Red Hair + Pink Clothes ?

00510m.jpg

cintia dickson wearing purple at bottega veneta (style.com)

^ Wow, it's a really good match! Cintia looks glowing! But yes, be careful when wearing purple with red hair. It can't be a disaster if worn wrong. :smile:

00020m.jpg

redhead Caroline Trentini at Kenzo (style.com)

this doesn't look bad either, maybe it would be even better if her hair was more red and less orange

00310f.jpg

Lily Cole at Lacroix runway. I also found some bad pictures of Lily in pink, but didn't want to post them. they can be seen at style.com, where this pic is also from

Lily1984 said:
I bought my first light purple shirt ever :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: After years of wearing only blue, black, green and other more natural colors...I have red hair and I always thought that pink and purple would look horrible on me, but I decided to try something new and it looks good...I still have to be careful because it has to be the right shade of pink or purple, though....What do you think...red hair + pink/purple = nice or horrible ? My hair is really dark so it´s probably easier for me than for people who have really bright red hair...do you have any pics of models with red hair wearing pink or purple ?

Yes ... my hair is chestnut and I think lavenders and purples are among my best colors. I wear lavender, plum, eggplant. What you don't want is too much red--magenta, hot pink. Dusty pink/rose/coral/brick are my very best colors, I think. Pale pink is good too, but the dusty colors do something very interesting. With my coloring (lots of pink in my skin), the blue side of these colors is what I need. Magenta, hot pink, cerise are truly horrid, would make me look like an escaped 80s fashion convict with extremely flushed skin :wink:

The conventional wisdom, of course, is to wear colors that make you look like a tree whose leaves are turning. Those colors can be great too, if you enjoy them, but the colors above are much more me. Teal is another great color for us, everywhere now, and (if you're like me) you'll be able to pull off the orange that's coming for spring, if you choose, as few others can :flower:

PS This is my natural hair color. When you're an "acquired" redhead, it's really a different situation, because it's not just about the hair, it's about the skin, and your eyes come into play a bit as well. I suspect a few models who have it weren't born with it :wink: Mother Natural generally knows what she's doing :innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yes !! I love it when redheads wear seashell-tones...pale lavenders and lilacs, cream, and the color of mint candy. In fact I think redheads could wear those colors better than anyone.

I think it depends on your shade of red hair. mine is quite auburn toned, and I wear a lot of purple. it's one of my better colours really...especially the darker tones. lavender tends to be a bit pukey on me though.:blush: but honestly, anyone can wear any colour as long as the shade is harmonious with their individual colouring. :flower:

fashionista-ta said:
PS This is my natural hair color. When you're an "acquired" redhead, it's really a different situation, because it's not just about the hair, it's about the skin, and your eyes come into play a bit as well. I suspect a few models who have it weren't born with it :wink: Mother Natural generally knows what she's doing :innocent:

I know what you mean...red is also my natural hair color...my eyes are green and my skin is pale so it all looks good together...People who color their hair red have to be careful because it should match their skin color...there are some exceptions, though, I once saw a girl who colored her hair red and her skin wasn´t pale, but it looked pretty good...people often tell me that baby pink looks good with my skin, but I still don´t own something in baby pink, I almost bought a baby pink shirt but then decided to buy a blue one instead....I´m really in the mood to try some new colors at the moment...It gets boring after a while when you just wear those colors most people prefer on redheads...I really like purple and I think I´ll wear it more often in the future B) B) B) B) B) B) B)

urd said:
00300m.jpg

cintia again. (style.com)

Thank you for the pictures :flower: I think I saw Cintia today in a commercial on TV, for H&M....Was it really Cintia ? I´m not too sure, but I liked the girl in the commercial, very pretty :flower:

I think the right shade of purple and red hair looks stunning :woot: I don't know about pink..some lightet shades may look good.

pink looks bad on me, very bad :-x but then again i have deep red hair and brown eyes

Lilia said:
Do you think that girls with red hair could wear pink/baby pink/purple clothes ? My hair is red and most of my clothes are blue, black, white and green. I like baby pink but I´m not sure if it would look good with my hair. My hair is dark red, my skin is very pale and I only have very few freckles. My eyes are green. Thanks :flower:

Have you ever had your colors done? you sound like you are an autumn, and you would probably look best in earthtones

Redheads can look fabulous in pink, just check out Marcia Cross on Desperate Housewives!

I think we had another topic like this, because I remember posting pics and this is the first time I'm posting to this one..

could mods merge the topics?

I've seen redheads wearing purple and it looks great on them, specially a deep, more reddish purple hue.

urd said:
I think we had another topic like this, because I remember posting pics and this is the first time I'm posting to this one..

could mods merge the topics?

you got it. :wink:

that pic of cintia in purple is soo striking. she looks a proper celtic princess. yay for redheads in purple. :D :heart:

utopia said:
you got it. :wink:

that pic of cintia in purple is soo striking. she looks a proper celtic princess. yay for redheads in purple. :D :heart:

thank you:flower: I didn't want to go and look for them again.
I hope all redheads understand that pink, purple, red clothes are not bad for them, because they are beautifull

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->