How Much Sleep Do You Get?

usually i get about 3-6 hours but once every week i will sleep in just to play catch up...

I usually get 9 hours (i need so much sleep).

But recently, it's been more like 4:(

I need 8 hours on the nose. Any less, I'm cranky. Any more, I'm groggy!

I read somewhere that you actually can't "catch up" on sleep. Does anybody know if there is truth to this? I guess I've seen it multiple times. I think it's believable...

I went to bed at 7 PM last night, woke up at 8 AM this morning.

Almost beat the 15 hour record I set for Saturday night to Sunday, when I slept at 2 AM and woke up at 5 PM!

woa dude. Whats up with that. You're a real sleeper. Are you taking sleeping pills, or just changing up???

I want 8 or 9. I hate getting less. Often when I'm working I'll get 4 or 5. I hate it. I'm dead, and etc.
When I get 8 or 9. I feel good.
Yeah I'm sure 'they' say you cant catch up on sleep. "they' say alot of stuff. Fact is, if you've been skimping on sleep you'll probly, given the chance, sleep in for a few days... to catch up. right? of course.
anyways I hate not getting enough sleep.

goosemaster said:
woa dude. Whats up with that. You're a real sleeper. Are you taking sleeping pills, or just changing up???

I want 8 or 9. I hate getting less. Often when I'm working I'll get 4 or 5. I hate it. I'm dead, and etc.
When I get 8 or 9. I feel good.
Yeah I'm sure 'they' say you cant catch up on sleep. "they' say alot of stuff. Fact is, if you've been skimping on sleep you'll probly, given the chance, sleep in for a few days... to catch up. right? of course.
anyways I hate not getting enough sleep.

no sleeping pills. I think it's just a combination of the weather and the fact I'm severely depressed right now (like, clinically).

Lately I've been getting 2-4 hours of sleep, stupid classes.

It's really taking a toll on me too. I meant to call my lab partner today on my home phone and I dialed my own cell number... hehe

Thankfully there is a thing called coffee! :woot:

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to always get 9 hours and if I got less I'd feel dead. But for the last month or so I've hard a harder time sleeping so I've only been getting 5-7 hours a night. I find that sleeping is a sort of habit and when I get out of it it's hard to get back in.

Wow, how do you survive a week on 4 hours of sleep? I find that if I have less than 7 hours of sleep, my whole day is pretty much ruined. I can't do homework, I can't read anything, I can't concentrate, I'm awfully irittable and annoyed, I feel nauseous, etc.
But I get about 6 hours on school days, it's still quite bad though. I need 9-10 hours to feel perfect.

My sleeping schedule is really messed up :doh: :( Especially now with uni, v.stressful. Though i try to get at least 8 hours on the weekends and holidays.

i have sleeping problems...basically spend all day sleeping...i need at least 12 hours...ive spent half of my life in my bed...

Generally 9-10 hours.

I like 8 though...
But definitely no less.

oh boy... it's it interesting how sleep varies. I know for myself, sometimes I've done quite well with an average of like 5 hours a night. I think if you're used to it, and perhaps your schedule is a routine maybe it makes it ok? maybe not ok, but at least do-able. I know if I'm not getting enough I can do it, but I dont feel like myself.
When I ws in Highschool I had really bad insomnia, and also I stayed up late practising the violin. So never got enough sleep. It made me a zombie in school. and I'm sure it was part of the reason I did so badly, and was so depressed.

i heard somewhere the hours of sleep you get at night, like if you go to bed at 11 it'll mean like from 11 to 2 or something like that, counts more than the rest of the hours your sleeping which are later. i mean, like if for example 2 people sleep 10 hours, but one sleeps from 10p.m. to 8 a.m. and the other sleeps from 3 a.m. to 1.p.m., the first person would feel like if he slept more than the second one. is this making any sense? :wacko:

^ It does. I think it has to do with the darkness outside... I read something about this last week, actually...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rachelmartini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->