am
but I can run very fast in high heels......
Hehe you are like me.

I went swing dancing in 4 inch heels :lol: The only girl on the floor in em too! :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathaniel06
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->