How many magazines do you have?

I don't have many magazines, I used to purchase just about everything when I was a teenager (I had a thing for Bazaar in particular even when they were reprints and I had the original!), thank goodness I discovered this place and realised the crap I was getting into, so now.. as Vogue Nippon, Another Magazine and Dazed are impossible to find here, I'm on refusal and only sticking to March and September editions of Vogue, that's the idea anyway, I still tend to buy random magazines out of boredom. and I've been thinking of getting subscribed to Dazed lately but it's such a hassle.. for me anyway, I'm super lazy and could live with internet scans despite the frustration. :blink:

the total number should be around 112 aprox, consisting mainly of 2001/2002 issues. :ninja:

*does the economist count here?. that should increase the number up to 200s.. :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
More than I should :ninja:

Especially US Vogue where I go way back into the last couple of decades.

Though these last couple of months I have been away from my usual magazine haunts and as such have missed a couple issues of my standby all time favorite magazines.

This sort of thing wont happen again. Once I get settled into my new place I'm just going to subscribe to everything again and resume up buying all my gorgeous foreign magazines. A girl cannot live by American fashion magazines alone!

Thank goodness for the Fashion Spot and eBay otherwise I would miss these beautiful treasures forever. I'm just glad I can still track down back issues. Unfortunately it also means I'm going to have to store some of my old favorites and come up with creative solutions for keeping my favorite editorials near me. I've started up binders for editorials but I need to get a few dozen more before I can say I've transfered everything.

Around 350 I'd say, probably more.That reminds me of my aunt and friends who went 'why don't you throw all that garbage ?' and I was like 'WHAT !?'

I'd say about 1,000...I've never counted them but yeah, about a thousand.
I've never been able to get rid of a mag...:rolleyes:
I'm a glossypaper lover...but don't tell anyone:ninja::wink:

did a quick count.

For international fashion magazines, I have around 200. And then 5 vintage magazines (pre-1950) and then lots of Finnish/Estonian magazines I've mostly cut and plan to throw them to paper recycling.

Magazines are kinda expensive here (I estimate I've spent 2000 euros on all this...:() and when I first started to bought them, the selection was limited too. I remember being so angry because W wasn't sold and I missed a great issue before the Reese one with red pvc dress came along. Anyways, I am not a real magazine collector, most magazines these days bore me to death.

Also, I am so glad this tFS section has grown!! In 2005 I actually had to do a review for someone about Italian Vogue, and I live in Finland where it comes months late, and there weren't so much scans around as these days.

MMA hadn't talk yet... maybe she's still counting... or died under magazines she tried to take...:lol::flower:

I've never been able to get rid of a mag...
you'll see with time, Max... you'll throw away a lot of things...

I threw most of my Jalouse away... I bought them since the beginning... just count...^_^, Glamour, I don't keep them... I put also every Nova (it was a french "indie" magazine...) in a trash , every Elle (and in France it's weekly magazine...) and Flair, too... I just kept the first two issues...
But I was the sadest person when I lost all my Vogue (Paris, US, Italy mostly) in a move out back in the early 2000s...:doh: and I'm still sad about this...

Less than fifty at any given time, I would think. Every once in a while my mother makes me throw out over 3/4 of my magazine collection, allowing me to keep only five issues. With this year's addition of a TIME subscription, my collection is growing rapidly.

I canceled my subscription to Teen Vogue this year and stopped purchasing US Vogue and Cosmo Girl, along with a whole other slew of teen magazines. Because of that, my magazine collection has actually decreased, but like I noted earlier, it's beginning to grow with TIME issues.

My mom doesn't let me throw my mags away, she pays every mag that I buy, and here in Brazil a Vogue Paris, for example, costs 79,90 reais (40 dollars ), and Vogue Brasil sometimes have a 'Runway Special' (is not a suplement) so she would never let me throw a magazine away. ^_^

Too many would be the right "count" for me :lol: It doesn't help that eBay and local bookstores provide much access...

But of course my numbers will never rival MMA and Peter's :wink:

My mom doesn't let me throw my mags away, she pays every mag that I buy, and here in Brazil a Vogue Paris, for example, costs 79,90 reais (40 dollars), and Vogue Brasil sometimes have a 'Runway Special' (is not a suplement) so she would never let me throw a magazine away. ^_^

40 dollars?you mean U.S. dollars???:shock:

if true,that's horrible:shock:here i get vogue paris at the price of 16 or 17 dollars:ninja:

I have a lot stacked all over the house...particularly in my room...eep...

I usually go through them at least once a year and throw out ones that I'm only saving for one page and just rip it out...LOL

I don't have much. Probably around 30 or 40. I can't bear to throw them out either and from time to time I like to look through them again.

Quick count = 64

I used to have many more [way over a hundred] that I managed to bring myself to recycle. I swore I wouldnt let it build up again like that but it has :doh:

40 dollars?you mean U.S. dollars???:shock:

if true,that's horrible:shock:here i get vogue paris at the price of 16 or 17 dollars:ninja:

Yes, it's true :P The cheapest foreign mags are Vogue UK and i-D, they cost 45 reais (22,50 dollars) ^_^

I've been collecting fashion magazine since spring 2003 (POP with Kylie on the cover was my first purchase) and now I have a total of 706 magazines.

Hmm I know we all love the magazines, the models, Fashion, some of the amazing editorials, & ofcourse articles..But when you really think about it it's such a waste of money...really don't need hundrets of magazines..maybe subscribe 1 and buys some every once in a while..but everybody here scans all the magazines and we get to see the covers & editorials so it's unnesecary to buy them..but then it really doesn't help us with anything it's just an extra thing we spoil ourselfs with...& more we buy more we want... we can live without them..and how much do we approximately spend a month on magazines, $30 ? Maybe more ? when you can give it to charity, or sponsor a child or something...Some people buy foreig magazine double or triple the prize that they don't even understand the language but just for their favorite models' editorials...I used to rarely buy them cause I thought it was waste of money but lately I can't help myself...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vseroff
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->