How Do You Walk In High Heeled Shoes?

I'm pretty good in any type of heel. To me it's about swinging the weight of the shoe, not really about swinging your foot. It hasn't gone wrong yet lol

I've bought a pair of these rolando's a little while ago:

34yzkw5.jpg

(google images)

But I've only wore them once to a party where I was able to sit al night:rolleyes:

Because I find it very hard to walk in them since the heel is so 'thin', normally I wear much thicker heals.
So the hight of the heel isn't really the problem..
How do you guys walk in those beauties?
And also..
My hight is 1.79cm on bare foot, I'm really in doubt if I even can wear such high heels without looking like a stupid giant.
What do you guys think?

I agree on the wedges v. heels regarding weight. I have a pair of Louboutin wedges that are great and pretty comfy now that they are worn in, but after awhile, they kind of weigh on the feet. That's what I like about manolo's, I find they are SUCH a light shoe, it's a lot easier to move in.

Height is no bar to wearing high heels, Tresor, as I believe has been said on here before! The point is that they make you look beautiful, not taller. If you're tall, you're tall. You may as well be beautiful as well.

My first pair of heels were a gladiators, 4 1/2 inches tall. My sister had the same pair and said they were "sooo comfortable", and she talked me into getting them for the club we were going to. I didn't know that you're supposed to work your way up to that height.

Needless to say I was wobbling around the whole night, looking like a wreck. My feet were sooo sore. And the next morning my toes had lost some feeling, but it came back after a few hours. I swore that I'd never wear them again. Now I'm doing it the right way and wearing 3 in heels. I still haven't mastered them yet, but once I do I'll try the gladiators again.

my legs get tired the very next 2 seconds, i get all stressed... but oh i do try.....
my dream is to wear those thinnest and highest heels without feeling uncomfortable!

my dream is to wear those thinnest and highest heels without feeling uncomfortable!

You'n'me both. No matter how much practice you've had, they're still a pain in the neck, I mean ankle.....

I once wore a pair of 3 1/2 inch marc jacobs heels that were actually half a size too SMALL and I nearly died throughout the night. Now I have Dr. Scholls party feet and I make sure my shoes FIT. No more sacrificing for fashion because damn my feet hurt!

i find it hard to walk in my manolos. they cost so much and the heels are very uncomfortable

When I was younger, I used to regularly practice walking in my mother's stilettos, so I garnered a lot of experience in the "walking in heels" department from that.

I've been practicing since I was like 8 years old...So I can't give too much advice.
For the people concerned over tripping due to cracks, I suggest checking these companies out.
http://www.smartheel.com/index.html
http://www.thesolemates.com/index.php
I've tried both, they seem to work very well. Just a heads up, hope this wasn't posted already!
I wear heels everyday almost, 4 inches & ^. I feel so awkward going below 3 1/2 inches, I'd rather wear a flat :P

I must say after partying all night in these, I feel as though I mastered the art of walking/dancing in heels. they are sky high but the platform did wonders.
heels by Giambattista Valli
img015551.jpg

img014421.jpg

img015541.jpg

I did benefit a lot from Foot Petals. I ordered mine from Kitson.

-Oh, and I wore the shoes in the house for about a week before wearing them out.

I find it hard to walk in my Manolos. They cost so much and the heels are very uncomfortable

That distresses me. Manolos are the most comfortable of shoes, so I can only surmise you either bought them online and they aren't the correct fit or you had a terrible helper when you tried them.

If it's the height, maybe that's all and you need to get used to them. If it's blisters, maybe what I've said above about the fit.

Do you have a photo of the shoe on your foot? I'm curious both from the fit on the foot and the 'which shoe style' point of view.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you so much shaq91!
I wish I can live in them! haha so sexy

I have a pair of shoes that i love and my foot kept slipping out ( they were the right size) so I bought some Scholl Party Feet Invisible Gel Heel Shields for about $10 and they stick to the back of the shoes and they were amazing! I mentioned them here before but I hadnt tried them.. My feet didnt slip out at all and I wore the shoes all night without trouble. They do make the shoe a bit smaller though so be careful with that

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julovw
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->