How Much Sleep Do You Get?

I go to bed between 10pm - 1am, And I wakeup between 6 - 9am. 8 - 10 hours of sleep, which depends on the level of activity on the previous day.

Too little lately (about 4-5 hours).
Too many things keeping me up........

I miss the childhood days of sleeping 10 hours every night and napping throughout the day :lol:

Bellissima said:
Too many things keeping me up........

I miss the childhood days of sleeping 10 hours every night and napping throughout the day :lol:

Ooh yes ... napping:crush: ...

Unfortunately i have to repeat your first two lines ...

Too many things keeping me up...

And just to continue your thoughts so I can say I have added something to this post :P ...

especially a voice from distant shores are keeping me up at night ...

Last edited by a moderator:
way too little.
I hate to sleep when there's other stuff I can do and right now I'm always kind of busy so instead of sleeping I just do stuff I didn't have the time to do during the day...like finally finishing a magazine or watching a video I recorded the other day.
yesterday I slept for like 6 hours but it certainly wasn't enough considering that I woke with puffy eyes and feeling really strange.
additionally, school isn't too much fun when you're constantly fighting sleep and yawning all the time.

I just can't go about my tasks and whatnot being tired. :ninja: I NEED sleep, otherwise I feel "ugh" all the time.

I had 2 hours last night.
I don't feel that badly today. I took a diet pill and I have drank lots of water to keep me going.

went to bed at midnight and was woken up at six. worked from home today so managed a two hour nap :D

Multitudes said:
Ooh yes ... napping:crush: ...

Unfortunately i have to repeat your first two lines ...

Too many things keeping me up...

And just to continue your thoughts so I can say I have added something to this post :P ...

especially a voice from distant shores are keeping me up at night ...

And may I quote you on this -

"a voice from distant shores are keeping me up at night"

plus some extra concepts, ideas, things to get done........

Glad your fond of the napping idea as I am :lol:

MarilynMonroe said:
I had 2 hours last night.
I don't feel that badly today. I took a diet pill and I have drank lots of water to keep me going.

a diet pill and water? have you seen requiem for a dream? :lol:

i usually get about 6-7; if i get more than 8 or 9 I end up not being able to fall asleep the next night until 4 or 5 in the morning.

I was reading this study and said 5-6 hours of sleep a night is adequate and study showed people who slept nine or 10 hours per night had a risk of dying similar to that associated with moderate obesity. Risk of death increased by 15 percent for those who slept eight hours a night, 20 percent for those who get 9 hours of sleep and 35 to 40 percent for those who sleep 10 hours a night.

who knew sleeping too much could decrease your life expectancy, i always assumed sleeping too little would. :cry:

Here is the exact article if anybody is interested:
http://archives.cnn.com/2002/HEALTH/02/14/sleep.study/

^ That's a very interesting article...
BUT...
it's a fact that some people need more sleep than others. Those studies may have been performed.. to produce those results... however, there have been years and years of research showing that sleep deprivation is very bad - whether it be on test-taking abilities or awareness when driving... whatever. I KNOW I require 8-9 hours of sleep a night. Now, if I may die early because of it... which I don't really believe... fine... but I'm not going to be tired all of the time getting 6 hours of sleep because this one study thinks that's the way to go. :unsure:

Anyway, that study just doesn't make sense to me... AND, perhaps people that require that much sleep have a shorter life span... the sleep doesn't cause it, but rather the potential for shorter life span causes increased sleep needs.

I usually go sleep at 10/11 pm and get up at about 6:30 am so it takes 8 hours. It's perfect for me. I'm rarely tired.

I average around 6-8 hours of sleep a night, however, I would be comfortable with less; I've never needed much sleep... ^_^:heart:

Erin said:
^ That's a very interesting article...
BUT...
it's a fact that some people need more sleep than others. Those studies may have been performed.. to produce those results... however, there have been years and years of research showing that sleep deprivation is very bad - whether it be on test-taking abilities or awareness when driving... whatever. I KNOW I require 8-9 hours of sleep a night. Now, if I may die early because of it... which I don't really believe... fine... but I'm not going to be tired all of the time getting 6 hours of sleep because this one study thinks that's the way to go. :unsure:

Anyway, that study just doesn't make sense to me... AND, perhaps people that require that much sleep have a shorter life span... the sleep doesn't cause it, but rather the potential for shorter life span causes increased sleep needs.

Erin I completely agree with you. Too much sleep decreasing how long you live? Seems like everything these days will cause that:rolleyes:

I just found the article interesting and thought I would put it out there.

^ Oh goodness, no! My intent wasn't to attack. :wink: I guess, probably, I'm just bothered that I need 8-9 hours of sleep + a nap sometimes - while the rest of the world seems to require a bit less. :blush: :wink:

svetLANAA said:
Too much sleep decreasing how long you live? Seems like everything these days will cause that:rolleyes:
we all die someday but at least I will sleep much I can and want. Maybe I die earlier then.. I can live with that :rolleyes:

fashionlives said:
QUESTION

what do you do to keep awake if you didnt' have enough sleep the day before? (w/o coffee :P )

lots of coca cola and chocolate! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inafrombaki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->