How Do You Walk In High Heeled Shoes?

NIKKA said:
Ok,now I'm feeling depressed. I've never worn pointy anything except boots with 2 inch spiny heels...so I was real excited when I found this D.Pliner red suede mules with a sexy heel and when I wore it around the shoe store i can walk in it. So I took off in it this morning and found out I can't walk in it for an extended time... around the office is fine since its has some carpeting but outside on the brick sidewalk it is a big challenge and a pain :( ... will you girls please tell me how to walk in >= 2 inch heels. Maybe its the way I distribute my weight? I'm so tired of not being able to wear sexy shoes and wondered how I can ever buy those Carrie Bradshaw kind of heels (Manolos and Christian louboutin) and actually walk or run in them.

Hips go before the feet (if that makes sense). A lot of times ladies (me included) think that the upper body comes before the lower...not the case at all. Yes, weight distribution has something to do with it as well. And most importantly being comfortable in what you wear is key. Hope that helps. :flower:

Alejandro said:
^ Hanne :cry:

If it makes you feel better, I got stuck on a little crack from a club's stairs while going upstairs, after this whole "Going through the VIP line and crap", and all the people yelling cause we got in, so im shaking it like nobody's business, suddenly, I stepped on the wrong hole :lol: and I fell on my face, and the heel got stuck on the crack :rofl:

That's what I get for wearing skinny skinnny heels :stuart:

lol..Ale I'm sure you meant Helena..and not me..:flower:

I find it easier to walk in higher heels than kitten heels

urd said:
I find it easier to walk in higher heels than kitten heels

same here. anything lower than 4" and I feel like I'm falling backwards..

Has anyone just started wearing high heels recently?

I was wondering how our shoe and heel height discussions affect new members?

...and also, for me open toed heels are easier to walk in than the closed toe pointy ones.

How high are the heels you like to wear? Have they gotten higher since you joined TFS?

i encounter a different problem. i can walk and run in heels (yay!) but i get blisters! i do ballet and its the same kind of blisters you get when you dance in pointe. your toes get squeezed together and the constant rubbing causes blisters at the knuckles of my toes. *sob* other than preventing the blisters by wrapping my toes with first-aid band, what else can i do? first-aid bands are soooo unglam. :(

When I want something easy on the arch I slip on my 4". I find that heels aid my balance. I don't know what that says about me, but I am naturally a tip-toed walker (think about it) and heels provide the leverage I need. At least that is my arguement.

one sound advice is to match your soles to the surfaces you are likely to be treading on the day. You don't want to be sliding about on marble now do you....

I own more pumps than sandals. mostly closed toe. when i do get sandals they are always 'dressy' to my eye. whearas i can wear my pumps everyday if i chose with an array of outfits. And the great thing is that heels prep up an outfit. taking you from day to night with the change of your shoes. Footwear is the ruler of all fashion mainstay. OMG I having an hperglucosemanic moment induced by shoes!!

I have about 80 pairs of shoes and boots, mostly closed styles! How long have you been wearing heels?

I think I cannot simply call myself a wearer, I am too discerning for that :wink:

I seriously started my collection 3yrs ago after years of cheap random nasty shoes. Yes, i admit that once I was lost and now I am found.

What's the most popular colour in your collection? I am a sucker for Red kid leather. I have lately started sourcing some aubergine pumps. I get a guy to make a few pairs a year for me as well. I will post the link...

Mine are a collection
Gucci, some custom etc..

I have heels as high as 5", what about you?

SJPdeux said:
When I want something easy on the arch I slip on my 4". I find that heels aid my balance. I don't know what that says about me, but I am naturally a tip-toed walker (think about it) and heels provide the leverage I need. At least that is my arguement.
Me too! The fact is, your toes are what give you lateral balance, and being on them the way heels poise you makes it easy. And the arch support is real, too, because almost all flats ignore your arch entirely, where heels HAVE to be shaped to the curve of your foot.B)

I have platform heels as high as 7" :ninja: I have done some cabaret and burlesque, as a jobbing actor I sometimes need to make money however it comes :innocent:

I get my custom from lovely Franco. The turn-around is not bad. I email him some pics, go i for a chin wag, he sources the leather and hey presto bobs your uncle :P

do you know what I own no gucci. i am deeply faithfull (currently) to Marc jacob, Gina and jimmy choo. I also slum it in pur lopez and pied a tierre.

Its so nice that we share a passion!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waldzios
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->