How Do You Walk In High Heeled Shoes?

SJPdeux said:
I seriously started my collection 3yrs ago after years of cheap random nasty shoes. Yes, i admit that once I was lost and now I am found.

sing it sista!! :clap: :lol:

Emery said:
Me too! The fact is, your toes are what give you lateral balance, and being on them the way heels poise you makes it easy. And the arch support is real, too, because almost all flats ignore your arch entirely, where heels HAVE to be shaped to the curve of your foot.B)

hey Emery,

i missed your reply :innocent: TY! So, its the same for men as well? A lot of people don't get it. They are like how can you find comfort in heels but anything else is likely to leave me tripping. On flat days, everyone must think I am drunk or need a stronger prescription :rolleyes:

Wearing heels is a lot like ice skating: it's a means of moving from place to place in a whole different way, in which the moving itself is a major part of the fun. :P Besides, when you are well balanced on heels, it's more like a dance than a mere walk.

omg...THAT IS SO TRUE. I never thought i would find peeps that loved shoes and UNDERSTOOD. I feel fit to cry. In joy of course.
I wore some heels to pick up the west indian takeaway about an hour ago and that little 15mins journey was a rhytmnic experience that changed my very centre. yes, I am talking about the core of the body. 3 fingers above your belly button, breathe in and fee. then put on some heels and do the same....feel the difference

I must sound like such a freak!

that should read " breathe in and feel..." In all this excitement i really must learn to slow down :sheepish:

SJPdeux said:
lovely comments from my favourite mod makes me :bounce: off the walls. You are rocking tfs for me!

:woot: why thank you dear!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

has anyone gone out in a pair of new pumps/heels but due to unbearable pain have had to resort to either buying some slippers to get home or worn their sis-in-laws disgusting leather-like brogues or had to get an unexpected cab?

I have found myself in all those situations!

SJPdeux said:
has anyone gone out in a pair of new pumps/heels but due to unbearable pain have had to resort to either buying some slippers to get home or worn their sis-in-laws disgusting leather-like brogues or had to get an unexpected cab?

I have found myself in all those situations!
Just once. First I picked up some corn pads, which helped for another hour. Then I bought a pair of soft socks, which gained me about half an hour. Finally I gave in, got in the car, and went home in disgrace. :blush:

classic! the chemist option is just a scam. those jelly shoe pads serve no purpose. and the 'nude' one is obviously not nude on my black skin!!! lol

BTW, someone asked me the other day how I walked in heels without swaying the way a woman does. The reason is that a guy's pelvic area is structured slightly differently from a girl's (has to do with not bearing children), so the articulation of the hip joint is different. The main effect on my walk - so I am told - is that I'm keeping my back much straighter than I used to in my pre-heel days.

I have a suggestion for girls who are "new" to wearing high heels. Start off by wearing knee high boots with high heels. A friend suggested it to me and it really helped. In my opinion it was helpful because the boots provided more support to my ankles and legs that pumps do. After I felt comfortable in high heeled boots I did well with pumps. Just a suggestion.

Emery said:
Wearing heels is a lot like ice skating: it's a means of moving from place to place in a whole different way, in which the moving itself is a major part of the fun. :P Besides, when you are well balanced on heels, it's more like a dance than a mere walk.

I almost forgot.....I totally agree with Emery! I'm a very different woman in heels versus kitten heels, flats, tennis shoes, etc. I LOVE heels!

Bunions

Aziandoll said:
I've worn heels throughout my early twenties and I now give up, because I developed a huge bunion on my right foot! It sucks because I really love the look that heels can give you. Has anyone experienced this? I don't know which heels (if any) are best for me, or what kind of shoes. All I have been wearing lately are my dr.martens and my uggs. My feet are wide, too. Sigh... any suggestions anyone? I'd appreciate it!

I would suggest finding a good Chiropractor who knows how to adjust feet and toes. My wife is a chiropractor and has helped her mother by adjusting her feet and toes to fix bunions she had on both feet. Chances are though you will have to maintain treatments. Bunions are really a problem of a collapsing or collapsed arch and to deal with the additonal stress the toes pronate causing the condition.

If you are going to wear heels- I would suggest finding a talented Chiropractor to take care of the "damage" that comes from wearing heels. A GOOD Chiropractor will get after you for wearing heels, but should be able to adjust affected extremeties- not just your hips and back. Get a good going over once a week. Starting with your feet and toes, your knees, hips and sacral area, lumbar into your thoracic and cervicals. Heels thrust the hips forward which messes not only with the hips but the sacral and lumbar regions as well.

Almost all back and neck problems start at the feet. I say this will all concern and love- I am not against heels as I love to see my wife in them- but I am also for taking care of the body so that you don't sacrifice your body for the sake of an attractive sexy appearance.

hope that helps.... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauras
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->