Hussein Chalayan Men's Wear

dijkers said:
Thanks faust.

Does onward sell mens clothing?

I'm flying into amsterdam on fri and hoping to get over to paris.

I'd love some chalayan for fall.

Good luck. Droogist might know better.

Here is a little teaser,

0006h.jpg

Hussein Chalayan Shirt
Every season, Chalayan produces intellectual tweaks on traditional design, and this fall's no different. Witness his all-in-one shirt/cardigan combo.

Attached sweatshirt cardigan and shirt, $580, available at American Rag CIE, L.A., (323) 935-3154.

From men.style.com

dijkers said:
Thanks faust.

Does onward sell mens clothing?

I'm flying into amsterdam on fri and hoping to get over to paris.

I'd love some chalayan for fall.

Colette has it in Paris. Onward never carried menswear, but then, it might not be an issue, because when I tried to visit them 2 months ago, the store was gone! Poof! :o There was some French chain store there in its place.

If you have time to stop by Antwerp, you can see the menswear at a store called Fragma. I don't know of any other shops that carry it.

I :heart: Hussein Chalayan 's creative cuts!
I :heart: watch the different kinda fashion show concepts, stage & backdrops!!

In Paris you've got Chalayan menswear at L'eclaileur on rue Malher in Marais. The Colette selection sucks big time...In London they have it Browns, Harrods and Selfridges and variety is much bigger than in Paree...

butbeautiful said:
ahh thanks.. was the mens collection on runway? i'm trying to search for them.

he usually doesn't do runway. we have some pictures here, s/s 06 for sure. you can also see that collection on men.style.com section of the runway pics.

It's unfortunate his stuff is so hard to find in NYC. I've bought a few great pieces from the discount store Century 21, a trenchcoat and two double-layer shirts, and a great double-layer coat on eBay which has such a wonderfully unusual but understated design. Oh, and shirt from Jeffrey that has a permanent--creased geometric design on the front, but they only had a really tiny selection anyway.

Need help....

I loved everything you posted here... and since you are a fan... I think you might help me out.. or even give some clue on how to contact Chalayan..
Do you have any e-mail address where I could speak to him?. . . Maybe a phone number.. but the email would be just perfect. I am trying to find a way for a long time... and Hussein seems unreachable... I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you..
Martin

Spacemiu said:
Hussien Chalyan has presented a film for his latest men's wear show you can view clips of the movie and see a interview with Hussien as well as see pictures form the film now.

the film surounds a man in an airport who is given a DNA test, the film is symbolic of ethnic backrounds.

Very intresting and very deep just how I love hussien :heart:

The show

FilmChalayan14Big_5133.jpg

Contact details etc for Hussein Chalayan

+44 20 7613 5494
Here's a number for Chalayan's office (it's in London). There's a very helpful lady working there who does return your phone messages after a while.
Selfridge's were selling the menswear but aren't for A/W this year. The current stockists that I know of are Harrod's, Brown's on South Molton Street and Sefton on Upper Street, which is selling the cardigan with built in shirt pictured in one of the posts above.
His menswear is pretty basic compared to the womenswear, which I think someone has already said on this thread. Some of it is lovely though.

Wow!!..

dontbecruel said:
+44 20 7613 5494
Here's a number for Chalayan's office (it's in London). There's a very helpful lady working there who does return your phone messages after a while.
Selfridge's were selling the menswear but aren't for A/W this year. The current stockists that I know of are Harrod's, Brown's on South Molton Street and Sefton on Upper Street, which is selling the cardigan with built in shirt pictured in one of the posts above.
His menswear is pretty basic compared to the womenswear, which I think someone has already said on this thread. Some of it is lovely though.

Thank you so much!!... You wouldn't believe nor imagine the greatness of your deed!!..
I hope I can help you back... if you ever need.
Good bye, my good friend.
I wish the best in your path...

Does anybody remember the skeleton pieces he did? I'd like to see images of that particular collection they're from

Scott said:
Does anybody remember the skeleton pieces he did? I'd like to see images of that particular collection they're from

I'm blanking out. Do you remember the season? Maybe droogist knows?

^I haven't a clue. I just some of those particular pieces on ebay a few months ago and I adored them. Could've been S/S 04??

Paris store "still" there

droogist said:
Colette has it in Paris. Onward never carried menswear, but then, it might not be an issue, because when I tried to visit them 2 months ago, the store was gone! Poof! :o There was some French chain store there in its place.

If you have time to stop by Antwerp, you can see the menswear at a store called Fragma. I don't know of any other shops that carry it.

I don't understand? :huh: you mean that Onward is/was gone. I passed by St. Germain the day before yesterday and the store is "still" standing. I would not suspect this store to close - big corporation/ nice "Paris" location and the store is one of the only in Paris with a nice high creativity level. .......

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->